[BUG] Moving between sections of walls

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Barchaul
Peon
Peon

[BUG] Moving between sections of walls

Post by Barchaul »

I found that if I select a target and move to the target I can pass between sections of adjoining walls if the target is on the other side of the wall. It also happens if I use the mouse to target and attack. If I pass between the sections of wall I cannot attack the target. To correct the situation I use the mouse to move back to the other side of the wall and then I move around the sections of wall using the arrow keys to attack the target.
I hope I explained the bug well enough.
I am Rawon in the game.

Update: I tested the problem using the green screen so that I could see just the wall sections and found that it happens wherever two sections of wall meet at just the corners. I can pass between the walls where two corners touch. There are a lot of places where this happens. It doesn't happen when just normal walking around. Only when I target a monster on the other side of the wall and move to the target. Also on the green screen the wall sections that this happens with are a very light green color. The dark green color walls sections do not have this problem and it only happens where two light green sections of wall meet at the corners. One example would be at coordinates 001-1 189 39 If there is a dark green and a light green touching it does not happen.
Knight
Knight

Re: [BUG] Moving between sections of walls

Post by 4144 »

Depend what client version you using, you can have different bugs.
If client not latest version, you can some times walk between diagonal collisions (air, water) but not walls. This is known and fixed bug.
If client is latest, and you using mouse for attack some monster, you virtually teleported to this monster. This also bug. Fixed in dev version. For avoid it need disable option in settings in misc tab / moving with name "sync player move".
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

What 4144 meant with "air", "water" and "wall" collision is our different collision system. Some mobs are allowed to walk in some collision tiles based on their type (flying, swimming monsters).
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Barchaul
Peon
Peon

Post by Barchaul »

I downloaded the newest version and now everything is working properly