Any advice for my player? (screenshot added)

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Nile7
Newly Registered User

Any advice for my player? (screenshot added)

Post by Nile7 »

Any ideas of a good strategy?

Here are my thoughts:
1) Get iron arrows and kill yellow blobs w/ the Forest Bow to get Iron Ore.
However, the Iron Arrows cost too much GP.

My other thoughts:
1) Find quests and do them.

Other thoughts:
1) Find out how to get a short sword && do the quest to get the wooden shield for 40 logs.

What could I be doing?
Knight
Knight

Re: Any advice for my player? (screenshot added)

Post by 4144 »

main advice is dont use outdated client version.

You can use better client from here http://manaplus.evolonline.org/
or more recent version of default client from here http://www.themanaworld.org/downloads
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Recall that iron arrows only give +25 relatively speaking, and cost 4 times as much.

As far as your stats go: int and luck are pretty useless at low levels, and agi is usually not as important as dex/vit/str.

As soon as I hit level 40 or so, I restat for archer, so I can remove all the STR. Naturally, you should only do this after you get the forest bow.

And, I don't put any points in VIT intially. Being an archer is all about not getting hit in the first place. It's very fast to level up in the graveyard then.

Once I get DEX to 80 or 90, I start raising VIT to 20 or so, then LUK to 10. At some point you should grind for a Clover (luck bonus), this should take somewhere between 2 and 10 hours, depending on how you do the math.

But the thing to realize is: the (dominant term of the) effectiveness of an archer goes up with the square of your DEX, and has a jump every 10. So, having a bonus item so you can get 100 DEX is important. At low levels, this means the Forest Armor, but eventually you'll want to switch that out for Terranite armor or the ring - the Forest armor has low defense stat. But it takes quite a bit of GP and other stuff to get the higher stuff, so you'll be with the Forest armor for a while.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

If you enjoy playing an archer, Go, restat and put all your status points in dexterity (everything else at 1). Also, your piority is to get the Forest bow and Forest armor if you have completed Tulimshar quest, (If you won the desert shirt). When you are level 35 get the focussing skill and brawling skill (do not focus on it and do not level it keep your job points for later). You may want to change targets sometimes, then collect bat wings for daily quest, silk cocoons, fluffy furs and leaves along with raw logs and bandit hoods . You will need 80 (and 20 more later) to learn magic. Magic quests bring a lot of experience points (collect 16000 monster points for war magic). Green slimes on Tulimshar beach are dangerous, but have low defense and give very good experience and job points ( about 300 exp, 100 job) which allow good progression rate at your level, more if you can team up with similar level players and share experience...

Edit: don't forget to use your maggot slimes to get your personal dark green dye recipe with Rauk, after you have asked Selim the dyer to dye something with a color you don't have.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
BoomerTheKran
Peon
Peon

Post by BoomerTheKran »

Nard wrote:If you enjoy playing an archer, Go, restat and put all your status points in dexterity (everything else at 1). Also, your piority is to get the Forest bow and Forest armor if you have completed Tulimshar quest, (If you won the desert shirt). When you are level 35 get the focussing skill and brawling skill (do not focus on it and do not level it keep your job points for later). You may want to change targets sometimes, then collect bat wings for daily quest, silk cocoons, fluffy furs and leaves along with raw logs and bandit hoods . You will need 80 (and 20 more later) to learn magic. Magic quests bring a lot of experience points (collect 16000 monster points for war magic). Green slimes on Tulimshar beach are dangerous, but have low defense and give very good experience and job points ( about 300 exp, 100 job) which allow good progression rate at your level, more if you can team up with similar level players and share experience...

Edit: don't forget to use your maggot slimes to get your personal dark green dye recipe with Rauk, after you have asked Selim the dyer to dye something with a color you don't have.
ALL that plus die-grind. Don't waste time with heals, until you go places that require a lot of walking. die-grind gets half health back and you don't have to sit or heal. I'd do so with full dex, on archer, south of Nivalis on slimes and such. Shoot, step back, shoot, step back, repeat. if you choose to do this with aggressive creatures, just press A each time you step away, and go around the mobs until you have them all in a nice small circle. (circling mobs even works very well if solo grinding terra, btw)