"Player follow" will get you banned

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Piateluca
Novice
Novice

Re: "Player follow" will get you banned

Post by Piateluca »

TiaPeluca went from lvl 1 to 92 (without botting) from april to august, and people that know me, knows a play A LOT. After 85 there is nothing to do in game, if you play a lot eventually you get bored and want more.

Also say that if you bot you do it for taking drops/exp is wrong. Some of us try to not touch other people's target (things taht some mages/ speed archers with potions doesn't even care) and bot in places that are empty, like crypt most of the time.
nelson6e65
Novice
Novice

Post by nelson6e65 »

Well... read all and... Where is the official announce about new interpretation of rule? Really, I need the link, or something. Because I need definitions about...
what "autofollow" is? what "follow" is? How you, GMs (or ???), will be prove automations (or whatever whatever) ?

I think the rule must to be clarified for players no-mana-whatever-bot. Is normal follow againts rules? I use it for fun :D xD

About Player vs Monsters in hard places, I think DEV's could add more bonus at Rings, Armors, Weapons and Arrows... because like an Archer I can survive a little bit in GY, but near to Crypt... I get a free pass to Soul Menhir :( (skells and other monsters from all sides)

PD: btw, I think that 1 Ring (valuate in more than 1.000.000 GP) only have +1 in bonus is just ridiculous :S

---Edit:
btw, I'm lvl 91.
The Mana World - Comunidad Hispanohablante

"When we die, we go to the same place: Soul Menhir"nelson6e65
Edit: Well... Not anymore. u.u

nelson6e65: Image
Edward Elric: Image
Edward Elric (Hagane): Image
Jael RD
Peon
Peon

Post by Jael RD »

Chicka-Maria wrote:
o11c wrote:
DefinitelyNOTMrWho wrote:How do we level from 80 to 99 o11c? Do you think you can find a pacifist way for us to do this? how about we do this only by killing Clover Patches? What do you say? Is that a good idea?
No, I wouldn't expect to level very far as a pacifist. But I expect you get from 80 to 99 the same way I've gotten from 80 to 86. At this point it takes a day or two to level, which is perfectly reasonable.

That said, you are missing the whole point of this game. Level 99 is where the game ends, not where it begins. The game is the process of getting there; by using automation you are skipping the game.
Honestly you guys should probably have done the rebalanceing before making this rule, you are just making it harder for players to level of course the people who are level 99 already are not gonna complain...they used automation ive seen them stacking in the gy to get to level 99 (i know who they are). And now that they are level 99 they dont really give a **** about the rule change.

A couple of days to level? im level 88 and it would not take a couple of days to level thank you very much. and this is coming from someone who doesnt use automation for leveling my main character. i probably spent about a week (everyday of it)getting my character from level 87 to 88 and now working from 88 to 89 is a pain in the ass. it discourages people to even want to level its why they use automation and i dont really blame them to be honest.

And btw taking away automation wont take away bots, bots will always be on tmw either you like it or not so for those who say "this rule will make no bots so i like it" um yeah maybe you should rethink what your saying "auto follow" is taken away not "automation" people will use automation as much as they like whether they are in a stack or not.

Regards,
nelson6e65 wrote:Well... read all and... Where is the official announce about new interpretation of rule? Really, I need the link, or something. Because I need definitions about...
what "autofollow" is? what "follow" is? How you, GMs (or ???), will be prove automations (or whatever whatever) ?

I think the rule must to be clarified for players no-mana-whatever-bot. Is normal follow againts rules? I use it for fun :D xD

About Player vs Monsters in hard places, I think DEV's could add more bonus at Rings, Armors, Weapons and Arrows... because like an Archer I can survive a little bit in GY, but near to Crypt... I get a free pass to Soul Menhir :( (skells and other monsters from all sides)

PD: btw, I think that 1 Ring (valuate in more than 1.000.000 GP) only have +1 in bonus is just ridiculous :S

---Edit:
btw, I'm lvl 91.
Aleluya!!! Agreed with you buddies.
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

Post by DefinitelyNOTMrWho »

I have to agree with Chicka-Maria, people that got to level 99 don't give a F about this new rule. They used automation but they don't say nothing about it on this thread.

And I have to agree with OLLC too, getting from level 86 to 87 might take 2 days.....of continuous playing. So if you play 8 hours per day that would be 16 hours to get to level 87. Now if you are not mentally insane to play 8 hours for two days and you play 2 hours per day then getting to level 87 would take 8 days.

Who wants to do the math on getting to level 99 and how many days that would take without automation stacking?

I'm quite surprised nobody in the GHP says nothing about it, after all most of them benefited from the "follow" feature...well i guess once you get to 99 you just forget how you got there :lol:
Gravity is a myth, Earth Sucks!!!
Jael RD
Peon
Peon

Post by Jael RD »

DefinitelyNOTMrWho wrote:I have to agree with Chicka-Maria, people that got to level 99 don't give a F about this new rule. They used automation but they don't say nothing about it on this thread.

And I have to agree with OLLC too, getting from level 86 to 87 might take 2 days.....of continuous playing. So if you play 8 hours per day that would be 16 hours to get to level 87. Now if you are not mentally insane to play 8 hours for two days and you play 2 hours per day then getting to level 87 would take 8 days.

Who wants to do the math on getting to level 99 and how many days that would take without automation stacking?

I'm quite surprised nobody in the GHP says nothing about it, after all most of them benefited from the "follow" feature...well i guess once you get to 99 you just forget how you got there :lol:
i already did that yesterday, lvl98 to lvl99 about 165 hours with 10k/exp per minute, so you can do that in 7 days with a big super pitcher of coffe and not sleep for that week, or you can do that playing religiously 2 hours every day for about 4 months. so level 97 to lvl98 about two month, and level 96 to 97 about a month that way so you will be playing for a half year xD
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

Post by DefinitelyNOTMrWho »

Jael RD wrote:i already did that yesterday, lvl98 to lvl99 about 165 hours with 10k/exp per minute, so you can do that in 7 days with a big super pitcher of coffe and not sleep for that week, or you can do that playing religiously 2 hours every day for about 4 months. so level 97 to lvl98 about two month, and level 96 to 97 about a month that way so you will be playing for a half year xD
I believe you but try telling it to our "politicians" :lol: . I'm pretty sure someone who doesn't play this game and got stuck at level 65 will try to tell you what you are doing wrong and that you can get from 98 to 99 by baking muffins and sniffing glue :lol:
Gravity is a myth, Earth Sucks!!!
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Okay, this is getting sort of ridiculous. I understand that the follow feature not being allowed is kind of unpleasant for many, but amusingly enough, most of the arguments here aren't even about innocently using follow for things. All I see is "it's impossible to level high without automation", or "why not just ban auto-follow-attack users instead?".

1: It is not impossible to get to a high level without automation. And how long it takes depends on your character class/stats. Obviously a warrior takes longest, as there is no cost to using a warrior except maybe healing items. Archers come second, because they can do higher damage at lower levels, by focusing on one-two stats, but they buy arrows. Then mages can do the highest damage, but die easily, can't wear good armor, and their best attack magic costs a lot. A few rounds of Candor got me through a lot of the higher levels, 70-80, as a mage, keep that in mind.

2: The reason why banning follow-attack users won't work, is because of this: how do you tell? If you are a GM, and see a stack of 6 players by the crypt obviously automating, what do you do when you warn/punish them, and one claims "I wasn't using follow attack, I was just using follow/I was just healing"? Rules are made as generally as possible, so that people can't just make excuses/find loopholes to break the rules without getting in trouble.

I liked the follow feature, and would have settled for another alternative, but the truth is there's no way to properly tell if somebody is using attackfollow or just follow, if the stack is more than 2 people or so.

Lastly: The reason this "new rule" was not announced on the forum, is that it is not a new rule. It is a different interpretation of the "no botting" rule, because players have been using these harmless features such as follow as the perfect excuse to claim innocence when caught botting. I'm not saying that it doesn't suck a little, but it hardly ruins the game, and hating on the devs/admins/GMs is silly. There is no conspiracy, or one person responsible - it was discussed beforehand.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
nelson6e65
Novice
Novice

Post by nelson6e65 »

mistergrey wrote:(..)The reason this "new rule" was not announced on the forum, is that it is not a new rule. It is a different interpretation of the "no botting" rule (..).
Ok. I understand. But, we need a official clarification about this "new concept"... like a guideline. :)

Something like: "Explanation about rule 2", maybe in Game and forum rules
Last edited by nelson6e65 on 20 Nov 2011, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.

salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

I got to level 99 without automation as a warrior and I earned every level - ty.
Jael RD
Peon
Peon

Post by Jael RD »

salmondine wrote:I got to level 99 without automation as a warrior and I earned every level - ty.
good!! waooo cheerss, now how long it took?
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

mistergrey wrote:.Lastly: The reason this "new rule" was not announced on the forum, is that it is not a new rule. It is a different interpretation of the "no botting" rule, because players have been using these harmless features such as follow as the perfect excuse to claim innocence when caught botting. I'm not saying that it doesn't suck a little, but it hardly ruins the game, and hating on the devs/admins/GMs is silly. There is no conspiracy, or one person responsible - it was discussed beforehand.
It was still announced as an official rule from the GHP which people will be taking serious, Doesnt matter if it isnt on the forums it was still announced by apart of the GHP the GM's that make sure the rules are followed. So yeah it is a new part of the botting rule. which i find ridiculous, botting is considered AFK activity but yet when your not afk and your following and can respond you can get banned?

Makes no sense to me.. if the person was afk i would understand but how does it match with the botting rule if your not afk while following?
Platyna wrote:2. No bots (and by botting I mean ANY AFK activity in game).
Auto Following is not considered afk activity if you can respond.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Chicka-Maria wrote:
That was the previous interpretation. That has changed.

Yes, we need an official announcement.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
nelson6e65
Novice
Novice

Post by nelson6e65 »

o11c wrote:Yes, we need an official announcement.
Thanks! :)

prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Chicka-Maria wrote: Makes no sense to me.. if the person was afk i would understand but how does it match with the botting rule if your not afk while following?

I will try and explain than, assuming you have a stack of 5 people on auto follow, you have 5 clients open. 4 hidden and the one main one that is "leading". (and for the record i am assuming all are under the same ip).

You would have the main window open, and the other 4 windows either hidden behind it, minimized, or perhaps even spaced on your screen.

Those 4 windows you are afk from! that simple. and Yes you can jump back to them if need be, but that doesnt negate the fact that for a length of time you are afk. Thats why the rule was reinterpreted! no botting was a rule from day one.
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

AFK = away from keyboard.
You would still be at your keyboard and not afk.

Regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.