webcam.now.im (spying)

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.

Your opinion about the webcams

Great idea, they need official support
27%
Good idea, but they don't need official support
20%
I don't care
14%
Bad idea, but no reason to do anything against them
10%
Horrible idea, ban them!
29%

Total votes: 49
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: webcam.now.im (spying)

Post by Frost »

.:WildX:. wrote:
kook wrote:i'm not sure what official support meant myself. There was a word the tmw team would host the webcam themselves. Presumably to deal with privacy issues. I guess it meant the ignore list would be safer with them than with me.
The webcams could have used some heavenly touches from GMs. Respawning them after a disconnect was no fun.
@hide and @invisible commands would have been nice as well
Guild bot, Auctionbot, and ManaMarket have official blessing from GMs and admins, after much discussion and negotiating with the authors.
Confused Tree seems generally liked but has no official blessing.
Even in this thread, the "webcams" were controversial. I'm not sure they were close to getting official support.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

kook wrote:i'm not sure what official support meant myself. There was a word the tmw team would host the webcam themselves. Presumably to deal with privacy issues. I guess it meant the ignore list would be safer with them than with me.
The webcams could have used some heavenly touches from GMs. Respawning them after a disconnect was no fun.
I also heard someone suggest that TMW could host a "webcam" type thing. That went off into conversation about what benefit, if any, the webcams offer. If there was agreement on that, I never heard it.

Guild bot, Auctionbot, and ManaMarket have official blessing from GMs and admins, after much discussion and negotiating with the authors.
Even in this thread, the "webcams" were controversial. I'm not sure they were close to getting official support.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Frost wrote:
I also heard someone suggest that TMW could host a "webcam" type thing. That went off into conversation about what benefit, if any, the webcams offer. If there was agreement on that, I never heard it.

Friendly bot status should always come with with a few @commands, most bots can benefit from hiding commands a lot, as well as auto-ban protection.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

cody wrote:I had not voted, because I expected that the spy cams would disapear after a while. I was right. Now that this thread got necroed without reason I vote for banning them.
The necro is harmless and the reason for it is that obviously kook wants to keep discussing this topic.
SudoPlatypus
Novice
Novice

Post by SudoPlatypus »

If webcam bot had even fuller bot abilities, like roaming around on its own (rather than being stationary), that would make its broadcasts more interesting. It would be funny seeing people running away from it :alt-5:
The Mouboo was. The Mouboo is. The Mouboo ever shall be. Drop candies and rejoice.
Most leveled character: Qwerty Dragon is 99