Billr [Does not wish to be GM]

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

should be Billr the new GM?

yes
50%
no
50%

Total votes: 58
Tengu

Billr [Does not wish to be GM]

Post by Tengu »

It's a great person, has a spirit of leadership and fellowship. Certainly it would be a good GM.
Billr
Peon
Peon

Re: Poll: Billr

Post by Billr »

I'm honored that Tengu nominated me. I promise to give an aqua ornament to everyone that votes for me. I have 4. ;-)

Kidding! :-)

Truthfully, it's what we need in the game that's more important, not who we are. While we all have our opinions about where we want TMW to be, there are certain truths which have become evident. Just as in IRC where there are channel moderators to help focus the community, so too have our most notable GM's help guide this world in times past. Even with Platyna is the ultimate GM - the head honcho of GM'hood, there still needs to be guidance, protection, and freedom within the game.

I can't claim that I want to be GM, but I also can't claim to be so separated from it that I give up on it. If I am ever GM, now or in the future, it would be because you want me to be and because I would not shirk my responsibility to you.

A great man, George Washington - the first president of the United States - did not see himself as a king even though he had the power to make himself that way. Instead, when asked what title he wanted for himself, he didn't accept the ones that implied kingship, he chose simply The President. It's a humble job, sometimes a thankless job, it's service to the mana world community to be a GM.

If I'm called to be one, then I would humbly carry out the duties without showing favor, without abuse of power, with only the good for the community guiding my thoughts and actions.

Billr
Speiros01
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros01 »

xxxx
Last edited by Speiros01 on 14 Apr 2010, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
A.K.A "_speiros_", by a mistake I made...lol
Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark_Mag »

Exactly Billr should become a GM. He's very kind and never abused. Also he had never been banned and never abused. I agree with everybody who's for yes!

[Be happy don't worry]
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

here again, as Dark_Mag wants to see reasons for "no".
has a spirit of leadership and fellowship
What has that to do with being a GM?
needs to be guidance, protection
How can you, as a GM guide or protect someone?
I can't claim that I want to be GM
For me this is the sign to vote "no"
If I'm called to be one, then I would humbly carry out the duties without showing favor, without abuse of power, with only the good for the community guiding my thoughts and actions.
Actually this really sounds very nice, but as you can't claim that you want to be a GM I still voted "no"

Also here, to make it clear. I have nothing against Billr. I like him but for me he is not a GM.
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
Tengu

Post by Tengu »

Leela wrote:here again, as Dark_Mag wants to see reasons for "no".
has a spirit of leadership and fellowship
What has that to do with being a GM?
needs to be guidance, protection
How can you, as a GM guide or protect someone?
I can't claim that I want to be GM
For me this is the sign to vote "no"
Actually this really sounds very nice, but as you can't claim that you want to be a GM I still voted "no"

Also here, to make it clear. I have nothing against Billr. I like him but for me he is not a GM.

I agree with you Leela. To Have or don't have leadership spirit and fellowship, don't make anyone GM. The same is for "protection", one time that we have two arms and two legs for defend ourselves.
But i did this poll long time ago :oops:
Tengu

Post by Tengu »

However, i still belive that Billr is not the "best" option (one time that we have also very good players), but is a "very good" option for became GM.

Well, i would like vote in MrWho, but he is drinking beer (see photo) and i guess that a drunked GM is very dangerous, one time that can hit the head in the keyboard and spawn 100 Jack O for kill everybody in the Hurnscald. :wink:

Regards, Tengu.
Alons
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alons »

If he REALLY wants to be a GM, I vote yes for him. As Leela said, being a GM is not about leadership. But it is about fairness, and I think Billr can handle that. Anyway, this is only a part of becoming a GM, the other part is the trial month, and THERE is when you prove yourself to be a good GM.

Hope they give you that chance, Billr.
And remember: you play a game to have fun!
Alons, GM of TMW.
Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark_Mag »

Alons wrote:If he REALLY wants to be a GM, I vote yes for him. As Leela said, being a GM is not about leadership. But it is about fairness, and I think Billr can handle that. Anyway, this is only a part of becoming a GM, the other part is the trial month, and THERE is when you prove yourself to be a good GM.

Hope they give you that chance, Billr.
What means "IF HE REALLY WANTS TO BE A GM, I VOTE YES FOR HIM"? It's wrong phrase, so I want you to edit it... How can you undesrtand, if he is or not?

(OoO)
Alons
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alons »

haha you are right, I should have said: as he wants to be a GM, I will vote for him. (even though he doesnt claims it).

Thanks for the correction.

Regards.
And remember: you play a game to have fun!
Alons, GM of TMW.
Billr
Peon
Peon

Post by Billr »

When I made my first post a long time ago, I had no clue what GM's did. Then I was able to practice GM powers on meway's server and helped defend that server against a rogue GMs. That was fun and I'm sure it's very much like what I would need to do on TMW. I'm sure I'm capable of it but now I have a lot of real life work to do and can't dedicate time to the game.

So .. thanks for the good words, guys! :-)

I just don't have time to be GM right now ...

Bill
noelleionscowl
Novice
Novice

Post by noelleionscowl »

Billr, you'll know me. You would make a wonderful GM, provided you don't use your new, prodigious power and influence to help the players in whatever (e.g. helping me heal the mouboo), and instead focus your energy on making sure the guidelines are followed to the letter.

NiS
</noelleis>
Noelle IonScowl
"Aah! Stop hurting me! It hurts!"
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Billr wrote:When I made my first post a long time ago, I had no clue what GM's did. Then I was able to practice GM powers on meway's server and helped defend that server against a rogue GMs. That was fun and I'm sure it's very much like what I would need to do on TMW.
Being a GM on a server like the one of Meway where everyone gets GM powers and can do almost anything they want is a lot different from being a GM on a server like TMW where the GM team consists of hand-picked people and GMs have strict guidelines what they must and mustn't do.
I just don't have time to be GM right now ...
Then I will close this topic.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.