Democracy? Please, read the entire before voting.

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.

Is democracy a good idea for The Mana World in the future?

Yes
23%
No
60%
I have no clue
10%
I have given up and am abandoning this entirely(this is the sad one)
7%

Total votes: 30
0x0BAL
Peon
Peon

Re: Democracy? Please, read the entire before voting.

Post by 0x0BAL »

GHP ? :=0
That sounds like the Committee of 300
BoomerTheKran
Peon
Peon

Post by BoomerTheKran »

If you're worried about reputation, don't hide things.

If you're truly in the spirit of GPL, know what the "P" means and follow that. Otherwise, you've chosen a closed approach, deviating from the ideals the licensing is supposed to promote.

Hiding a secret quest as a surprise is one thing. Hiding yourselves and decisions from public view that effect the entire community reeks of a secret society bent on domination and self-preservation. That eliteness shows lack of concern for anything anyone expects or needs from an open, GPL based, community.
This IS a sig
straelyn
Novice
Novice

Post by straelyn »

Idk! :?
end of line.
Ablu
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Ablu »

Just give the guys more time. I think the move and all this drama was enough work for now. Lets wait a few weeks and see how it all develops. I am sure that all people leading this project have an interest in more transparency in some regards.

Regards
Ablu
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

I'd like to clarify something.
The 'GHP' isn't a new thing that came from this move, but has been there for years. It's a forum group where people were added when some people already in the group had the feeling that's a good idea. Group members have access to a hidden forum where a few kind of topics are discussed that shouldn't be public - e.g. the GMs communicate over abusive players.

Personally I learned that this group exists when I was already rather involved in development, with a leading role in Content Development, and was being told something like 'It's GMs, admins and developers.' without further explanations - and I wondered 'Am I not a developer? Who's really in there? What do they do?'
Much later I was added to that group when Freeyorp noticed by chance that I don't have access to a topic in that forum, and thought I should have. I was confused about the exact purpose of this group, and didn't know if I was supposed to keep the existance of the group secret, since everyone was so secretive about it before I was added.

What we're currently doing is to discuss and define more clearly what's the purpose of this group, who should be a member, and how you can become a member. When this is done, we plan to post this publicly, along with a list of current members. The reason for this is to make it more transparent for everyone involved in the project how decisions are made.
Overall, there won't be much difference to what we have so far, just that you'll know about it and understand how you can become part of it.
BoomerTheKran
Peon
Peon

Post by BoomerTheKran »

Jenalya wrote:I'd like to clarify something.
The 'GHP' isn't a new thing that came from this move, but has been there for years. It's a forum group where people were added when some people already in the group had the feeling that's a good idea. Group members have access to a hidden forum where a few kind of topics are discussed that shouldn't be public - e.g. the GMs communicate over abusive players.

Personally I learned that this group exists when I was already rather involved in development, with a leading role in Content Development, and was being told something like 'It's GMs, admins and developers.' without further explanations - and I wondered 'Am I not a developer? Who's really in there? What do they do?'
Much later I was added to that group when Freeyorp noticed by chance that I don't have access to a topic in that forum, and thought I should have. I was confused about the exact purpose of this group, and didn't know if I was supposed to keep the existance of the group secret, since everyone was so secretive about it before I was added.

What we're currently doing is to discuss and define more clearly what's the purpose of this group, who should be a member, and how you can become a member. When this is done, we plan to post this publicly, along with a list of current members. The reason for this is to make it more transparent for everyone involved in the project how decisions are made.
Overall, there won't be much difference to what we have so far, just that you'll know about it and understand how you can become part of it.
That sounds to be a start in the right direction. I appreciate the update.
This IS a sig