Bow Range

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

phoen
Peon
Peon

Bow Range

Post by phoen »

Is it possible to have the range of any of the bows increse as your Accuracy goes up. Because longer range could be a side effect of being more accurate.
My logical illogic is more logical then others illogical logic
ktm
Novice
Novice

Post by ktm »

in reality, a longer range would be caused by a stronger bow (more tension on the string etc), not by a more experienced marksman. another factor would be the type of arrow, so maybe you could ask for some lighter arrows instead - which would tend to do less damage than heavier ones.
criptos
Novice
Novice

Post by criptos »

OOOooooOOOOoooooh...

Interesting.

Maybe more accuracy means more % to deal full damage :)
May the Source be With You
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

>.>

Bow damage = distance * force
if Archer is closer /but not too close to target, then the monster should take higher damage.

if archer is far away, it should take less damage but have.

if archer is up close, the monster should take less damage, but risk a critical hit.

Thats how i think the bows damage system should be like
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

If you want the damage to increase if the distance is less it should be something like:

Code: Select all

Bow damage = force/(distance+1)
If you want the damage to decrease again with very short distances you could do something like:

DAMAGE=FORCE*((log(DISTANCE+1))/0.1*(0.5*DISTANCE+1)^2)
Just an example. :)
I don't have a graph-drawer on my PC, but it makes a nice graph on my calculator

The critical hit chance could be:

CRIT_HIT= SKILL - DISTANCE
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
bahamutian
Peon
Peon

Post by bahamutian »

Actually, an increased accuracy could result in hitting targets that are further away.

Honestly, if you cannot hit something at 10 yards due to very bad accuracy, how much less likely are you to hit something at 20 yards.

Once you can hit that object at 10 yards, you will probably attempt something farther away more likely.

This would have a maximum distance that you can hit something, which would be affected by terrain, which doesnt seem to be in the dev. model right now unless I am mistaken.

Your comment is right that an increase in accuracy will not increase range.