VOTE: Who should rule TMW player world, Platyna+GHP or TMWC

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.

Do you want to be ruled by:

1) Platyna and the GHP
36%
2) TMW Committee
58%
3) Cut the community in two, Platyna on .net & TMWC on .org
6%

Total votes: 36
Nard
Knight
Knight

Re: VOTE: Who should rule TMW player world, Platyna+GHP or T

Post by Nard »

I uderstand "poll" as "opinion poll": opinion poll (http://www.collinslanguage.com/english- ... -thesaurus)
  1. a canvassing of a representative sample of a large group of people on some question in order to determine the general opinion of the group
  2. the results or record of such a canvassing
It has little of the characteristics of elections or votes which are usulally considered fair or "democratic". And anyway, even if it's name (and wayof functioning?) has changed TMWC is in no way obliged to follow it. TMW is an opensource, open team development project, it belongs to nobody and the way it is managed depends solely on it's active members. The game is a (nice) consequence of the project but should be considered differently: it has to deal with privacy consideration (I mean real life privacy: (email, passwords...). This implies legal responsibilities which, in absence of any moral person in charge of them, should normally rely on the host. I don't think there was any reflection about this problem before.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

If you are an admin you don't need proxies to cheat. You can log in as other user w/o password. ;)

Regards.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Platyna wrote:If you are an admin you don't need proxies to cheat. You can log in as other user w/o password. ;)
:shock:
do you mean a forum admin can log-in into my account, read my mail and post under my name?
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Nard wrote:
Platyna wrote:If you are an admin you don't need proxies to cheat. You can log in as other user w/o password. ;)
do you mean a forum admin can log-in into my account, read my mail and post under my name?
AFAIR, yes (I am on the lecture, too lazy to check). It is used to test permissions. ;) But if you have access to db you can "vote" using some username eg. long time inactive users by MySQL query. ;)

Regars.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Nard wrote:do you mean a forum admin can log-in into my account, read my mail and post under my name?
There is an ACP option to view the board as another user. This is used to check whether someone has the right .

It is possible to change the owner of a post. This is used only when merging accounts, or when changing the ownership of an official post.

Of course, anything is *technically* possible of you have access to the DB - you did choose to send data to the programs running on the server. But why would we do something like that?
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Saphron
Newly Registered User

Post by Saphron »

nm, i decided to better not participate in the discussion.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Why not? Are you afraid of something?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Saphron, this thread was dead for over a month now. Please don't necromance it with a meaningless comment.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.