GM coverage survey

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.

I recently had problems finding a GM between

Poll ended at 01 Dec 2011, 13:30

0:00 and 3:00 GMT
4%
3:00 and 6:00 GMT
13%
6:00 and 9:00 GMT
17%
9:00 and 12:00 GMT
11%
12:00 and 15:00 GMT
15%
15:00 and 18:00 GMT
6%
18:00 and 21:00 GMT
4%
21:00 and 0:00 GMT
4%
I had no problems finding a GM when I needed one.
9%
I did not need a GM
17%

Total votes: 47
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: GM coverage survey

Post by Chicka-Maria »

mistergrey wrote:Honestly, that one line quoted from Chicka by Nard sums up my feelings about this topic. It doesn't really matter if there is a particular time frame that needs more coverage, because it is difficult enough to find anyone the majority of players will vote for and trust to be GM, without making that search area-specific. As well, where a person is from does not dictate what hours they spend online, which is another big factor.

I do think we should pay attention to candidates that fit those hours, but all the same, I will not vote for anyone just based off where they are from.
Agreed a great example is mrgrey, hes from canada but hes in the european time frame. I to am in the european time frame since i work until 3am in the morning. Doesn't matter where the persons from its the hour coverage thats important and the other things i mentioned in my last post.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Re: GM coverage survey

Post by Nard »

The result of the poll and my own experience show clearly that there is a hole in the 6-13 GMT interval despite your efforts, mrgrey. Mom's presence in this hole, even if frequent (no more than you though) is random. And it is normal. I can ensure you that bots know it too. Filling the holes is not the only problem, languages was another sometimes ago.
Now with the decrease of player number, these problems went less critical; the need of new GMs has become less critical too :?
Now to make it clear to anybody, if you had any doubt:
I never saw much interest in being a GM, I have may have accepted to help player community when Tia opened a poll about me. I have no more illusions of what I could do as a GM. Thus I do not want to be a game master.
Try to open a poll and I'll ask for it to be closed.
Derpella, Genesis, and some other european players or Sunako (later, if she still is in Hawai and knows game better) could make nice ones.
If you don't believe me try to play and speak with them a bit.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.