Killing Yetis

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

Killing Yetis

Post by DefinitelyNOTMrWho »

Disclaimer:
This is a topic about how stupid it is to kill yetis. If you think killing yetis is fun and enjoyable then look for a topic regarding that, if not please feel free to contribute.

Why do we have to kill yetis? Because we need to get 30 yeti tears for the Love Triangle quest.
How often do yeti tears drop? About 1 every 2 weeks!

The problem is that killing yetis is tricky and I'll tell you why:
-Yetis have very high HP
-Yetis are very very fast
-Yetis do very high damage
-They are aggressive

What does this mean? Well, you can't kill them as an archer because one hit from a yeti will kill you. You can't kill them as a mage because they will catch you and pown your a$$...so this leaves you with only one choice: Warrior.

Ok, so you kill them as a warrior...what's the problem you ask? Well the problem is that you can't find only one yeti to kill, they hang out in packs of 2 or more. I found out that having 102 vitality can help you kill 2 without healing all the time.
So now you have 102 vitality and want to kill yetis, you go to the cave and start killing but you notice the damage (or lack of it) you do. Killing yetis can only be done by critical hits ( high luck) because it would take hours to do it otherwise.

Let's go over it again: You spend hours and hours pressing "x" and waiting 10 min to kill a Yeti and then just looking at the screen. After the hours and hours spent you notice tears rarely drop and start getting pissed off.

I want to say that in my opinion whoever designed this quest did a very very very bad job. This is the kind of thing you do to torture people, it's beyond stupid.
Gravity is a myth, Earth Sucks!!!
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Killing Yetis

Post by o11c »

It's quite feasible to kill a Yeti as a Archer (that is what I have been doing lately), and there's never a dull moment. That said, it would be a lot easier if I didn't have to watch out for both of them.

As usual, however, the most dangerous moment is when they spawn right on top of you. Which, given the speed at which you have to move, is quite a large radius.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

Are we talking speed archer? 99 dex and 99 agility?

Cause if we are I want to ask you how exactly did you reach the cave with 2 yetis and not got killed in the other caves.

I don't think you have room to evade the yetis, can someone confirm this? did someone else try killing yetis as an archer?

I would very much like to see you do this o11c, I will come as a warrior and if you can kill 4 a couple of yetis (without dieing) you will convince me.
Piateluca
Novice
Novice

Post by Piateluca »

Get a tank to "afk-stand" while a mage spawns a lot of mushrooms :lol:
linkage

Post by linkage »

After playing twm for some time, players who arent mentally challenged start to develop their own skill. How have you been playing ? Maybe its time to make your brain work a little-tiny-bit, and to realize there are solutions.

To begin with, you are talking about the 2 yetis room whitch seems unreachable to you as an archer. Did you take time (matter of 2 minutes) to explore the other side of this cave ? There is a 2-yetis-room when you are heading towards Cindy`s room, i have to admit reaching it is a pain in the ass for archers/mages.

But there is another way, directly leading to another 2-yetis-room, No challenge to get there - a bunch of fire goblins. Even archer without speed skill can deal with them. Moreover because of the wide circular shaped room, these yetis are easy to dodge and to get rid of, even as a mage.

To tackle the issue of yetis respawning on you, here is the little trick that all newbie think about : just get out of the room and wait for them to respawn.

I know this may be a lot to learn for you, but at least you got a clear answer/tip whitch you should have been able to find by yourself.

Yes :
"" -Yetis have very high HP
-Yetis are very very fast
-Yetis do very high damage
-They are aggressive ""
But also here are the pros :
-Yetis give proper experience
-Yetis give proper job level
Duh.

Now if you just cant stand waiting for yetis to drop tears, just buy them ~30k at manamarket.

Hoping this will be helpfull to you, and mainly to us since its not the first time you are complaining about yetis -and yet i am only talking about yetis here.

Regards.
Fai
Peon
Peon

Post by Fai »

I level 85 but i can\'t kill yetis alone

when i archer i always die :cry:
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

I just don't do this quest, yetis were very fun content in the beginning, but have been changed into (not fun) content.
This was because the cindy quest was abused by mages? or something like this.
so to make soloing this quest impossible for people, the yeti mob stats were altered and idk if this is the permanent solution, I hope not.
The yetis move way to fast for an archer to hit and evade...our clients all mis- report mob positions and this is NEVER factored in.
The rewards for the cindy quest attract mages because the rewards are mage items.
as an archer or a tank...you don't need these items.
personally I do not see that 5 or 6 people being savvy enough to solo this quest as a mage required these huge drastic changes.
its a 1x per char quest.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

salmondine wrote:I just don't do this quest, yetis were very fun content in the beginning, but have been changed into (not fun) content.
This was because the cindy quest was abused by mages? or something like this.
so to make soloing this quest impossible for people, the yeti mob stats were altered and idk if this is the permanent solution, I hope not.
The yetis move way to fast for an archer to hit and evade...our clients all mis- report mob positions and this is NEVER factored in.
The rewards for the cindy quest attract mages because the rewards are mage items.
as an archer or a tank...you don't need these items.
personally I do not see that 5 or 6 people being savvy enough to solo this quest as a mage required these huge drastic changes.
its a 1x per char quest.
Um. Actually the yetis were initially as fast as they are now. They were changed to the slow version to fix their movement. They were changed back once the xml file was corrected. And fyi, the main dev on this quest plays an archer almost exclusively.
sexy red bearded GM
dayve
Novice
Novice

Post by dayve »

salmondine wrote: personally I do not see that 5 or 6 people being savvy enough to solo this quest as a mage required these huge drastic changes.
its a 1x per char quest.
1 smart warrior(not a stack but a single) can do this quest alone, i done it 6 times
radiant
Novice
Novice

Post by radiant »

Is this the same 19-yetis-in-44-minutes quest as it was before? Because those are the numbers a solo player would have to deal with, and swords just don't do enough to keep up with that pace.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Fai wrote:I level 85 but i can\'t kill yetis alone

I'd be glad to help; I'm 86 and normally die after 3 or 4 kills.

Oh, and my stats are: 1 / 81=80+1 / 33 / 1 / 100=99+1 / 30=29+1
with Mallard's Eye focused (I'm not crazy enough to try a pure speed archer on Yetis)
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

o11c wrote:
Fai wrote:I level 85 but i can\'t kill yetis alone

I'd be glad to help if I'm online (check on IRC as I'm not in-game as much as I'd like); I'm 86 and normally die after 3 or 4 kills.

Oh, and my stats are: 1 / 81=80+1 / 33 / 1 / 100=99+1 / 30=29+1
with Mallard's Eye focused (I'm not crazy enough to try a pure speed archer on Yetis)
dayve
Novice
Novice

Post by dayve »

radiant wrote:Is this the same 19-yetis-in-44-minutes quest as it was before? Because those are the numbers a solo player would have to deal with, and swords just don't do enough to keep up with that pace.
With your settings, i agree. i did say smart warrior.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Keep it civil please.

BC
sexy red bearded GM
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

I can confirm what o11c said. you can kill yetis as a speed archer but you get killed quite easy, it's not something you could do for a long time...