"Player follow" will get you banned

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: "Player follow" will get you banned

Post by o11c »

yourmistakes wrote:i'm just waiting for darkwater to show up and claim credit for saving tmw from the stack bots
Who?
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Frost wrote:
Chicka-Maria wrote:me and someone else worked on the love triangle quest for weeks
I know some developers who worked on it far longer. The storyline and dialogue are amazing. :)
Chicka-Maria wrote:people make rules yet they dont even play the game
They do play, but usually on alts. Yes, other people have alts too.
Chicka-Maria wrote:affects more then 50% of the population of tmw.
Did you actually ask yourself the same questions more than 100 times? Did you always get the same answers?
never said it wasnt amazing :P just the drop rate is crap i said. nobody wants to spend 8 hours a day for a week to get 30 tears for 1 quest.

lots of people have alts, but how do you know GHP has them? and playing actively in game?

asking myself something has nothing to do with what im saying here about the rule.

Regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Chicka-Maria wrote:never said it wasnt amazing :P just the drop rate is crap i said. nobody wants to spend 8 hours a day for a week to get 30 tears for 1 quest.
Yes, the drop rate is somewhat annoyingly low. But what are the alternatives? If the drop rate is increased, people will complete the quest quickly and then complain that there are no (more) quests for high level characters.
Chicka-Maria wrote:lots of people have alts, but how do you know GHP has them? and playing actively in game?
It is well known that GMs have alts; some of them are known, some unknown. And I play only under my own name (and a couple of well-admitted joke names that went a bit farther than I expected - ". ." and ":.:."). I haven't stalked the other "developer" members of the GHP, but I know I'm not the only one who plays regularly.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

o11c wrote:
Chicka-Maria wrote:lots of people have alts, but how do you know GHP has them? and playing actively in game?
It is well known that GMs have alts; some of them are known, some unknown. And I play only under my own name (and a couple of well-admitted joke names that went a bit farther than I expected - ". ." and ":.:."). I haven't stalked the other "developer" members of the GHP, but I know I'm not the only one who plays regularly.
im talking about the higher beings then GM's and DEV's on the GHP that officially set the rules.
Yubaba
altbdoor
Peon
Peon

Post by altbdoor »

i may not be in much of a position as to speak, but from what i can read, players are utilizing "follow" feature to level and get items. and some say that levelling and getting certain drop items in this game is boring. fact is, that's how games are. the shitty drop rate is what drives people to keep going. heck i've gone for days hunting silk cocoons and bottles of water. yes, i am frustrated. got 99, and need one more. killed one herd of them in a day only to found none. never mind. i'll try again tomorrow. forgive me, but where's the gameplay spirit guys?!

levelling is hard? i'd say its easy. few players i know say that too. is there joy if you just used a bot to level? i don't know about you, but i don't. achieving something that you didn't work for. achievement? nope.

isn't it obvious that if drop rates are high, items will be in abundance? values for items will drop. players get this and that easily. perhaps maybe even weapons or quest items. i made friends to get my 9 black scorpions, 100 silk cocoons, 3 medium healing potions and so much more (tip: yes i'm a noob). when i achieved a quest or got a rare item drop by myself and the help of other humans, i am satisfied. a sense of achievement. i thank my friends. i congratulate myself. all the hunting make my game time worth it and enjoyable.

ladies and gentlemen, this is the mmorpg experience (imo). hunting for hours for an item drop. killing maggots for hours for experience and level. why them bots in the first place?

apologies if i've offended anyone. just saying my own opinion... :|
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Chicka-Maria wrote:
o11c wrote:
im talking about the higher beings then GM's and DEV's on the GHP that officially set the rules.
the ghp is comprised of GMs and devs. It also includes Freeyorp and Platyna who are admins.
sexy red bearded GM
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

Frost, you talk about playing skills. IMHO only skill needed is a skill to be able to spend your fun time at things more boring that what you do during your work/study time.
And if there's a very vague rule used "do not auto-follow", why oh why oh why isn't it made more precise to " auto-follow-and-attack"?
It's not like the rule is made wider to rule out cases hard to proof, because every case is hard to proof.
Please, answer that question.
I'm Image too much.
DarkestLight
Peon
Peon

Post by DarkestLight »

Just thought I would ring in with my 2 cents.

I am, have always been, and will always be a player who follows the rules of this game (more or less because i would rather not be banned and have to start over), that being said I will still object to things that I don't like. This rule is more or less pointless, excluding the graveyard there is almost no need to stack to farm any items. Botters wont stop using more then one account at once, they will simply split their bots up, farming MULTIPLE AREAS AT ONCE. Wont this create more of an issue with bots? Instead of 4 bots in a far back moggun cave now you have 4 bots farming mogguns in different spots? As long as each can respond its legal. More importantly they could all still be back in 1 cave, they just simply need to not follow each other and to have different return points. Correct me if im wrong but as long as they act independently, can respond to a gm, and a GM can not prove that they are all controlled by one person then it is legal. All this rule does is force botters to think a little tiny bit more to not be banned and punishes legit players doing legit activities. Earlier someone mentioned this being like "shooting a fly with a cannon ball", I would say its more like shooting a fly with a cannon ball AND missing the fly.
I was they turkey all along!!! It was me!!! ME!!!!
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

Post by DefinitelyNOTMrWho »

I love it when all the devs say: "It's easy to get to lvl 40 by licking maggot slime and eating mouboos", after that they tell you an easy way to get to lvl 60: "it's easy to get from 40 to 60 by becoming an archer and shooting spider crap in the caves". But then a weird thing happens, they stop, because most of the devs got to a level of max 65. Nobody tells you the pain of leveling from 80 to 99!

Nobody would ever use the automation for low levels, I can level an alt to 60 in a few hours so stop it with how easy it is because we damn know it's easy.

How do we level from 80 to 99 OLLC? Do you think you can find a pacifist way for us to do this? how about we do this only by killing Clover Patches? What do you say? Is that a good idea?

I really want to know all the devs that have chars in the lvl 95+ and did not use automation.

P.S.
A way i use to kill yetis is this: I go with a warrior in a cave with 2 yetis and I start manabot targeting the yetis. I then come with my mage and shoot one yeti at a time with #ingrav. This way you only have one yeti chasing you and you can shoot and run because the other yeti is busy hitting the manabot. This is a more productive way to kill yetis but you sometimes die. So automation helps!!!
Gravity is a myth, Earth Sucks!!!
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

DefinitelyNOTMrWho wrote:How do we level from 80 to 99 o11c? Do you think you can find a pacifist way for us to do this? how about we do this only by killing Clover Patches? What do you say? Is that a good idea?
No, I wouldn't expect to level very far as a pacifist. But I expect you get from 80 to 99 the same way I've gotten from 80 to 86. At this point it takes a day or two to level, which is perfectly reasonable.

That said, you are missing the whole point of this game. Level 99 is where the game ends, not where it begins. The game is the process of getting there; by using automation you are skipping the game.
sango98
Novice
Novice

Post by sango98 »

I don't use follow for stacking just for walking alone because my char walks slow .
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

o11c, day or two for level? Lol. I see lots of high-level characters which are leveling for years. Look at Ginaria- she plays for many years, and even if she's fighting rather rarely, she's almost every day. For years. And I don't know if she gained a few levels from 3 years.
Few weeks ago I earned one terra ore, and wanted to make arrows for my archer. I ask in my guild, consisting from many high level characters, to make some for me. And most of people, who play for years and have at least one 99lvl char and few 8x lvl alts couldn't do it- never finished the quest.
So, to keep high levels playing, you prefer to make upper levels and quests so hard, that you need years to complete.
And big part of high levels prefer to make alts, gain cash and collect rares to make them still interested.
Another thing is, some quests are unaffordable. Why the hell black boots, despite needing many potions and effort to make, are worse than standard fur boots? Why in terra armor only terra legs are useful? Why Pinkie Helmet is only good to show off in town? At least give us motivation to do all these things...
Last edited by Derpella on 20 Nov 2011, 08:56, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Image too much.
altbdoor
Peon
Peon

Post by altbdoor »

don't think the problem is with the rule already :|
said no bots, they're using bots...

so, there's no problem with the rules, there's no problem with the gm, there's no problem with the devs, there's no problem with bots as well. the problem is in players who use bots to play. if everyone can play without bots, this wouldn't happen :(

well, guess that's impossible for certain players. oh well, adieu~ away to play :D

hope a good resolution comes out of this, and no bots +1! :lol:
Piateluca
Novice
Novice

Post by Piateluca »

o11c wrote:
Piateluca wrote:Allow it for example in crypt, and not at the up-right side of gy.
So you would allow botting - and thus disallow real players - in some parts of the game? How could that possibly be a good idea?
Game is very unbalanced, it is a solution for that.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

o11c wrote:
DefinitelyNOTMrWho wrote:How do we level from 80 to 99 o11c? Do you think you can find a pacifist way for us to do this? how about we do this only by killing Clover Patches? What do you say? Is that a good idea?
No, I wouldn't expect to level very far as a pacifist. But I expect you get from 80 to 99 the same way I've gotten from 80 to 86. At this point it takes a day or two to level, which is perfectly reasonable.

That said, you are missing the whole point of this game. Level 99 is where the game ends, not where it begins. The game is the process of getting there; by using automation you are skipping the game.
Honestly you guys should probably have done the rebalanceing before making this rule, you are just making it harder for players to level of course the people who are level 99 already are not gonna complain...they used automation ive seen them stacking in the gy to get to level 99 (i know who they are). And now that they are level 99 they dont really give a Chocolate Cupcake about the rule change.

A couple of days to level? im level 88 and it would not take a couple of days to level thank you very much. and this is coming from someone who doesnt use automation for leveling my main character. i probably spent about a week (everyday of it)getting my character from level 87 to 88 and now working from 88 to 89 is a pain in the ass. it discourages people to even want to level its why they use automation and i dont really blame them to be honest.

And btw taking away automation wont take away bots, bots will always be on tmw either you like it or not so for those who say "this rule will make no bots so i like it" um yeah maybe you should rethink what your saying "auto follow" is taken away not "automation" people will use automation as much as they like whether they are in a stack or not.

Regards,
Yubaba