The Legend (at least an idea for one)

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.

What do you think?

Its baaaad
11%
Its OK
6%
It nice but needs work
44%
Its great: do it, do it now
39%

Total votes: 36
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Re: The Legend (at least an idea for one)

Post by Kage »

Tinkerbell wrote: One last thing... what if she has a timer... in the sense of... if the group doesnt kill her within a certain time frame... she runs away to fight another day :) this would make killing her an even better treat... just an idea. But of course.... not TOO short of a time, we dont wanna make her impossible to kill.
This is called a "rage timer" where the boss becomes unbeatable (or hard to beat) after a amount of time...

I had one on the Snake Lord script where after 5 minutes he would increase his tick damage every 5 seconds by a good amount, after about 30 seconds anyone left alive would surely be dead.

While I do like this idea... I think we should take another route then having supporting NPC scripts (like the SnakeLord had)... like maybe we can make it a mob skill? (Im not all that familiar with the inner works of eA)
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

Monsters can be any size, Lizandra.
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Lizandra »

I think we should have a giant beast that shaked the earth while moving!!! :lol:

"Perspective is everything"

Level 76!

Anonymous!!!
Novice
Novice

Post by Anonymous!!! »

Lizandra wrote:I think we should have a giant beast that shaked the earth while moving!!! :lol:
Well, to tell the truth in my server I created the creatures I call 'titans'.
They come in all shapes and sizes and act as rare and dangerous bosses.
Possibly the Snow scorp could be a titan?

Titans I designed are very large and hard to beat, some are smaller than others but are still very powerful.
I original designed a huge tree monster for a forest titan...
The tree titan had abilities like these:
High defense
High but slow attack.
It is slow but has good magic.
On an event I call 'doomsday' (:P) it is spawned in Hurnscald and rages war on the villagers, possibly it only spawns once and once it is destroyed the rarest forest drops emerge...
It spawns aggressive log heads called 'Forest Guards' around it, they have near equivalent stats to the log heads but are faster and a bit stronger...

Possibly Rudolph or Santa slimes would protect the scorp?

In my server instead of setting a long spawn rate I made a gm command especially to activate on the maps...
the command activates a function which spawns the titan on one map and if he gets to the end of it he is destroyed with no drops
and re spawned on the next map... but if the players kill him it restarts the function and he spawns back at the start.

That way the titans could travel where they please.

Maybe for the scorp have a special map where a 'summoning stone' of ice is placed.

There could be 'barriers' around the villages that break once a year (on the doomsday event in my server :P)
Maybe bring in a quest where you help set up a barrier in one of the villages.

Well, those are my thoughts, I hope you like them :)
-Nahem - My Characters in use are:
  • Nahem Image
  • Knetrin Image
  • Nullified Image
Are you up for a CHALLENGE? Yes!
Project Hurnscald
I'm currently attempting to develop an Event Arena and I'm looking for ideas!
daemonowner
Novice
Novice

Post by daemonowner »

i liked the idea of a snow scorp although the timer seems to be a bit too high
also, i would prefer if it was in a tunnell/cave that it did not resemble that of underneath hurnscald and that it was open to the sky, enabling lightning, rain of arrows and kaflosh.
and considering it is a Snow Scorpion, how about a stinger in that fashion for the quest

i quite like the idea as a whole and look forwards to fighting it one day :wink:
Daemonowner ~ consistent player of tmw
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Kage wrote:
Tinkerbell wrote: One last thing... what if she has a timer... in the sense of... if the group doesnt kill her within a certain time frame... she runs away to fight another day :) this would make killing her an even better treat... just an idea. But of course.... not TOO short of a time, we dont wanna make her impossible to kill.
This is called a "rage timer" where the boss becomes unbeatable (or hard to beat) after a amount of time...

I had one on the Snake Lord script where after 5 minutes he would increase his tick damage every 5 seconds by a good amount, after about 30 seconds anyone left alive would surely be dead.

While I do like this idea... I think we should take another route then having supporting NPC scripts (like the SnakeLord had)... like maybe we can make it a mob skill? (Im not all that familiar with the inner works of eA)
what if it could freeze players then run?
:?:
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Randalf
Peon
Peon

Post by Randalf »

hmm, the main deal of this monster (on the "strategical" part I mean) is to -require at least 3 people- and be still challenging. now, if you think of doing something like that with a high damage monster, you must be sure the damage is dealt: ie a mage or archor should never get in range of its target, even less if the target is something like a boss- THUS working on increasing damage will only affect warriors types right?- unless you make the target somewhat like jackO, too fast to be shot from far, but this way ranged attacks become pretty useless-

I think the first thing to do is to make sure the scorpion CAN'T be damaged by less than 3 people like for the defense and evade that gets lowered from many attackers, say with less than 3 simultaneous attackers the monster is immune to the attacks, now, of course one could "evade" this precaution with summoned beasts, so this is my idea:

-1 boss monster immune until 3 attackers attack at a time and some quite threatening monsters that work like rudolph silmes for santa silme- something the power of spiders AND some other monster that attack at sight -still like snakes and black scorpions
this way mages or archers can't just run away after hitting the monster. also the monster and its "guards" continue to chase the first one to hit (like for the other non-aggressive monsters) this way he or she will have to take quite some damage, and eventually hide to be healed properly, while the other monsters won't let the other companions to rest easy as well- and of course, if the one acting as bait runs someone else will have to replace him/her. this way it should be pretty easy for the developers (too easy should I say?)

I think the running monster idea isn't bad in itself, but to make an ai that runs away while fighting doesn't seem so easy to me - I mean for a human it's quite clear how to get out of the place crowded of enemies although sometimes it may be quite challenging to pass in the holes without getting hit :P but this is an ai, furthermore our "poor monster" (XD) will have to deal with ranged weapons as well. I think it'd be easier to make it a many-times kill, I mean, like when the monster is killed it runs to the next door and then the next getting more and more angry until the last stage (say, like 5 stages) but this seems quite difficult too... do you think it can be made like the demon mask quest? once you kill the monster you can pass the barrier that leads to the next stage (but you have to make sure everybody taking part in the hunt can pass...)
daemonowner
Novice
Novice

Post by daemonowner »

perhaps a big white scorpion with red-evil eyes for the image... just a thought..
...and how about it being able to poison much easier, that is what makes the jackO much easier to beat, the lack of poison.

something else, the jackO is annoying because of its evade, how about the SS having low evade but much higher luck.. maybe 80-90 to stop it lucky hitting you?

and also yorp's idea of a random respawn timer would make things much more interestiong imo.. i would like something other than a static one for once :)
Daemonowner ~ consistent player of tmw