[BUG] Problem with Astral Soul Focus Skill

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Rill
Novice
Novice

[BUG] Problem with Astral Soul Focus Skill

Post by Rill »

There appears to be a bug that is preventing a player named PiNG0 from getting the Astral Soul Focus Skill. His character is level 72, has Focusing Skills with Brawling and Speed (unfocused), and General Magic Skill level 2. He tried unsuccessfully with both the Old Wizard and Auldspel.

With the Old Wizard, the error can be seen in the part of the dialog that should have the following 3 options:

"That would be very kind of you!"
"Actually I am looking for someone teaching me more magic skills."
"No, but thank you".

In PiNG0's dialog, the second option is missing.

Mr. Grey and I both tried to duplicate the situation with alts, but neither of us had a problem with the quest. The only difference I could see between PiNG0's character and my alt is that his character has General Magic Skill level 2, and my alt only has level 1; but I do not know if that is relevant.

PiNG0 is seeking assistance to fix this problem.
Last edited by WildX on 22 Sep 2016, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tags!
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Re: Problem with Astral Soul Focus Skill

Post by Reid »

Rill wrote:There appears to be a bug that is preventing a player named PiNG0 from getting the Astral Soul Focus Skill. His character is level 72, has Focusing Skills with Brawling and Speed (unfocused), and General Magic Skill level 2. He tried unsuccessfully with both the Old Wizard and Auldspel.

With the Old Wizard, the error can be seen in the part of the dialog that should have the following 3 options:

"That would be very kind of you!"
"Actually I am looking for someone teaching me more magic skills."
"No, but thank you".

In PiNG0's dialog, the second option is missing.

Mr. Grey and I both tried to duplicate the situation with alts, but neither of us had a problem with the quest. The only difference I could see between PiNG0's character and my alt is that his character has General Magic Skill level 2, and my alt only has level 1; but I do not know if that is relevant.

PiNG0 is seeking assistance to fix this problem.
I checked on the script, apparently it is impossible to access this dialogue if the player has already learnt the magic skill, so every old players can't learn that focus.

Code: Select all

if (getskilllv(SKILL_POOL) && (getskilllv(SKILL_MAGIC_ASTRAL) < 1))
That condition forget to check if the player doesn't have the astral focus.

if (getskilllv(SKILL_POOL) && (getskilllv(SKILL_MAGIC_ASTRAL) < 1)) || (getskilllv(SKILL_ASTRAL_SOUL) == 0))
^ That line should fix it, I will make a PR.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
omatt
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by omatt »

This bug was already found here : https://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtop ... 5&p=149219

Some players pay Audsbel for got the astral skill when they has already the magic astral.
Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

Reid wrote: I checked on the script, apparently it is impossible to access this dialogue if the player has already learnt the magic skill, so every old players can't learn that focus.

if (getskilllv(SKILL_POOL) && (getskilllv(SKILL_MAGIC_ASTRAL) < 1))
That condition forget to check if the player doesn't have the astral focus.

if (getskilllv(SKILL_POOL) && (getskilllv(SKILL_MAGIC_ASTRAL) < 1)) || (getskilllv(SKILL_ASTRAL_SOUL) == 0))
^ That line should fix it, I will make a PR.
Thank you.