[FIXED]Make error - version 0.0.18 - ubuntu breezy

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Nintendud
Peon
Peon

[FIXED]Make error - version 0.0.18 - ubuntu breezy

Post by Nintendud »

I have compiled previous versions of the mana world with no problem, but this time, it's not going too well. At a certain point, this happens:

Code: Select all

g++  -g -O2   -o tmw   `pkg-config --libs libxml-2.0` tmw-spriteset.o tmw-browserbox.o tmw-buddywindow.o tmw-button.o tmw-buy.o tmw-buysell.o tmw-chargedialog.o tmw-char_server.o tmw-char_select.o tmw-chat.o tmw-chatinput.o tmw-checkbox.o tmw-confirm_dialog.o tmw-connection.o tmw-debugwindow.o tmw-equipmentwindow.o tmw-error.o tmw-focushandler.o tmw-gccontainer.o tmw-gui.o tmw-help.o tmw-inventorywindow.o tmw-itemcontainer.o tmw-item_amount.o tmw-listbox.o tmw-login.o tmw-menuwindow.o tmw-minimap.o tmw-ministatus.o tmw-newskill.o tmw-npc.o tmw-npc_text.o tmw-ok_dialog.o tmw-passwordfield.o tmw-playerbox.o tmw-popupmenu.o tmw-progressbar.o tmw-radiobutton.o tmw-requesttrade.o tmw-scrollarea.o tmw-sell.o tmw-setup.o tmw-skill.o tmw-slider.o tmw-status.o tmw-tabbedcontainer.o tmw-textbox.o tmw-textfield.o tmw-trade.o tmw-window.o tmw-windowcontainer.o tmw-inttextbox.o tmw-box.o tmw-vbox.o tmw-hbox.o tmw-updatewindow.o tmw-messagein.o tmw-messageout.o tmw-network.o tmw-packet.o tmw-protocol.o tmw-image.o tmw-imagewriter.o tmw-itemmanager.o tmw-mapreader.o tmw-music.o tmw-resource.o tmw-resourcemanager.o tmw-sdlimageloader.o tmw-soundeffect.o tmw-buddylist.o tmw-base64.o tmw-being.o tmw-configuration.o tmw-engine.o tmw-equipment.o tmw-floor_item.o tmw-game.o tmw-graphics.o tmw-inventory.o tmw-item.o tmw-log.o tmw-main.o tmw-map.o tmw-openglgraphics.o tmw-sound.o -L/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread -lSDL_image -lSDL_mixer -lguichan_sdl -lGL -lguichan_opengl -L/usr/local/lib -lcurl -lidn -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lz -lpng -lSDL_net -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image -lxml2 -lcurl -lphysfs -lguichan -lpthread 
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libstdc++.so.5, needed by /usr/local/lib/libguichan_sdl.so, may conflict with libstdc++.so.6
tmw-button.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV6Button[vtable for Button]+0x150): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::Button::mousePress(int, int, int)'
tmw-button.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV6Button[vtable for Button]+0x154): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::Button::mouseRelease(int, int, int)'
tmw-button.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV6Button[vtable for Button]+0x158): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::Button::mouseClick(int, int, int, int)'
tmw-button.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV6Button[vtable for Button]+0x178): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::Button::keyPress(gcn::Key const&)'
tmw-button.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV6Button[vtable for Button]+0x17c): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::Button::keyRelease(gcn::Key const&)'
tmw-chatinput.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV9ChatInput[vtable for ChatInput]+0x148): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::TextField::mousePress(int, int, int)'
tmw-chatinput.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV9ChatInput[vtable for ChatInput]+0x170): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::TextField::keyPress(gcn::Key const&)'
tmw-checkbox.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV8CheckBox[vtable for CheckBox]+0x150): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::CheckBox::mouseClick(int, int, int, int)'
tmw-checkbox.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV8CheckBox[vtable for CheckBox]+0x170): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::CheckBox::keyPress(gcn::Key const&)'
tmw-listbox.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV7ListBox[vtable for ListBox]+0x140): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::ListBox::mousePress(int, int, int)'
tmw-listbox.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV7ListBox[vtable for ListBox]+0x168): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::ListBox::keyPress(gcn::Key const&)'
tmw-passwordfield.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV13PasswordField[vtable for PasswordField]+0x148): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::TextField::mousePress(int, int, int)'
tmw-passwordfield.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV13PasswordField[vtable for PasswordField]+0x170): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::TextField::keyPress(gcn::Key const&)'
tmw-playerbox.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV9PlayerBox[vtable for PlayerBox]+0x1d8): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::ScrollArea::mousePress(int, int, int)'
tmw-playerbox.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV9PlayerBox[vtable for PlayerBox]+0x1dc): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::ScrollArea::mouseRelease(int, int, int)'
tmw-playerbox.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV9PlayerBox[vtable for PlayerBox]+0x1e4): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::ScrollArea::mouseWheelUp(int, int)'
tmw-playerbox.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV9PlayerBox[vtable for PlayerBox]+0x1e8): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::ScrollArea::mouseWheelDown(int, int)'
tmw-playerbox.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV9PlayerBox[vtable for PlayerBox]+0x1ec): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::ScrollArea::mouseMotion(int, int)'
tmw-radiobutton.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV11RadioButton[vtable for RadioButton]+0x154): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::RadioButton::mouseClick(int, int, int, int)'
tmw-radiobutton.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV11RadioButton[vtable for RadioButton]+0x174): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::RadioButton::keyPress(gcn::Key const&)'
tmw-scrollarea.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV10ScrollArea[vtable for ScrollArea]+0x1d8): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::ScrollArea::mousePress(int, int, int)'
tmw-scrollarea.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV10ScrollArea[vtable for ScrollArea]+0x1dc): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::ScrollArea::mouseRelease(int, int, int)'
tmw-scrollarea.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV10ScrollArea[vtable for ScrollArea]+0x1e4): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::ScrollArea::mouseWheelUp(int, int)'
tmw-scrollarea.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV10ScrollArea[vtable for ScrollArea]+0x1e8): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::ScrollArea::mouseWheelDown(int, int)'
tmw-scrollarea.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV10ScrollArea[vtable for ScrollArea]+0x1ec): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::ScrollArea::mouseMotion(int, int)'
tmw-slider.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV6Slider[vtable for Slider]+0x178): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::Slider::mousePress(int, int, int)'
tmw-slider.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV6Slider[vtable for Slider]+0x17c): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::Slider::mouseRelease(int, int, int)'
tmw-slider.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV6Slider[vtable for Slider]+0x18c): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::Slider::mouseMotion(int, int)'
tmw-slider.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV6Slider[vtable for Slider]+0x1a0): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::Slider::keyPress(gcn::Key const&)'
tmw-textbox.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV7TextBox[vtable for TextBox]+0x17c): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::TextBox::mousePress(int, int, int)'
tmw-textbox.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV7TextBox[vtable for TextBox]+0x1a4): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::TextBox::keyPress(gcn::Key const&)'
tmw-textfield.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV9TextField[vtable for TextField]+0x148): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::TextField::mousePress(int, int, int)'
tmw-textfield.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV9TextField[vtable for TextField]+0x170): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::TextField::keyPress(gcn::Key const&)'
tmw-inttextbox.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV10IntTextBox[vtable for IntTextBox]+0x17c): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk to gcn::TextBox::mousePress(int, int, int)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [tmw] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/nintendud/tmw-0.0.18/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/nintendud/tmw-0.0.18'
make: *** [all] Error 2
I am not sure what the problem is. I configured --with-opengl.
Any idea of what is going wrong? I am compiling on Ubuntu Breezy.
Last edited by Nintendud on 06 Jan 2006, 00:35, edited 1 time in total.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

This is not the whole error. See above if there aren't any "No such file or directory." errors.

Regards.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I guess you have to recompile guichan by yourself...
Nintendud
Peon
Peon

Post by Nintendud »

Platyna wrote:This is not the whole error. See above if there aren't any "No such file or directory." errors.

Regards.
There was no "no such file or directory" error. I would have included that if there was. I am currently recompiling guichan, let's hope for the best.
Nintendud
Peon
Peon

Post by Nintendud »

I guess I have bad luck. Compiling guichan spouts another error, and installing the debian package for guichan doesn't help either.
This is weird.. I dunno what I should do. All other mana world versions have compiled fine >_>

Edit: The guichan compiling problem is due to gcc4, I read it in the forum. So, mana world should compile using the debian packages... but that error is there. I dunno what to do.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Well if you could paste the guichan compiling error we could help you better. I can't read minds :P
Anyway I guess you're having the usual error about the virtual destructor not being declared:
Had that too.
Use an older compiler and make clean or just add that line

virtual ListModel::~ListModel() {};

under public in the class ListModel.
Nintendud
Peon
Peon

Post by Nintendud »

ElvenProgrammer wrote:Well if you could paste the guichan compiling error we could help you better. I can't read minds :P
Anyway I guess you're having the usual error about the virtual destructor not being declared:
Had that too.

Thank you. I recompiled guichan and installed it to /usr/lib and it worked. It turns out that my older compiled guichan used an older shared library file and a dependency of The Mana World used a newer version of the shared library file, so recompiling did its trick. Thanks a bunch.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

ElvenProgrammer wrote:Well if you could paste the guichan compiling error we could help you better. I can't read minds :P
Had that too.

Yeah, exactly that error he had and the cause were incorrectly installed libs. We should really recommend people to use --prefix=/usr while configuring sources on systems which not uses /usr/local hierarchy. :P

Regards.
Altefcat
Peon
Peon

Post by Altefcat »

Nintendud wrote: Thank you. I recompiled guichan and installed it to /usr/lib and it worked. It turns out that my older compiled guichan used an older shared library file and a dependency of The Mana World used a newer version of the shared library file, so recompiling did its trick. Thanks a bunch.
I have the same problem, trying to compile under Ubuntu Breezy, with guichan package from guichan website. Could you tell me how you managed to compile guichan source ? I have tried for days with no success ! :cry:

By the way, first post here, hello everybody. I have been following you for monthes, TMW is very promising !!!
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Well if you have the same problem as the first post, then you also have a solution, if not please post your compiler log.
Altefcat
Peon
Peon

Post by Altefcat »

Solution would be to compile guichan sources I guess, as said Nintendud, but i cannot succeed in that...

Anyway here is a piece of my compile log:

Code: Select all

make[2]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/manu/Jeux/tmw-0.0.18.1/src »
g++  -g -O2   -o tmw   `pkg-config --libs libxml-2.0` tmw-spriteset.o tmw-browserbox.o tmw-buddywindow.o tmw-button.o tmw-buy.o tmw-buysell.o tmw-chargedialog.o tmw-char_server.o tmw-char_select.o tmw-chat.o tmw-chatinput.o tmw-checkbox.o tmw-confirm_dialog.o tmw-connection.o tmw-debugwindow.o tmw-equipmentwindow.o tmw-error.o tmw-focushandler.o tmw-gccontainer.o tmw-gui.o tmw-help.o tmw-inventorywindow.o tmw-itemcontainer.o tmw-item_amount.o tmw-listbox.o tmw-login.o tmw-menuwindow.o tmw-minimap.o tmw-ministatus.o tmw-newskill.o tmw-npc.o tmw-npc_text.o tmw-ok_dialog.o tmw-passwordfield.o tmw-playerbox.o tmw-popupmenu.o tmw-progressbar.o tmw-radiobutton.o tmw-requesttrade.o tmw-scrollarea.o tmw-sell.o tmw-setup.o tmw-skill.o tmw-slider.o tmw-status.o tmw-tabbedcontainer.o tmw-textbox.o tmw-textfield.o tmw-trade.o tmw-window.o tmw-windowcontainer.o tmw-inttextbox.o tmw-box.o tmw-vbox.o tmw-hbox.o tmw-updatewindow.o tmw-messagein.o tmw-messageout.o tmw-network.o tmw-packet.o tmw-protocol.o tmw-image.o tmw-imagewriter.o tmw-itemmanager.o tmw-mapreader.o tmw-music.o tmw-resource.o tmw-resourcemanager.o tmw-sdlimageloader.o tmw-soundeffect.o tmw-buddylist.o tmw-base64.o tmw-being.o tmw-configuration.o tmw-engine.o tmw-equipment.o tmw-floor_item.o tmw-game.o tmw-graphics.o tmw-inventory.o tmw-item.o tmw-log.o tmw-main.o tmw-map.o tmw-openglgraphics.o tmw-sound.o -L/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread -lSDL_image -lSDL_mixer -lguichan_sdl  -L/usr/lib -lcurl -lidn -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lz -lpng -lSDL_net -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image -lxml2 -lcurl -lphysfs -lguichan -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libstdc++.so.5, needed by /usr/lib/libguichan_sdl.so, may conflict with libstdc++.so.6
tmw-button.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV6Button[vtable for Button]+0x150): référence indéfinie vers « non-virtual thunk to gcn::Button::mousePress(int, int, int)»
tmw-button.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV6Button[vtable for Button]+0x154): référence indéfinie vers « non-virtual thunk to gcn::Button::mouseRelease(int, int, int)»
tmw-button.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV6Button[vtable for Button]+0x158): référence indéfinie vers « non-virtual thunk to gcn::Button::mouseClick(int, int, int, int)»
tmw-button.o:(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV6Button[vtable for Button]+0x178): référence indéfinie vers « non-virtual thunk to gcn::Button::keyPress(gcn::Key const&)»
Well, I finally figured how to compile Guichan; as you said, all was provided previously. I made a little howto in french on my blog on http://pousse.rapiere.free.fr/dotclear/ ... ntu-breezy
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Well, if you have same problem you should have also same solution: Just install TMW and all depencies in /usr by passing the configure option --prefix=/usr

Regards.
jdodson
Peon
Peon

Post by jdodson »

i am getting this error:

RANT `pkg-config --cflags libxml-2.0` -g -O2 -MT tmw-char_server.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/tmw-char_server.Tpo" -c -o tmw-char_server.o `test -f 'gui/char_server.cpp' || echo './'`gui/char_server.cpp; \
then mv -f ".deps/tmw-char_server.Tpo" ".deps/tmw-char_server.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/tmw-char_server.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
gui/char_server.cpp: In member function ‘void ServerSelectDialog::selectServer(int)’:
gui/char_server.cpp:179: error: ‘rpl_malloc’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [tmw-char_server.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jdodson/Desktop/tmw-0.0.18.1/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jdodson/Desktop/tmw-0.0.18.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

and i did everything mentioned above. i am using breezy as well.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

These issues you are reporting are already well known. Use the Search option provided by this forum and read the posting guidelines at the Bugs/Support section.

Link: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =rplmalloc

Regards.