Dam1s for GM

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you think Dam1s would make a good GM?

Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes: 30
supermanfan
Peon
Peon

Dam1s for GM

Post by supermanfan »

he has helped out a lot of people, shown some people around. he helped me out when i joined a while ago and since then i've gotten to know the guy.
Krist
Novice
Novice

Re: Dam1s for GM

Post by Krist »

Uhh sorry but I voted no. Dam1s is only lvl 30 and is just returning after 8-10 months or somthing...

Helping people and showing them around is just what we do around here, not automatic quality for being a GM.

Overall I don't think he has enough experience and what you said isn't telling us much about him. :)

Regards.
I used to have Dark Talisman...then I turned level 6.

Official Server (Krist 82 or Krist's Slave Boy 52 or Krist's Squire 47)
Mon serveur préféré est tmw.ufbteam.com :D (My preferred server is the UFB Server)
supermanfan
Peon
Peon

Post by supermanfan »

yeah hes making a return after 8-10 months sure. but he was talking to me about how he originally started playing in 2006. so in my defense, that's quite experienced? and what should i say about him? ;/
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

:oops:
Last edited by Reid on 01 Jun 2010, 22:24, edited 1 time in total.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
swimmy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by swimmy »

Hm, no,
As I see his behaviour on the forum, he sometimes reply to the topic even if it's not required.
And I know him before he had gone, nothing in him was changed.
Also, I think the time that he played for can't be the issue. Of course, the person who is only played a day or a week can't be a GM though.
There are many GMs that played even shorter than me. :P
who was...
Armadeus
Knight
Knight

Post by Armadeus »

swimmy wrote:Hm, no,
As I see his behaviour on the forum, he sometimes reply to the topic even if it's not required.
And I know him before he had gone, nothing in him was changed.
Also, I think the time that he played for can't be the issue. Of course, the person who is only played a day or a week can't be a GM though.
There are many GMs that played even shorter than me. :P
As I was reading back through my old posts, I have noticed you quoted me and said "Crusher", my guess is you're a member of TFG?

My behavior on the forum isn't nothing to worry about, The forum's out of mind when being a GM, anyway, I have only posted in about two topics when not needed, but it was to state something, or to ask a specific question.

I'm still confused on the topic of "Nothing in him was changed" are you referring to the fact that I'm back and nothing has changed since I have left? Yes, a lot has changed. Not going to go through explaining that, it's unneeded for this topic.

There was no need for stating the fact that there are GMs that have played the game shorter than you, we all know there are GMs who haven't played all that long, but they're still worthy of their position. The reason they got it is because of what they have done in game, and throughout the forums.

You see, they perform specific duties that got them their job, it's not only the fact that people have voted for them, but the fact that they deserved it. Every current GM has done something for the server before they even became GM.

Anyway, thanks to those who vote for me, thanks to those who don't. I would love to have a GM job to perform duties. I do have the required time (even if no time is required, I still have the time to perform specific GM duties)

Thank you for reading this,

Dam1s.
Vesta
Peon
Peon

Post by Vesta »

I voted no, do i honestly have to say why?
Sincerely,
Vesta
Vesta
Peon
Peon

Post by Vesta »

supermanfan wrote:he has helped out a lot of people, shown some people around. he helped me out when i joined a while ago and since then i've gotten to know the guy.
theres more to being a gm then helping people, if every person that helped someone became gm there would be no normal players left. it takes responsibility to.
Sincerely,
Vesta
Armadeus
Knight
Knight

Post by Armadeus »

Rule 18.

18. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark_Mag »

In my mind yes... Why I don't know, maybe only because of I always say yes... :!: