reaper

Content and general development discussion, including maps, quests, and server code from the development team.
MoneyX
Novice
Novice
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: reaper

Post by MoneyX » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:23 am

Shouldn't the rest of it be moving as well? At least some.
User avatar
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 3154
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:48 pm
Location: Espoo, Finland

Re: reaper

Post by Rotonen » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:34 am

I'll chime in once someone makes a movement float concept (a direct float would be boring, it should also weave and bob a bit).
This message used to be meaningful.
User avatar
meway
Knight
Knight
Posts: 1736
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:02 am
Location: Detroit MI
Contact:

Re: reaper

Post by meway » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:10 am

I think a weaving and bobbing effect would make him look less dangerous, although doing this for him while he sits still might be nice, when he moves he would look more deadly if he went after you at a nice precise hover.
User avatar
skipy
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 781
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:06 pm

Re: reaper

Post by skipy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:28 pm

Rotonen wrote:I'll chime in once someone makes a movement float concept (a direct float would be boring, it should also weave and bob a bit).
meway wrote:I think a weaving and bobbing effect would make him look less dangerous, although doing this for him while he sits still might be nice, when he moves he would look more deadly if he went after you at a nice precise hover.
the way i was thinking on it moves would be slow vary slow ,or not at all as a door blocker thats there until its killed(blocking a door is the first idea on how it moves..)

so should it move around or stay put..?? :?: :mrgreen: :twisted:
Attachments
,,,,reeper-part sideframe 5.gif
,,,,reeper-part sideframe 5.gif (34.91 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
Last edited by skipy on Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.


"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
User avatar
meway
Knight
Knight
Posts: 1736
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:02 am
Location: Detroit MI
Contact:

Re: reaper

Post by meway » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:56 pm

i like the one you made for us there :D looking awesome.
Ceros
Novice
Novice
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: reaper

Post by Ceros » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:39 pm

skipy wrote:
Rotonen wrote:I'll chime in once someone makes a movement float concept (a direct float would be boring, it should also weave and bob a bit).
meway wrote:I think a weaving and bobbing effect would make him look less dangerous, although doing this for him while he sits still might be nice, when he moves he would look more deadly if he went after you at a nice precise hover.
the way i was thinking on it moves would be slow vary slow ,or not at all as a door blocker thats there until its killed(blocking a door is the first idea on how it moves..)

so should it move around or stay put..?? :?: :mrgreen: :twisted:
If you're going to have the side movement frame like that, lightning shooting from his finger tips would be awesome.
Image
User avatar
skipy
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 781
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:06 pm

Re: reaper

Post by skipy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:03 am

Spit23 wrote:Here's a quick tutorial how I did that:

First I took the original image and copied the lightnings into another layer and recolered them like this:
Image
Then I used the gaussian blur filter in GIMP with a value of 10px (horizontal and vertikal). Now the layer should look like this:
Image
Then I copied the original lightning layer into another layer and recolered it like this:
Image
By putting all together in the right order it should look like this:
Image

That's it. Very simple and quick to do. If you still have questions just ask me.

And don't wonder when it looks strange if you save it as an animated gif. Gif can define pixels only totally transparent or totally opaque, not both like png can do.
im still lost on how to do it ...i go to "gaussian" and its grayed out and i cant clik on it ..maybe ill get it..probably missed some thing silly..i dont know :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.


"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
User avatar
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 8046
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:08 pm
Location: Germany

Re: reaper

Post by Crush » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:12 pm

Are you maybe working in indexed color palette mode? A lot of features in gimp are unavailable unless you are working in RGB mode.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.


You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
User avatar
AxlTrozz
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 843
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Now from TX

Re: reaper

Post by AxlTrozz » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Spit23 wrote:Here's a quick tutorial how I did that:

First I took the original image and copied the lightnings into another layer and recolered them like this:
Image
Then I used the gaussian blur filter in GIMP with a value of 10px (horizontal and vertikal). Now the layer should look like this:
Image
Then I copied the original lightning layer into another layer and recolered it like this:
Image
By putting all together in the right order it should look like this:
Image

That's it. Very simple and quick to do. If you still have questions just ask me.

And don't wonder when it looks strange if you save it as an animated gif. Gif can define pixels only totally transparent or totally opaque, not both like png can do.

Spit, Why don't you provide the xcf file to Skipy so he can see and learn how to do it
User avatar
Spit23
Novice
Novice
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:07 am
Location: Germany

Re: reaper

Post by Spit23 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:00 pm

AxlTrozz wrote:Spit, Why don't you provide the xcf file to Skipy so he can see and learn how to do it
That's a damn good point!
Attachments
lightnings.xcf.zip
(18.16 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
User avatar
skipy
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 781
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:06 pm

Re: reaper

Post by skipy » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:18 am

Crush wrote:Are you maybe working in indexed color palette mode? A lot of features in gimp are unavailable unless you are working in RGB mode.
thank you Crush-thats what the problem was .. :oops: :mrgreen: :oops:
now i know!
and thank you Spit23 and AxlTrozz ...this is vary helpful (better then a how to)...i need to with it before i know what im doing, but have it up and working :wink:
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.


"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
User avatar
bcs86
Novice
Novice
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:14 pm
Contact:

Re: reaper

Post by bcs86 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:30 pm

Though this Reaper was not finished before Halloween 2009 that's no reason to forget it so I'm bumping this.

I'd also like to request that the sum of it's current status be posted as a project file or a PNG so others would be able to easily take up where it was left off.
jojje101
Peon
Peon
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:22 pm

Re: reaper

Post by jojje101 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:16 pm

c'mon and work on it!The beginning really looks mighty good!
yo, its me the newbie helper from HMC;)
User avatar
skipy
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 781
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:06 pm

Re: reaper

Post by skipy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:54 pm

jojje101 wrote:c'mon and work on it!The beginning really looks mighty good!
i seem to have fell off the earth for a bit


if i can get to the png files on it ..ill post them...any and all feel free to work with whats there


i say sorry to all that maybe thinking "where did skipy go?"
i will be back to the game ...but probly not soon ...work and life


good luck to all
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.


"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
User avatar
skipy
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 781
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:06 pm

Re: reaper

Post by skipy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:09 am

heres more done...i hope to do more soon..


-skipy
Attachments
monster-reeper-partback-working.png
monster-reeper-partback-working.png (10.8 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.


"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Post Reply