Racist GM abuser

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

Racist GM abuser

Post by DefinitelyNOTMrWho »

I cannot believe what is going on in this game. I am still shaking in despair after what i have witnessed.
I was sitting in town, waiting for a good old friend of mine who happens to be black. We have been friends for a long time, he is from South Africa and I convinced him to play this game.
I told him about all the nice people who play here, about all the friends he can make and about the strict rules which DON'T allow for botting. (He was playing another mmorpg - not saying which- and they allowed botting, the game was simply ruined and from a population of 560000 players it was reduced to 150. All the people left the game because they don't agree with botting.).
So when my friend heard about a mmorpg which doesn't allow botting and is free, he was very excited and joined ASAP.
I have to admit he didn't choose his nickname wisely but in real life he is quite short (1.57cm) and quite black, so he chose "Little Nigger" as a nickname. I don't find it offensive since everyone in his neighborhood call him that and he actually has a mail: Little_Nigger@*******.za

As we were talking in town, mrgrey came wearing a white robe (just like the ku klux klan), a white pointy wizzard hat (just like the kkklan) and a wizzard stick (just like the kkklan) and when he saw my friend he BAN/KICKED him. These are the logs of the server:

[2011-12-04 09:00:17] 009-1.gat(50,36) mrgrey(2096247) : @kick Little nigger
[2011-12-04 09:00:35] 009-1.gat(50,36) mrgrey(2096247) : @l Don't think that one needs much explanation...

Now my friend said he will leave this game and never play again.
Gravity is a myth, Earth Sucks!!!
Kull
Novice
Novice

Re: Racist GM abuser

Post by Kull »

I saw it all. Shame on Mr. Ku Klux Grey for being a Communist Fascist and a Racist Multiculturalist.
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

i think it is a shame we have to deal with such a profound lack of insight and a "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality from our gms. it is simply mind blowing that they would discriminate based on skin color, nationality, sexuality, or any other protected attribute a player might have. i'm sick of seeing minorities suffer at the hand of these bigots we have in charge. how about a little bit of tolerance from our gms? i definitely expected better from a canadian gm. i figured he was at least to busy playing hockey and putting maple syrup on everything to be racist or believe stereotypes.
Lullaby
Newly Registered User

Post by Lullaby »

Hmmm...I just want to notice that all players in game must create "white" characters, cause we can't choose the colour of skin. Moreover... only Christian/Catholic holidays are celebrated in tmw for some reason. I don't mind holidays, but from people who make "fantasy" game I'd expect more creativeness :wink:
"Absolute power corrupts absolutely"
(which is a problem, if you are powerless)
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

Lullaby wrote:Moreover... only Christian/Catholic holidays are celebrated in tmw for some reason.
I didn't know the Towel Day is a Christian holiday! :roll:
Lullaby
Newly Registered User

Post by Lullaby »

Jenalaya I truly hope you can see the difference between religious holiday like Easter and simple annual event like Towel's day :)
"Absolute power corrupts absolutely"
(which is a problem, if you are powerless)
linkage

Post by linkage »

Jenalya is right : Towel isnt Christian and also refers to muslim flying carpet (see One Thousand and One Nights) due to its well known porperties. Despite this christian oriented game, i wouldnt blame devs to work a lot harder and add more events related to more various cultures, in the hope to get more rares 0:)

Waiting for Aladdin`s jacket to be realeased,
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

Alladin was Chinese.
I'm Image too much.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Lullaby wrote:Jenalaya I truly hope you can see the difference between religious holiday like Easter and simple annual event like Towel's day :)
Halloween is a Christian Holiday?
linkage

Post by linkage »

Halloween is a satanic hollyday, strongly correlated to Christians.

Waiting for the Shrivatsa (Endless Knot) diagram to be released,
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

Evergreen trees and holly were served at the Last Seder. This is the origin of the English carol "O Tannenbaum."
And St Nikolaos created the Miracle of Toys for children who would leave their Catholic wooden shoes outside.
It's all Christian.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
wafna
Peon
Peon

Post by wafna »

I am Mesopotamian and I saw MrWho speaking Lower Sorbian. Mr Grey should ban him. I am also deeply insulted by the Christian elements in the game: zombies=raising people from the dead; skeletons=reference to the stylites; mogguns=white and round-shaped communion wafers; bats=flying angels; and so on and so on.

I want Mesopotamish holidays too.

I also saw many people with PINK pointy hats = gay KKK, RED pointy hats = commies, BLUE pointy hats = blue crack users; ORANGE pointy hats = orange heroin users.

It's all a conspiracy.

And then the CRUSADE helmet.
jessyb03
Novice
Novice

Post by jessyb03 »

Back to the actual topic... I would like to see what mrgrey has to say about this before taking out my pitchfork and torch.
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Jenalya wrote:
Lullaby wrote:Moreover... only Christian/Catholic holidays are celebrated in tmw for some reason.
I didn't know the Towel Day is a Christian holiday! :roll:
towel day is not holiday nor holy day just an event :). Hallowe'en is not religious event too.
Lullaby is right: no other religious event than catholic is celebrated here.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Nard wrote:towel day is not holiday nor holy day just an event :)
I am a proud Hitchhikerist! How dare you insult my religion?!?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.