The official server flamewar topic

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Re: The official server-move flamewar topic

Post by blackrazor »

Cassy wrote:
Rill wrote:
Cassy wrote:What I don't like about all of this, is that to some people the TMWC look like bad people because of this.
I can tell you guys that they are very nice people.
blackrazor wrote:... this is not about bad or good.... don't try to make it personal by pasting a bad or good label on it.
Cassy, please know that you have every right to state your opinion of the character of TMWC.
Oh, it seems I didn't get that part before.
Well, I actually still don't get it completely.
Why is it bad when I mention that the TMWC members are nice people and not bad (as it looks like to some people since the server move issue)?
Sorry, I don't understand.
Huh?

It's fine to say the TMWC are nice people.

In fact, you can say whatever you feel. I just thought it might be better not to accuse others of trying to make the TMWC look bad. Some people are just recalling events and trying to be fair, and however it looks will be in the eye of the beholder.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

blackrazor wrote:it might be better not to accuse others of trying to make the TMWC look bad.
No, no, it's a misunderstanding then :wink:
I didn't accuse anyone trying to make the TMWC look bad (look again - I really didn't say so at all).
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

Cassy wrote:
blackrazor wrote:it might be better not to accuse others of trying to make the TMWC look bad.
No, no, it's a misunderstanding then :wink:
I didn't accuse anyone trying to make the TMWC look bad (look again - I really didn't say so at all).
No problem. It's all good. Thanks for clarifying. :)
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

It says it all that it took someone saying something nice for ad hominem to be called, despite all the vitriol that's been thrown around by all sides. :wink:

Not that it wouldn't be nice to finally see an objective discussion on things. However, all efforts are apparently a waste of time for anyone I try to involve, so I wouldn't hold high hopes. Everyone seems thoroughly sick of the entire affair.

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
Lt. KLAG [24th.KDF]
Novice
Novice

Post by Lt. KLAG [24th.KDF] »

Well, seems like Platyna finally got her well-deserved base of Hardcore Anti-Fan-Club ... :mrgreen:
Dyna wrote: [...] Go back to your corner with your flying monkeys and be glad you have your own server to host for your 9 people who still think you are some queen. Here, your name means nothing more than a spiteful troll who can't understand when she has been kicked in the face too much. [...]
Hi Dyna :D
ImageImage
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Platyna wrote:Oh nice to see my posts are being deleted.
When you miss any posts, you will likely find them in this thread.
It is hard to call one email a campaign. However it was very successful - as we got serveral people working on content development now, and one person working to revert the changes that caused eA to malfunction since years because you had to play with C++ and Pyton. While your development sections looks more like a chat about "should we take away Platyna's items? Pls, do, I wanna dat dress".
Current user numbers:
themanaworld.org: 73 users online
themanaworld.net: 0 users online

Currently (this week) active threads in the development forum sections:
themanaworld.org: themanaworld.net:
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Censorship is censorship. Propaganda is also primitive, as we are working on three new maps, new monster and several quests.

Not to mention that we did not stole the data and not forced a domain owner to change entries to point to your servers - therefore the player count you got (which 1/3 are bots).

I wonder how would the player count look if all players knew what you people have done, and you wouldn't have themanaworld.org domain. ;)

Also these players where brought here by my long time effort - as when I became TMW admin we had 5 players online (most of them developers).

What you did is like you would copied gmail.com or facebook.com, threatened the domain owner to change DNS entries and then brag you got millions of users.

Regards.
straelyn
Novice
Novice

Post by straelyn »

Don't take this the wrong way platyna, as I know I'm a relative noob here, but you created tmw the same way that al gore created the internet. I'd have considered using your site up until the new tmw servers started getting ddos'd into oblivion to the point where they had to switch hosts. I find it interesting you could just conjure up a 500mb/sec botnet out of thin air. Gives me a better idea where all your free time really goes.
:alt-0:
end of line.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Platyna wrote: Also these players where brought here by my long time effort - as when I became TMW admin we had 5 players online (most of them developers).
I'm sure it was purely your arrival that turned things around :roll: , "You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile." ~Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
Last edited by Len on 09 Jun 2013, 22:38, edited 3 times in total.
Pixel Battalion
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Platyna wrote:Censorship is censorship. Propaganda is also primitive, as we are working on three new maps, new monster and several quests.

Not to mention that we did not stole the data and not forced a domain owner to change entries to point to your servers - therefore the player count you got (which 1/3 are bots).

I wonder how would the player count look if all players knew what you people have done, and you wouldn't have themanaworld.org domain. ;)

Also these players where brought here by my long time effort - as when I became TMW admin we had 5 players online (most of them developers).

What you did is like you would copied gmail.com or facebook.com, threatened the domain owner to change DNS entries and then brag you got millions of users.

Regards.
"Look inside, look inside your tiny mind Then look a bit harder
cause we're so uninspired, so sick and tired Of all the hatred you harbor
Your point of view is medieval
Do you, do you really enjoy Living a life that's so hateful?
Cause there's a hole where your soul should be
You're losing control a bit And it's really distasteful,
its getting late and your words dont translate,
So please don't stay in touch!
Cause its people like you that need to get slewed,
no one wants your opinion"

Lily Allen, It's not me, It's you!

Music, it just soothes! But i digress....

Never looked to the inner you did you?
That thought never crossed your mind!
Maybe i am the root of this problem! Could not be me!
I am all that is good, I am all that is TmW!
I said it, so it has to be true ...... excuse me

we erased all your files, no wait, we copied them!
no wait we stole them, no wait we black mailed elvened!
no wait the sun is in my eyes.....

Please, look within, until you can own your self, dont ask
us to. Respect is earned, you have bullied the game long enough.

And before you feel you have to call me Stalin, or sycophant
or any of the other names you have called me (I have never
called you a name) place here the new names......

wish you had tried to know me, we never talked once over 2 years,
you just told me stuff! so sad! I have meet many great out standing
people here, people I call friend, and would love to meet! Your
not one...... the names you have called me fit on you....

Whats the saddest about this, you have already responded, before
you read what I have wrote! Thats what you do, your knee jerk, point
fingers ....... .pointing always away! I wish you all the best
in life, i want your life to be fulled, i want sunshine and smiles
for you, i want every thing good one person can ask another!
I want your server full, i want you happy! Thats what grounded
people do.

Enjoy the song......
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
0x0BAL
Peon
Peon

PRISM and the server movement

Post by 0x0BAL »

Since the server is hosted in USA without alot of players knowledge. Dear lovely admins, i hope you are not using such a tools as PRISM to spy on people .
The server movement was very curious and just a very experienced and good pickpocket could do it.

Have fun
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

GMs and developers trolling threads - quite a hint where goes the current community development.

Regards.
Narus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Narus »

@Platyna I think you missed Prsm point he was not trolling you he took this song by Lily Allen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8VZX4sHn-4 and adapted for you in his reply. A reply is not a trolling not all at least.

Also if you really want to see how the project is going I invite you to check our IRC channels #themanaworld-dev or *-art there are a lot of ideas and great progress there (new quests and maps new town and more amazing items :D), also you can test the new quest in the test server in case you want to do somethign productive, since im sure you will use that quest on your server once it is done you can help us testign it.

The project is really alive and kicking we had 105 players yesterday having so much fun including great old players comming back if you were in game and on IRC you would the team is better than ever, we are all different and with a lot of different ideas and points of view, we debate all the frikign time and we love it cos at the end of the long chats we move the game forward and great things are added.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Platyna wrote:GMs and developers trolling threads - quite a hint where goes the current community development.
A former admin trolling threads - quite a hint as to why the adjective appears. ^_^

I have to say, now that I no longer take you seriously (unlike in the initial days after the move), your unintentional hilarity is a somewhat pleasant relief compared to actually doing hard work on the code.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

You putsch doesn't mean I am a former admin. A captain of a ship after the mutiny is still considered a legitimate captain.

And I do not troll anything and I am not posting drunken blabbering or songs on forums.

I am fully aware that you changed the bot rules, so the bot count increasted, and now started the propaganda about "old players comming back" and "oh how on irc we work on TMW", while work on TMW was always done on forums or on the repository.

You should be born 40 years earlier - you would surely find some nice regime to support as the methods you know very well. :)

You just have the domain listed on server list, if you did not blackmailed Elven and created your own fork, like you should instead of copying someones work you would have not much players.

When I started this server you copied we had 5 players online, but at least they were decent people - not plotting and stealing ones.

No propaganda will change the fact that you first plotted on a secret channels and then made an unauthorized copy of my server.

Regards.