TEST: New 0.6.0 client version testing time.

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Re: TEST: New 0.6.0 client version testing time.

Post by Bertram »

Bump!

Client almost ready for a release!
RC2 available here for windows users:
http://nightlies.manasource.org/mana-0.1.0.20120207.zip

You can also have a look at the two first posts!

Changes:
- Movement fixes last part. Working very smoothly now.
- Mouse click to go and pickup much more responsive now.
- Mouse click to go and attack is now working and following the weapon range.
- The mana client is now a on-the-fly resizable app, thanks to bjorn.
- Many, many other smaller bugfixes.
Ablu
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Ablu »

cody wrote:If you have arrows equipped and equip a bow, then the client shows the arrows as unequiped. But you can shot arrows anyway.
I was not able to reproduce that. How do you do it excactly?

Thanks for the other bugs
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi cody,

I wish you had spoken earlier, thanks for the precise feedback. We miss your patches. :)
- In the server dialog the space key does not invoke the connect anymore. It did work in Mana 0.5.
- After client restart the debug window is reset to its default size.
- If you have arrows equipped and equip a bow, then the client shows the arrows as unequipped. But you can shot arrows anyway.
- After changing maps the inventory buttons are set randomly. InventoryWindow::updateButtons() gets called but for some reason getSelectedItem() returns an "Unknown item".
- Old bug, but really annoying: Magic does not work in all [chat] tabs.
:arrow: Can be added rather easily, IMHO. Thus, should be fixed in priority.
The target circle colour with Setzer shows red one tile too early.
Attacking flowers with the x key works fine in 1 tile distance. But with 2 tile distance the attack stops when the x key is not pressed anymore.
:arrow: The attack range is set by the SMSG_SET_ATTACK_RANGE message, and then by the config
if not set yet. Could you check both and tell us if something is wrong there?
The storage is a mess. In Mana 0.5 non stackable items with the same id were next to each other. Now they are spread all over the storage.
The ordering of the inventory seems to be messed up too. New items don't get just added at the first free space anymore. Now it is difficult to see what is new and my equipment is not longer at the top.
:arrow: Well, to be honest, we made sure it was the old client doing it wrongly. The 0.5 version used to display slots like this:

Code: Select all

1 5 9
2 6 10
3 7 11
4 8 ...
The new client is now displaying the slot in lines instead, as it should have been from the beginning, AFAIK.
Note also that the inventory filter has got a bug that should also be fixed, and that equip/inventory windows will quite surely be reworked for 0.7.
I won't fight about that since we've done it "wrong" for so long without any user issues, but I'd like a clear consensus, would something be done there. let's take that point openly on IRC with everyone, IMO.

Best regards,

Yohann
Ablu
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Ablu »

cody wrote: I can reproduce it every time. Just equip any of the bows. Then the arrows are not shown as equipt, neither in inventory nor in equipment window. After changing map the arrows appear again.
Hm. Thanks for info.
cody wrote: After changing maps the inventory buttons are set randomly. InventoryWindow::updateButtons() gets called but for some reason getSelectedItem() returns an "Unknown item".]
Could you explain this a bit deeper?
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi cody,

Thanks for all the reporting, and that latest one.
My guess is that the server sends a new destination for the monster. But the monster gets stunned before it reaches another tile. The server sends as destination the tile where the monster already is, but for the client it looks like the monster starts walking in the opposite direction.
Sounds a relevant guess, indeed. Yet, what should we do?
- Should we put by force the monster in the middle of the tile? And then is there a way to interpret the messages sent by the server correctly in that case?
- Should we reset the direction at the end of setDestination calls? And then again, is the server sending it at all?

Could you wire some logging on the stun/set position/set destination tA messages info, linked to the monster, so that we can start taking some conclusions about it?

Thanks in advance, and best regards,

EDIT:
A little point of situation:

- After client restart the debug window is reset to its default size.
:arrow: Fixed thanks to Ablu.
- If you have arrows equipped and equip a bow, then the client shows the arrows as unequipped. But you can shot arrows anyway.
:arrow: Unreproducable AFAIK. I guess you'll have to help us further with that one. Does the 0.5.3 version do the same?
- The target circle colour with Setzer shows red one tile too early.
Attacking flowers with the x key works fine in 1 tile distance. But with 2 tile distance the attack stops when the x key is not pressed anymore.

:arrow: The attack range seems to be 2, as you said, and the server seems to report 1, as said Freeyorp. I'd like someone to confirm that 1. The setzer range is indeed 1 in the server config, 2. that the range the server is sending is indeed 1 to the client. We'll then take the according conclusions.
- The ordering of the inventory seems to be messed up too.
:arrow: Just ot be clear, it's not messed up, it's been fixed, in fact. But as it will be confusing the users, I guess we'll remix it up using the old way before release. For the next big release, the inventory / equip windows will be rethought for better interaction, as agreed with bjorn.

I hope we will be able to resolve the other bugs quite soon. :)
Bertram
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

cody wrote:The movement on the new client feels still more wobbly than with Mana 0.5. One difference I noticed is the placement of the hair. I have combined two screenshots, with the same head position, but the hair and cat ears have moved. This does not happen with Mana 0.5.
Hmm, when saying wobbly, are you talking about the hair only? or something else?
When you say the hair are off, do you mean all the time, sometimes, only on certain actions?

Thanks in advance for your precisions.

Bertram
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

The setzer range problem:

Here is the server configuration, taken from here: https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... tem_db.txt

Code: Select all

#ID, Name,  Label, Type, Price,      Sell,  Weight,    ATK, DEF, Range,
571, Setzer, Setzer,    4, 20000, 8000,       900,    110,      ,        1,
The range is indeed 1 tile, and so is reporting the server.

Now, cody, how does it come you have a range of 2 tiles? Is it linked to the mallard eye skill, maybe?
If yes, I suspect that the server isn't sending the actual attack range value, and i fear it's a server bug.

If no, then I really wonder how it is possible.

In short, we'll need more info, or we simply can't fix that.

Best regards,
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi cody,

Late answer, yet, it's now done:
I think it's a server bug. It happens also if you have no skills at all. If the range for the weapon is set to 0, then the actual range stays 2. If the range for the weapon is set higher, then the actual range is always one tile higher than it should be.
I hope o11c will help us on that one.
One difference to Mana 0.5 is, that the new client stops the attack when the x key is released and the client thinks the target is out of range. Even with the correct range I don't know if this would be a good change, because it happens very often that the client and server have different positions.
I've fixed it.
One more thing, the knife, dagger and setzer is not shown during attack animation. That too worked fine in Mana 0.5.
This has been broken by nmaligec a while ago in the client data, but Ablu has fixed it again in the client data.

Best regards,
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi all,

Release done!

It will be official in a few hours, I guess. :)

You can already try it by downloading the win32 binary there:
http://dev.themanaworld.org/downloads/m ... -win32.exe

We'll make sure to bug the linux maintainers about it, yet I think we'll need help on the mac release.
Any help on that will be gladly be appreciated. Here is the source tarball already:
https://github.com/mana/mana/zipball/v0.6.0

I personally want to thank everybody involved in the tests. You guys made it possible to fix nasty things. :)

Best regards,

Bertram