White Slimes are kiiilling me - i think??

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
CoreCoreCore
Peon
Peon

White Slimes are kiiilling me - i think??

Post by CoreCoreCore »

I have the Battle Log Tab open half the time, but as i battle White Slimes i do not see their damages to me recorded, though i die. Do the White Slimes have a special attack? [Nivalis]
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: White Slimes are kiiilling me - i think??

Post by wushin »

Yeah, it's a suicide attack.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

All suicide attacks cause "invisible" damage, so not only from White Slimes, but also from Slime Blasts, Lightning Balls and Bees (hope I didn't forget one).
The caskets traps in the crypt cause a not visual damage too btw.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
CoreCoreCore
Peon
Peon

Post by CoreCoreCore »

All your posts were very helpful, i found this on the Wiki:

"When you attack one of them without killing it immediately, other White Slimes in this [sic the] area will come to [sic at] you for [sic to] self destruct. The damage caused by self destruct isn't shown as a number on the battle screen. It is hidden, so you often don't [sic don't often] realize you got [sic you have gotten] hurt and maybe even die surprisingly [sic and you may die by surprise]."

The Mana World has some well developed points in it, some very original, and it may be a massive effort to code and script, but i hope the development & production teams keeping going! =)
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

Skill damage is reported to the client. A while ago I altered the skill damage report function in clif.c to send it as normal damage to the client, with the intent that this would be reverted once all supported clients handled the skill damage packet.

Looking at current master, clif.cpp seems to send the old skill packet. Does anyone have any idea what happened here?

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Freeyorp101 wrote: Looking at current master, clif.cpp seems to send the old skill packet. Does anyone have any idea what happened here?
No. I haven't touched the combat system yet, I'm kind of scared to.

Are you sure it ever got merged? There's not much in the commit log that talks about "damage", and none of it looks like it.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.