TMXcopy Help

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

TMXcopy Help

Post by Superkoop »

I'm trying to make a map for the game, and I want to make map3 that Crush mentioned in his post. And so I first want to copy the two borders of the maps that will be next to mine (9 to the east and 26 to the north), into my map so that the maps will be able to flow best.
But, I'm not sure exactly how TMXcopy should work. I have read through the readme, and I have followed it the best I could, and when I enter the command it even says it's successful, but there is no change to the the map I copy to.

Code: Select all

./tmxcopy /home/john/.tmw/updates/maps/new_9-1.tmx 0 0 60 120 /home/john/.tmw/updates/maps/forest-map-3.tmx 78 0
Loading map /home/john/.tmw/updates/maps/new_9-1.tmx
tilesets: 8
layers:4
largest GID:804

Loading map /home/john/.tmw/updates/maps/forest-map-3.tmx
tilesets: 4
layers:4
largest GID:0

copying successful!
What am I doing wrong? :?
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: TMXcopy Help

Post by Crush »

Can you please post your map file like it is now? (I assume new_9-1.tmx is unchanged)
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

It works well here (besides some grass tiles which fill the lower 3/4 of the lowest layer for no reason - might be caused by the wrong size of that layer in the destination map file).

There should be a message "File saved successfully to forest-map-3.tmx" after the last one. Did you forgot to copy this? If not it might be a file permission problem.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Superkoop
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Superkoop »

I didn't get a "file saved successfully" message, or anything else. Maybe I will try using the Windows version through WINE, rather than the Linux version I compiled. (perhaps it's simply crashing on me every time it reaches the writing to xml part...) I'll report back if I can get it working properly through WINE or not.

Edit:
I got it working through WINE! *phew* (odd because my luck with WINE is very poor) there were a few mixed up things with the map (there was grass over the whole map, the layers got renamed) but I can live with it. :D
In game I am Xaru
On forums I am Superkoop
IRL I am John
-View World map-