[WIP] Manaverse press kit

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.
Reid
Administrator
Administrator

[WIP] Manaverse press kit

Post by Reid »

Quick concept for the manaverse client.
Typo is a bit wrong but on the overall I wanted to go with this color/style, thoughts?
mockup manaverse logo.png
mockup manaverse logo.png (71.26 KiB) Viewed 233 times
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Re: [WIP] Manaverse press kit

Post by EJlol »

I'm not sure whether I like it.

I like the concept, and I can see a clear connection with the letter 'M of Manaverse.' The shape is unique, and easily identifiable. Perfect for a logo.

Yet at the same time cause the flower is upside down, it reminds me of a corsage worn during a funeral (in reality they shouldn't be worn upside down I believe, and it is debated whether they should be worn at a funeral at all, as it is (used to be) actually a sign of celebration).

The left arm still has some sketching line at the bottom.
WildX
Adviser
Adviser

Post by WildX »

I think this is genius, especially if/when TMW adopts its new logo in the same style. The sketch line on the bottom left is the only thing that needs fixing and also we might need this vectorised.

Lots of flowers grow “upside down” and I think it makes sense for it to take the shape of an M and also reference what should be the new TMW logo.
Hello=)
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Hello=) »

"Claws" look a bit aggro/scary/dark but other than that it looks nice. And, eh, maybe change black font color? Just random idea.
WildX
Adviser
Adviser

Post by WildX »

Agree on the font colour, I would use the light brown we use in the forum theme.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

Well if we are going to be that nitpicky, the logo is also smaller than the text and not centered :p. If it's a vector I would rescale it so they are the same width, if that isn't possible I would center it.
Hocus Pocus Fidibus
Developer
Developer

Post by Hocus Pocus Fidibus »

Far too complex for a logo imo
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

I disagree that it is too complex. At that scale it is not a problem that it is complex. It may become a problem when downscaling it, so I quickly tried that. Even at such a small scale it is recognizable. I did change it to a single color for the small version though, but it is quite normal to simplify it when downscaling logo/images. It will look better when someone actually spends time on it btw (notice that I didn't even bother to remove the text, or the sketch line, white background instead of transparancy). I can see a good smaller version with 2 or 3 colors.