Bug: Unknown error while decompressing map data

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
User avatar
Pajarico
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:29 pm
Contact:

Post by Pajarico » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:26 pm

What version? That source was the same which the ebuild fetches? or was tarball created after fechting it?
The ebuild takes the source from a mirror and should be exactly the same stored in our server, some patching may occur but is always done locally after downloading the tarball. So if the source is not the same is a problem, a bug, and should be notified to Gentoo as that.
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
User avatar
Platyna
Knight
Knight
Posts: 2213
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:19 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Post by Platyna » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:48 pm

Well, yesterday on IRC came a user who had braces problem, which had been fixed in 0.0.18.1. I asked him to give me ebuild files and main.cpp differs. So there must be something not ok with the ebuild.

Regards.
Zuzanna K. Filutowska
[The rest of this signature was censored by TMWC's "Freedom" and "Free speech".]
flamma
Peon
Peon
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:23 am

Post by flamma » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:04 pm

Have anyone reported this problem to Gentoo Games?
User avatar
Pajarico
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:29 pm
Contact:

Post by Pajarico » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:50 pm

Platyna, just checked that portage had the right digest for 0.18.1 (digest is a md5 check stored in a file, when some package is downloaded it compares both). And it's correct. I think whoever give you that screwed it.
Lv.: Maggot
Please, read the FAQ before posting.
zbyte64
Peon
Peon
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:33 am

Post by zbyte64 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:02 am

as i mentioned earlier, i tried building fromCVS, and still no go.

SO IT IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH THE GENTOO EBUILD!

sorry, just want to get that point accross. Granted there could be a problem with the ebuild, but it would not explain the problem many of us are experiencing
gaudeon
Peon
Peon
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:01 am

Post by gaudeon » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:24 am

Not sure if any of what I am about to post will help but...

The error:

Error: Unknown error while decompressing map data!

is a result of a failed call to the zlib library function inflate.

I recieved this error for the longest time tonight while trying to do the install from source. For the record I'm not using Gentoo, I'm using RH9 because I'm a masochist... and that is also why I don't know if my information will help but I hope so.

For me to fix the error I removed the .h and .a/.so files from /usr/include and /usr/lib respectively to make it as clean as possible. Then I compiled the latest zlib version from source (version 1.2.3).

Example Command Sequence I used:
> rm /usr/include/zlib.h
> rm /usr/lib/libz.*
> cd /usr/src/zlib-1.2.3/
> ./configure --shared --prefix=/usr
> make
> make install

Afterwards tmw loaded right up.
Post Reply