[PASS] Prsm

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you agree for Prsm to become a GM?

Yes.
86%
No.
14%

Total votes: 70
ShadowWolf
Newly Registered User

Re: Prsm

Post by ShadowWolf »

I had prsm help me out yesterday with the angela's daughter quest. He was very helpful, and extremely friendly. I was able to complete the quest with his help, and I still stand by my statement above, and vote in favour of prsm becoming a GM.

ShadowWolf
Alons
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alons »

Glad to see this name again being nominated, and even more glad to see Prsm would accept the position.

I have talked several times with Prsm in the past. Due to his experience in game has always been helpful. Online during long hours, respectful, honest on his positions and always able to discuss about any matter, but with a great grasp of common sense.

I think I'm not saying anything we didn't know before. Prsm, you got my yes vote too.
And remember: you play a game to have fun!
Alons, GM of TMW.
Axalix
Novice
Novice

Post by Axalix »

Sorry, but "NO".
Nothing against prsm, but I don't see any sense in attraction more GMs, which can't stay online in a period of 7AM - 1PM (server time). This is when no GMs can be found in game.
There are already 3 GMs, who does all the work quite well right when prsm can be ON.
I am pretty sure new GMs should cover Europe | France / Germany / Russia daylight time.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

I agree with axalix, prsm is connected while GMs are on, instead of being connected when they are not. Someone from France / Spain / Germany / Poland would do better I think.
In addition, prsm isn't enough active to be a good GM IMHO.

Regards,
Ali-G
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

I'll have to disagree with both of you, prsm Is on most of the time and I've seen him online when GM's are not present. either way he would be covering the server greatly, infact a few of the GM's dont even come on often anymore.

Regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Axalix
Novice
Novice

Post by Axalix »

Chicka-Maria wrote:infact a few of the GM's dont even come on often anymore
1. It is not true: http://server.themanaworld.org/gm/gm.log.2011-03
2. evidently, prsm cannot be online when it is 1am - 6am in Canada, it is an objective reason.
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

Hello Doctor and Napalm :)

thanks for giving your opion which i respect but even if i can accept any kind of opinion i think there is a lack of information and vision on Prsm (and his alts) presence in game so as the GM actual cover.

Axalix:

you are wrong, it is already several weeks there is a lack in cover in terms of times where you are saying 3 GM's are on.
Please don't look at the time zone where gm live but consider the hours in which they connect.

Having Prsm in the GM team will give a stability we do not have actually

Ali:

i don't think you really know Prsm and his alts so what you are saying is completely nonsens
he is certainely one of the players acting most in game:
Prsm which is level 99 is just resting in town, having talks and helping
one of his alts is fighting, talking with people and always helping.

Ali are you trying to be a gm now ? (JOKE) if so you are going the wrong way nothing to add and i won't reply or enter any polemic you are ambitious everyone knowes it :) (JOKE AGAIN)

i would like to finish by adding that GM have also professonal and personal issues.
Prsm presence in game will allow everyone to be at their best in both professional, personnal and tmw lives.

We are voting for Prsm to be part of the GM team or not
that means does he has the capability, skills and competence to be a GM
THIS IS WHAT YOUR VOTE HAS TO BE FOR IN TERM OF REFLEXION
we are not talking of cover or whatever
Crush and GHP (Group Holding the Power - GMs and developers) will decide of this
please read the rules of a topic before posting

Sincerely

ps

you have the possibility to change your vote and revote if you want to vote on the real topic which is:

Do you agree for person X to become a GM?

if you want to open a reflexion in a new topic about the GM cover do it that will be a good idea and i'll thank you for that

things said go revoting friends ;)
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
whynotdad2
Peon
Peon

Post by whynotdad2 »

Jumpy wrote:Hello Doctor and Napalm :)

thanks for giving your opion which i respect but even if i can accept any kind of opinion i think there is a lack of information and vision on Prsm (and his alts) presence in game so as the GM actual cover.

Axalix:

you are wrong, it is already several weeks there is a lack in cover in terms of times where you are saying 3 GM's are on.
Please don't look at the time zone where gm live but consider the hours in which they connect.

Having Prsm in the GM team will give a stability we do not have actually
how are you so smart that you know all the GM alts and when they are one line? I have talked to several GMs here that were not shown online. The tend to do that when looking for those breaking the rules.,
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

As second thought, I voted "yes" for Prsm. Indeed, I maybe don't know Prsm as well as you guys.
@Jumpy: I don't think I have the maturity to become a GM.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

whynotdad2 wrote:how are you so smart that you know all the GM alts and when they are one line? I have talked to several GMs here that were not shown online. The tend to do that when looking for those breaking the rules.,
Acctually alot of them use alts to play the game with alts to collect items and do quests, i have talked to some of them and their alts are either harvesting or doing quests, not looking for people breaking the rules.

Regards,
Yubaba
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Ali-G wrote:As second thought, I voted "yes" for Prsm. Indeed, I maybe don't know Prsm as well as you guys.
@Jumpy: I don't think I have the maturity to become a GM.
If you talk to prsm im sure you will find hes a very mature decent player. he has been here for years and is a well known player. also is polite so im sure he wouldnt mind letting you get to know him and letting TMW community get to know him.

Regards,
Yubaba
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

hello Whynotdad

always a pleasure to reed you

i know some of the alts of the GM and what i know is that they also have the right to play as players do without the cap on their heads or always on their minds

so have fun GM !
play the game ;)

when i see them with their alts i often just do a smiley :) and pass my way so that they have fun and sometimes i talk with them when they are with their alts

when i am talking about gm cover that means : if anyone needs a GM, and does a @wgm, will he have an answer if they play with an alt ? idk
but how many time do i see players saying... "no gm online"...
just having a look on the online list i see one or 2 or 3 alt (more even sometime :) )

so in no way i was saying they don't do there task...
as i have always said about this team: it is a GREAT TEAM and they are all doing great!
and Prsm will go great too besides them

so don't mistake ;)... thanks for the oportunity to make my words and thoughts clearer to everyone

Sincerely

Jumpy
DBMP - BMS - HFDI

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

Ali, dear Ali

i know ;) no worry i wrote twice (JOKE)

see you in game to share good times ;)

Sincerely
DBMP - BMS - HFDI

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
whynotdad2
Peon
Peon

Post by whynotdad2 »

Chicka-Maria wrote:
Acctually alot of them use alts to play the game with alts to collect items and do quests, i have talked to some of them and their alts are either harvesting or doing quests, not looking for people breaking the rules.

Regards,
Thanks for telling me! Up till now i had thought the GMs would still respond to any wrong they say, even in alts. You have really made me see the light on their behavior!
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

whynotdad2 wrote:Thanks for telling me! Up till now i had thought the GMs would still respond to any wrong they say, even in alts. You have really made me see the light on their behavior!
Just because their GM's on their main characters it doesnt mean they shouldnt be able to enjoy the game as well, we cant expect them to be on patrol 24/7. They should be able to Play the game without you thinking wrong of them. and cut the sarcasm its not needed.

Regards,
Yubaba