Whispers of Avalon

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Len
Knight
Knight

Re: Whispers of Avalon

Post by Len »

Desert_1.png
Desert_1.png (55.6 KiB) Viewed 3902 times
example.png
example.png (204.74 KiB) Viewed 3899 times
Pixel Battalion
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi,
Len wrote:Can: Class specific equipment
Crush wrote:Currently there are no equipment prerequisites at all, but it wouldn't be hard to add this.
I'm currently in the 3/4 of fixing the equipment code for Manaserv. So, a little question on how I should achieve this:

Currently, a script can be triggered when equipping/unequipping an item. The return state of that script has no effect on equipping,
but I could take it into account, just like if the script execution returns false, the equip action aborts.
The drawback I see to such a way is that the maintainer should have an extra care about not applying any effects before making sure all the prerequisites are reached in his/her equip script.
But apart from that, it seems viable to me.

What do you think?

Best regards,
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Bertram wrote:Currently, a script can be triggered when equipping/unequipping an item. The return state of that script has no effect on equipping,
but I could take it into account, just like if the script execution returns false, the equip action aborts.
The drawback I see to such a way is that the maintainer should have an extra care about not applying any effects before making sure all the prerequisites are reached in his/her equip script.
But apart from that, it seems viable to me.

What do you think?
Sounds like a great idea to me. When you are already on it, a similar feature for unequipping could also be added so that certain equipment can not be removed under certain conditions (like cursed items).
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

@Len: This tileset is awesome, however I would give you some personal ideas and comments to improve it.
1) I think the shadows of the trees still need imrpovement, they do look good but they are too grey, they overlap a bit everything, just take a tree and behind it, add a wall, you'll see what I'm talking about.
2) I think that the water/pond could be improved in many ways... maybe add some moving little waves or a floating bath duck (lol).
3) I think that the big cactus also needs a shadow.
4) Imho, all the tilesets lack fourniture, in overall. I would really like to see a tileset that includes your work, which is the water, the grass, the ground, the flowers, the skulls, the cactus, the trees, etc... on the same tileset, with a transparent backround so that we can test it on our local server.

Thanks a lot for that awesome job Len, keep it up.

Best regards,
Ali-G
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

@Crush:

(Sorry for crossing discussions, Len.)
Sounds like a great idea to me. When you are already on it, a similar feature for unequipping could also be added so that certain equipment can not be removed under certain conditions (like cursed items)
It would have been my second question. :) Ok, I'll got that way.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Ali-G wrote:@Len: This tileset is awesome, however I would give you some personal ideas and comments to improve it.
1) I think the shadows of the trees still need imrpovement, they do look good but they are too grey, they overlap a bit everything, just take a tree and behind it, add a wall, you'll see what I'm talking about.
2) I think that the water/pond could be improved in many ways... maybe add some moving little waves or a floating bath duck (lol).
4) Imho, all the tilesets lack fourniture, in overall. I would really like to see a tileset that includes your work, which is the water, the grass, the ground, the flowers, the skulls, the cactus, the trees, etc... on the same tileset, with a transparent backround so that we can test it on our local server.

Best regards,
Ali-G
I disagree his tiles are beautifully flawless, :p. Skull is a bit shiny though lol. but omg o_o skull *Drules a little*
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Ali-G wrote:@Len: This tileset is awesome, however I would give you some personal ideas and comments to improve it.

Best regards,
Ali-G
1: I'll play around with it

2: Actually the set does have moving water (not sure if I would use it on a pond, its really more for rivers).
Still a could have small ripples appear every now and then like a small bug just fell into a still pond.

3: Its from TMW so its temporary

4: I didn't make the cacti I think Neoriceisgod or VxD did (I need to find out and make a tag). Wouldn't one set be a little much to work with?
grasslandv6_0_1.png
grasslandv6_0_1.png (199.22 KiB) Viewed 3794 times
Attachments
treesv6_0-1.png
treesv6_0-1.png (37.18 KiB) Viewed 3801 times
Desert_1.png
Desert_1.png (93.9 KiB) Viewed 3801 times
Last edited by Len on 03 Aug 2011, 05:21, edited 3 times in total.
Pixel Battalion
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

graphics-tiles-waterflow.png
graphics-tiles-waterflow.png (69.62 KiB) Viewed 3829 times
TMW_Town.png
TMW_Town.png (88.76 KiB) Viewed 3829 times
Here's a combined set if you really need it Image
Pixel Battalion
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

building.png
building.png (54.84 KiB) Viewed 3766 times

I've been attempting to create a building from old assets, but it looks like I'm going to need to stop dicking around and just make it from scratch (I've felt to so drained as of late). :?
Pixel Battalion
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Here's a cobblestone path (still needs some work)
pathtest.png
pathtest.png (41.09 KiB) Viewed 3590 times
me messing around with some ideas
path and side walk.png
path and side walk.png (65.25 KiB) Viewed 3581 times
Attachments
messing around111.png
messing around111.png (14.34 KiB) Viewed 3590 times
Pixel Battalion
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Imho, the only thing that really needs work is the wolf :P
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

building.png
building.png (28.28 KiB) Viewed 3518 times
more messing around with different path ideas
Pixel Battalion
Sookill
Peon
Peon

Post by Sookill »

Did woa forum go down? I had some wip files there, I reinstalled windows without backing up those files, does that mean their lost?
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Sookill wrote:Did woa forum go down? I had some wip files there, I reinstalled windows without backing up those files, does that mean their lost?
:? Yes, sadly I also lost some work in progress files when the forum went down due to inactivity.
Pixel Battalion
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Len wrote:
Sookill wrote:Did woa forum go down? I had some wip files there, I reinstalled windows without backing up those files, does that mean their lost?
:? Yes, sadly I also lost some work in progress files when the forum went down due to inactivity.
Use trello or dropbox.