tiled issues

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

noobmapper
Peon
Peon

tiled issues

Post by noobmapper »

Hopefully someone can help me out here. I am trying my hand at mapping. I have the newest version of tiled. I am able to get tiles imported and start the maps however I am unable to save any of my maps as a wlk file, whenever I save my maps a get this message:
Error while attemption to save C:\documents and settings\ptr\desktop\the mana world\data\maps\desert.wlk: No writer plugin exists for this file type.
If anyone can help me to save my work I would greatly appreciate it.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Re: tiled issues

Post by Bjørn »

For Tiled to support .wlk files it needs to be able to find The Mana World export plugin in its plugins directory. This directory is called "plugins" and should contain a file called "tmw.jar". You need to run Tiled so that the "plugins" directory is in its working path.

On Linux, this looks like this if you compiled Tiled yourself with ant:

Code: Select all

tlindeij@horst-dieter:tiled$ cd dist
tlindeij@horst-dieter:dist$ ls
plugins  tiled.jar
tlindeij@horst-dieter:dist$ ls plugins/
json.jar  lua.jar  mappy.jar  tmw.jar
tlindeij@horst-dieter:dist$ java -jar tiled.jar
noobmapper
Peon
Peon

Post by noobmapper »

I have windows. I looked it up and it shows that I have all the plugins now showing and it let me save but now I am unable to view any saved items is there something I am not doing correctly.

This time the message shows no reader plugin installed vs. the no writer plugin as before.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Did you save your maps with a .tmx extension? If you use another extension then Tiled may be unable to find a map reader.