[PASS] Big Crunch for GM!

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Big Crunch for GM!

Yes
76%
No
24%

Total votes: 87
Katze
Knight
Knight

Re: Big Crunch for GM!

Post by Katze »

mistergrey wrote:I tend to see Tiana, Narus and Alons ( :o :?: and where is Katze :?: ) on at generally the same times, and there are enough times when none of the 3 ( :shock: :?: ) are on. So, a GM who plays during those intervals is a nice bonus to consider, on top of my friend BC here being a good choice anyways.
Sorry, a bit off topic but:

Uhm... huh? :shock:
Meow! (Katze is also known as Plush & Kater)
Axalix
Novice
Novice

Post by Axalix »

mistergrey wrote:So, a GM who plays during those intervals is a nice bonus to consider
It is a great allusion :wink:

---
"yes" to BG
iceslice
Warrior
Warrior

Post by iceslice »

i do not hesitate to give yes vote to eligible persons. I think BC should be GM, he sounds good both the ways. On top If i am not wrong, he donated to this game.

another point:
player base, GM base, Dev base. They all are complementary. GM base & Dev base though not perfect but QUITE working. I think we need an improved player base. just to point it out.
Last edited by iceslice on 27 Aug 2010, 07:27, edited 1 time in total.
Lets Chase MDGs...

ManaPortable (Vanilla Mana + ManaPlus) -- run 'em portably

http://manaportable.1sourceplus.com
http://manamac.1sourceplus.com
Game Server >> jadu.1sourceplus.org , jadu.1sourceplus.com

Mr Anonymous
Novice
Novice

Post by Mr Anonymous »

I voted no, the reason i voted no was because just like the comment before i think big crunch has a good thing going on with the guilds. if he was to become a gm he would be expected to have a different responsibilty then the one he has right now for other players. he would have a big responsibilty making sure people follow the rules and checking for botters. i think big crunch is a good guy but i dont think being a gm is a good idea (also my opinion so dont hate me for what i think). but you have all my wishes to your nomination big crunch goodluck.

Regards, :twisted:
We are Anonymous.
we are legion.
we do not forgive, we do not forget.
we can be horrible, senseless, uncaring monsters.
we are still able to deliver.
Expect us.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Hi everyone.

Reading the comments of Arphetic and Mr Anonymous have spurned me reply. The character known as Big Crunch is nearing the end of his journey on The Mana World. I am level 98 and should acheive level 99 in the next week or so. Before being nominated, i had considered two courses of action regarding Big Crunch. The first was to retire him and only use him for guild activities such as attempting to take Candor. The other course of action was to have him retire to Hurnscald and become a townsitter. This nomination has brought up a third option, that of becoming GM. Of the three options, GM would keep Big Crunch active, mobile, and interacting with people beyond the scope of Hurnscald.

Concerning the question of whether we need another GM. I play TMW at least 8 hours a day 5 days a week. I believe that this is nearly twice the amount of time spent in game as any one GM currently on staff. I'm active in the forums, although i'm more of a lurker than poster, and i'm on IRC occasionally.

I hope these factors will help alleviate any concerns you may have about my nomination for GM.

Thank you for the support and kind words, everyone. This nomination has shown me that I have many friends, each of whom i respect a great deal, and I hope to live up to the expectations placed upon me.

Big Crunch
sexy red bearded GM
Coolkid 782
Novice
Novice

Post by Coolkid 782 »

pros: mostly active- very good when the other gm's arent online

knows when enough is enough- some gm's give too many chances when a kick or a ban is needed

kind to people- good when solving problems between people

intellingent- well you cant have a dumb person trying to enforce the rules...can you?

cons: none that i know of

good luck with the nominations Big Crunch
~coolkid 782 aka coolkid 782's junk shop
Narus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Narus »

My vote is 100% for BC, he is a good man, he love the game, he is online many hours per day, and I think he can be a great adition to the Gm team.
It Will be a pleasure to work with you BC, good luck with this poll.
Regards
JackDeth
Novice
Novice

Post by JackDeth »

I would like to encourage those who voted "no" for the reason that they think he's better as a player running a guild...etc...etc... to change their votes to "yes". I'm not sure I would consider that a good reason to vote "no" as it doesn't affect any of his positive qualities that have been mentioned.

In my opinion if you vote yes or no you are voting for whether or not you think he would be a good GM. Just because you (and I) think he's a great player and guild master really doesn't have anything to do with that.

I also think BC had some very good points in his last post regarding the future of his B.C. character. Plus, if you think of it this way, he would make a great G.M. just by the fact that he IS such an active player.

What better way to spot botters than having a GM who is not only very active, but actively running around fighting in different areas anyway? Who said he cannot be a player and a fair GM all at the same time? You almost make it sound like by becoming a GM that he will cease to be a fun player. :cry:

C'mon folks!! Bring out the votes!!

:D
Mr Anonymous
Novice
Novice

Post by Mr Anonymous »

JackDeth wrote: You almost make it sound like by becoming a GM that he will cease to be a fun player.
By becoming a gm he would have more responsibilities and different priorities to worry about then just being a player.

We are Anonymous.
we are legion.
Expect us.
iceslice
Warrior
Warrior

Post by iceslice »

Mr Anonymous wrote:
JackDeth wrote: You almost make it sound like by becoming a GM that he will cease to be a fun player.
By becoming a gm he would have more responsibilities and different priorities to worry about then just being a player.

being a player, he's going to be a townie/sitter.
being a GM, he's going to be active.
reconsider. :|
Lets Chase MDGs...

ManaPortable (Vanilla Mana + ManaPlus) -- run 'em portably

http://manaportable.1sourceplus.com
http://manamac.1sourceplus.com
Game Server >> jadu.1sourceplus.org , jadu.1sourceplus.com

Dude
Novice
Novice

Post by Dude »

You'll have to pardon my curiosity, but I'd like to hear from some of the 21(at this moment) no votes. We've heard from two thus far and they're only problem was that they thought BC makes a better player than he would gm. Please enlighten us as to your reasoning...as I see it now, we have a bunch people in agreement that he is a good guy (just the kind I'd like to see as a gm)....
Dude - lvl 99
...and yes I know where my car is.....
Mr Anonymous
Novice
Novice

Post by Mr Anonymous »

Dude wrote: as I see it now, we have a bunch people in agreement that he is a good guy
being a gm isnt about being "a good guy". and some people vote no because they feel they dont have a good enough reason to vote yes. people shouldnt have to feel pressured to post their no votes if not wanting to. no matter whos poll it is there will be no votes and there will be yes votes. people just need to deal with that fact.

We are Anonymous.
we are legion.
Expect us.
JackDeth
Novice
Novice

Post by JackDeth »

Mr Anonymous wrote:
Dude wrote: as I see it now, we have a bunch people in agreement that he is a good guy
being a gm isnt about being "a good guy". and some people vote no because they feel they dont have a good enough reason to vote yes. people shouldnt have to feel pressured to post their no votes if not wanting to. no matter whos poll it is there will be no votes and there will be yes votes. people just need to deal with that fact.

That is true. But....it's still nice to hear their reasoning for voting 'no'. It would be enlightening to all and may help us figure out for future polls what people are really looking for in a GM.

Oh, and while it makes no difference to the GM position....he's still a good guy. Just wanted to throw that in there.....
:lol:
Somebody
Peon
Peon

Post by Somebody »

Big Crunch is one of the better players in this game. As many people have stated before me he is kind, intelligent, and a very active player. He is a good guy and a very sensible person.
I believe Big Crunch would make a great GM.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Crush wrote:To show the community your attitude towards this whole GM thing I would like to ask those who think that they would make good game masters to answer a few questions. I think that this will help the players to judge you more objectively during the current GM voting.

This is NOT an official request from the GHP. You don't have to fill this out to become a game master. Not posting your answers in this thread will not affect your chance to be chosen by the GHP as a game master.

1. What is the best way to help a new player who just started playing the game in your opinion (when you are not a game master but just a normal player)?
2. When you would have the ability to spawn items using a GM command, who would get what from you?
3. You are a GM, get online and immediately receive reports about these behaviors by different players about different players. Please order them by your priority in dealing with them:
-advertisement for other servers
-botting
-insults
-not speaking english in public
-scamming
-spamming

4. A player disagrees with your decisions and starts to insult you in public. How would you react?

Hey everyone. I wanted to post this in hopes of clarifying my position on the following subjects.

1. IMO the best way to help a new player is to first give them the basic usability rundown. Tell them how to whisper, what buttons attack, pickup, and target are, etc. This includes showing them how to get the trade ability, emotes, and monster points. I would then walk them around a bit and finance them a trip to hurns to show them where 'everyone' hangs out and sells their stuff. I would instruct them on the usage of Tradebot, storage, the bank and AuctionBot. Then i would leave them with the instructions to whisper me if they are stuck or need further help.

If it is someone that speaks a different language i would contact someone who speaks their language, whether it is Alons for spanish and some light portuguese, or Reid if its French. Otherwise i would do my best using Google Translator.

2. I dont think a GM should spawn items, ever. Its too easy to abuse that power, therefore i would totally ignore the possibility.

3. A. AFK Botting - this is a blatant breaking of the rules on all MMOs.
B. Insults - Its my belief that this game is a great place to go and have some good conversation, fun gaming, and an
overall positive experience. Insulting another player stops the insulted player from enjoying our game and is
therefore detrimental to the overall game.
C. Spamming - Same basic principle as insulting, but to a lesser degree.
D. Scamming - Scamming is technically not against the rules. I do think that responding to allegations of
scamming should be a high priority. Scamming is, again, detrimental to the overall game.
E. Advertising other Servers - Advertising another server isnt the worst thing that can be done, but it is a rule.
Therefore the offender gets 2 warnings then a ban for an agreed period of time.
F. English in public - This is broken down into 2 categories. Those that are monolingual and perhaps just didnt
read the rules and those that choose to ignore the rule. The first kind should get taken
aside and explained the rules. The second kind should get 2 warnings and a ban.

4. If someone disagrees with me on a decision then i bear them no ill will. If the person brings up a valid point, then i will
go to the more senior members of the GM team for a consultation. If the person is becoming a nuiscance to the players
around, then i will request they use whispers for further conversation on the matter. If the offender becomes insulting
or OVERLY vulgar then they get 2 warnings to bring the conversation to a civilized level or they get a ban, same as the
insulting rule.

I would like to thank everyone that has supported me in this nomination. If anyone has any questions or needs assistance, feel free to email me at bigcrunch.tmw@gmail.com . I created the email account specifically for The Mana World, so if you questions, comments or concerns, feel free to email me.

Thank you

Big Crunch
sexy red bearded GM