A way to calculate accuracy/dex vs mobs?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
TGE
Peon
Peon

A way to calculate accuracy/dex vs mobs?

Post by TGE »

Hi all!

Just wondering if there is way to calculate how much dexterity is needed to hit certain monsters

example: How much dex to hit a skull? how much dex to hit jacko?

thanks in advance
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: A way to calculate accuracy/dex vs mobs?

Post by SriNitayanda »

I don't know if there is a way to calculate it, anyways it was discussed here not long ago, even if you are 99 and your dex is 100+ you'll still miss often on these monsters.
In order to hit skulls and jacko's reliably u need high critical chance or magic. High critical chance either come's from raging skill, or from the banshee bow.
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
TGE
Peon
Peon

Post by TGE »

well it will take some time for banshee bow:S so i guess always have a tank vs jacko

thanks for the quick reply 8)
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 12#p130912

Accuracy = Dex + Level

to find the monsters click here
radiant
Novice
Novice

Post by radiant »

In addition to the "accuracy" measure described above, there are two sides in combat, and the other side will have an "evasion" measure consisting of agility plus level.

If your accuracy exceeds their evasion by at least 15 points, attacks which make an accuracy check (that is, non-critical, non-magical strikes from a fist, sword, or arrow) will miss only 5% of the time. It's impossible to make such strikes any more accurate than that, and the same scale applies to enemy attacks made against you.

On the reverse front, if you fall short of their evasion by at least 75 points, those attacks will only hit 5% of the time. In between those two extremes, each point you gain in accuracy will provide an additional 1% in hit rate. The numbers are scaled based on an even matchup one way (i.e. accuracy = opponent's evasion) representing a successful attack 80% of the time in that direction, and inequalities using that as a starting point, obviously with a lot more room on the "down" side.

In the case of Jack O (evasion: 290), the 1% hit rate gain only starts when you can pull within 74--in this case, that means your level plus dexterity would have to add to at least 216. However, the cap of 99 imposed on both the level and intrinsic stats of players, combined with the paucity of equipment that provides stat boosts (especially in the quantities that would be required to bridge the gap here) means it is completely impossible get above the minimum accuracy on anything that makes an accuracy check. (In effect, Jack O "cheats" when compared to players, by having an abnormally inflated level.) The only alternative is to make use of things that bypass the accuracy check entirely, which seems to be the direction that the world designers want everyone to focus on.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

/me finds it ironic that radiant knows more about the TMW combat system than I do.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.