i was thinking why can't a monster drop candy apples

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

sango98
Novice
Novice

i was thinking why can't a monster drop candy apples

Post by sango98 »

Well i was thinking since candy apples are very helpful in illia quest why can't a monster drop them it can be a rare drop and why not have a monster like the reinboo drop it since it already drops sweets like cakes , ginger bread men , xmas cake

just putting it out there .

Image=Image
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: i was thinking why can't a monster drop candy apples

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Candy Apples were used in an old halloween quest. You can get them in the illia quest if you be careful as well. I don't think they should become a regular drop though.

regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
sango98
Novice
Novice

Post by sango98 »

they don't spawn in that tiny room anymore i hadn't seen them in a few months lately kinda why i suggest the reinboo
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Sango, it in likely that you could not get some for such a long time:

I'll try to explain:

In source code, at the address:
https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... torage.txt,
you can see:

Code: Select all

052-2.gat,1,1,0|script|#ItemsInvoker|127,{
end;

onInit:
    setarray $@illia_storage_items, 541, 567, 568, 562;
    setarray $@illia_storage_special_items, 687, 827, 1229;
    // Map coords : x1,y1, x2,y2, ...
    setarray $@illia_storage_item_points, 20,67, 22,75, 27,71, 30,73, 34,76, 30,64, 34,65, 34,62, 21,61, 22,64;
    end;
[...]

L_ItemSpawn:
    // This section will decide what to spawn: special monster, monster, item, special item
    // Calculation uses a decreasing variable which introduces a deviation.
    // Its initial value is based on $@Illia_Luvia_Harvest
    // * first decide (50% / 50%) if the deviation will be positive or negative
    // * Apply the deviation to a random number between 0, 100. (note the final value can be < 0 or > 100)
    // The purpose is that, when the initial deviation is high, there are high chances to get either
    // a special monster, or a special item.
    set @m, rand(100);
    if (@m < 50)
        set @r, rand(100) - $@illia_storage_deviation;
    if (@m >= 50)
        set @r, rand(100) + $@illia_storage_deviation;
[...]
    if (@r > 98)
        goto L_MakeSpecialItem;
[...]

L_MakeSpecialItem:
    makeitem $@illia_storage_special_items[rand(getarraysize($@illia_storage_special_items))], rand(2, 4), "052-2.gat", $@item_invoke_x, $@item_invoke_y;
    areatimer "052-2.gat", 19, 60, 35, 78, 10, "#ItemsInvoker::onWow";
    set $@illia_storage_max_items, $@illia_storage_max_items - 1;
    set @r, 0;
    end;

Caramel Apple is item number 1229 (in the array list: $@illia_storage_special_items, 687, 827, 1229;). Others are large healing potion (687) and Medium Mana Elixir (827).
It means, if I am not wrong, that you can get them if quest level is higher than 50, then you have only 2% chances (if (@r > 98) statement) to get a "special item". (Rare items must stay rare, it is a choice by the developers' team)
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.