All development of pixel art and graphics
#155631 by Reid
Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:30 pm
I made up a wood palette for Hurnscald, I tested it on Artis's dock (that would most likely be colored for Hurns).
The style/contrast is a bit different and I had some trouble to adapt my 10 color palette to that 5 color tileset.
dock difference.png
dock difference.png (424.11 KiB) Viewed 147 times

Here is a better example using Arikel's guard tower's outline.
Tower defense.png
Tower defense.png (15 KiB) Viewed 145 times
#155634 by WildX
Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:19 am
It looks great. I'd make a heavier use of the darker browns in Hurnscald to give the town a larger contrast with Artis. Hurnscald is a bit more rough while Artis is more "pretty". Also nice roof :>
#155667 by The Micksha
Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:43 am
Trying to re-coloring the wood tiles on hurnscald-ground with the new palette, I found a secret message :D
secret message.png
secret message.png (1.03 KiB) Viewed 81 times
#155668 by WildX
Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:30 pm
The Micksha wrote:Trying to re-coloring the wood tiles on hurnscald-ground with the new palette, I found a secret message :D
secret message.png

Hahaha looks like Crush signed his tiles with blood. I suggest we keep the message hidden in the new version as tribute.
#155672 by Reid
Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:51 pm
EJlol wrote:There are/were more tiles with Crush's name on it. Not to mention 'Hurnscald' :wink:

Yep that and the message written on the indoor map tiling... Technically I don't think we can remove these as they could be perceived as copyright statement. :)
But it's a fun easteregg for devs, so it doesn't bother me and I don't think it will bother anyone else!