Wiki: rewriting the magic page

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Wiki: rewriting the magic page

Post by Cassy »

As I think that the current magic page is pretty outdated and doesn't contain the necessary information newbies should get while also unnecessary information is listed I rewrote it.
I'd love to hear the opinion of some experienced players.
Is there something else that should be mentioned?
Are there things I should write different?
Please tell me what you think and look at it from the eyes of a total beginner.

For example I deleted the whole NPC part as this is really unnecessary information.
You get this part at the Spells page or the Magic Quests (I'll rewrite them next by the way), also we will change the NPC category in the wiki anyway so there will be an overview.
Also I changed the "Helpful items" section and hope the overview is better now.
...and many other things :D

Please give me some feedback :wink:

Edit: Forgot to mention that I will add some more images so it looks better.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
thusmark
Peon
Peon

Re: Wiki: rewriting the magic page

Post by thusmark »

I've noticed that the Rose Hat is neither mentioned in this page nor in Item Reference. Considering that this quest is comparitively new, is it going to be added at some later date?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

thusmark wrote:I've noticed that the Rose Hat is neither mentioned in this page nor in Item Reference. Considering that this quest is comparitively new, is it going to be added at some later date?
It's a wiki. It will be added when some user feels like adding it. You, maybe?

Keeping a wiki up-to-date is everyones responsibility.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
mas886
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mas886 »

I like that magic page, it's some more easy to understand.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

thusmark wrote:I've noticed that the Rose Hat is neither mentioned in this page nor in Item Reference. Considering that this quest is comparitively new, is it going to be added at some later date?
Ah, thanks!

You were asking about how to learn working with the wiki in the other thread, do you maybe want to take this as an example?
If yes, please register there and wait for the admins to activate your account.
Then I'll show you how.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Fortunato
Novice
Novice

Post by Fortunato »

Looks great! :alt-7:
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

I haven't seen something you may have forgotten. Though, I don't know every single item...

I think your page is more accurate to describe our current magic system. You've added relevant things I have been asked about many times from new players, and deleted irrevelant ones, considering you are not dealing with magic in general.

Edit : I had forgotten a final word : In my opinion, your page looks great ! :lol: