Moving Tutorial to Candor and Closer to Hurnscald [Test]

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Moving Tutorial to Candor and Closer to Hurnscald [Test]

Post by wushin »

:alt-8: Correct on both accounts.I can get those fixed thanks for posting.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
ginosuper
Novice
Novice

Post by ginosuper »

Beautiful design and a great area for newbies to explore. I say yes :)
Meicchi
Novice
Novice

Post by Meicchi »

Hello, first post here. I'm still new to the game but I think I can talk one or two things about this testing set. I found it to be very helpful for newcomers (what I'm saying I'm a newcomer :alt-8: ), it tooks a lot of time nowadays to explore and finish the quests in Tulim, I just brought my girlfriend to play with me and if I didn't come first and played the whole stuff she would end dizzier than she already was at first. Candor Island made it practical and easier to teach about the whole mechanics.

For instance, two observations: Tanisha still has that option "... what to do in Tulimshar?" that is now all outplaced (not even Bernard is on the bazaar anymore - does he exists at all?). And about the Tulim quest dynamics I think that it has something broken with Lieutenant Dausen's requisite for the mine quest; I've done all the possible quests in there but he still does not advance to the quest for Cactus Drinks and so on.

By now this is all I've got :alt-3:
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

Well I have tried this a bit, and have several comments :
  • A quest log is truly missing. Two friends of mine tried the game some years ago, and they have stopped mainly because of that. Nearly every single game I have played has a quest log, or is linear enough to avoid it. An excellent addition of this would be an interactive minimap, showing quest-relevant NPCs and such... I bet you will understand me. :wink:
  • If possible may the bug bomb location be random ? That is useless, I know, but it could be fun ? :)
  • #confringo consumes way too many mana points !!! How could a new player be interested in becoming mage with such a mana cost ! :shock:
  • About travelers : a simple close option in their dialogue could be nice no ? I personnally play mainly with the keyboard, it would avoid me and potetial other players to have to pick their mouse or trackpad to close the window...
Of course, I always have some greetings :
  • I had fallen in love with this new Candor island, but this new Tulimshare is definitely... sublime ! :D Generally speaking, I am all for reducing map sizes ! Giant maps are great, but only when there is content on it... Much space without special monsters zones, or particular things to do are useless to me, in only contributes to travel length. This way, concentrating NPCs in Tulimshare, Candor and Hurnscald, the game appears much more animated ! :P
  • This new Mana Bug is definitely lovely. :oops:
Well, I am really all for it. Later on, I will try to investigate some potential map errors. The new maps make the game much much more alive and prettier in my opinion. I would like to congratulate developers for this, I think it is amazing ! :alt-3:
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

Meicchi wrote:[...]For instance, two observations: Tanisha still has that option "... what to do in Tulimshar?" that is now all outplaced (not even Bernard is on the bazaar anymore - does he exists at all?). [...]
I have seen Bernard somewhere, I think it was in Hurnscald's Inn (near Kfahr I think) ! :wink:
Meicchi
Novice
Novice

Post by Meicchi »

Kazenawa wrote:I have seen Bernard somewhere, I think it was in Hurnscald's Inn (near Kfahr I think) ! :wink:
Next to Olana, right. My bad I didn't enter there before :? Thanks Kazenawa :)

Still, after finding him all the problem with Dausen is over. But this is not a weird way to go through now that the NPC are at different cities, still having the same dependencies?
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

I was thinking about removing all the Mine Quest Pre-Reqs considering we don't have a decent quest log and I did break the whole team up.

Yeah, check the dialogue I shuffled quite a bit of the NPCs to reflect their change in location.

I agree Confringo consumes too many mana points but I'm really looking for a nice formula that scales with both Level and Strength of a Wand. Open to any math people through at me for it.

As for the Travelers

Code: Select all

"I'm not interested.", L_TravelNo;
Everyone in TMW has been asking for Quest Log forever. We at least made progress mapping out some of the quest states to hints. As no one really did any work to make the text and set-up for a Quest Log, but yes, Quest Log is high priority. But it also is a lot like the NPC distance thing, someone has to do a lot of manual effort to create it, but slowly by slowly we've been working on it.

I'm currently working on Lt. Dausen or as I like to call him Lt. Dan.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

I noticed a map error at 029-1, 91, 69.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

ok, updated.

Lt. Dausen of Tulimshar starts without any pre-reqs. By the time someone new makes it to Tulimshar,
they should be experienced enough to start questing and with the NPCs split now it seems silly.

I updated the dialogue between Mikhail and Bernard to better point to who you should help.

P.S. More Alive was exactly what I was going for. As it should plop most new people into Hurnscald as well.
Which we know has a lot of butts in it often.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Fixed tile error.
Altus Institute
Novice
Novice

Post by Altus Institute »

Hi,

I have tested from the begining until Kylian quest. I have lv 10 now.

I have noticed these :

CANDOR ISLAND

- Tanisha : 2 times in the dialogue you can find this.
"our uncle sitting at the counter knows a spell to help the younglings reset their stats.
He also knows of mage with even more powerful spells."
and later...."He also knows of mage with even more powerful reset."

- With Hasan the bully.
It is just not possible to Kaan to through a scorpion, because he is too far from Hasan, and there is a hill between them.
And Hasan or Scared man give nothing Oo or i miss it, why not one of them give a cotton short?

- Ayasha : from the hide and seek quest.
We dont know how many ppl to find....can you add something like : you have to find 5 ppl?

- Morgan : the mage tell us two spells : #confringo + #confringo cast
what is the difference between?
Just one spell was good imo.

HURNSCALD

- Banu : why she is in hurnscald? In case of you want to keep her in hurns why put her near Hinnack? There is lot of place to put her. (below i give idea to find a place for her)

- Ayasha mentioned Mikhail, i dont find Mikhail in hurns, perhaps i miss it.

- Olana (rossy quest) is in vacation, why she is in a cellar?
There is empty room upstairs or upstairs in Airlia house (mayor's house?)

- Bernard is near Olana in a cellar to prepare his soup oO?? I dont want to taste it =p
(i give idea where to put bernard below, imo)

- Trader is 2gp now, thought was free?
And like the entertainer, no need to learn from them the basic skill anymore.
And the trader dont match, imo, with hurns mood, because of is outfit. Seems designed for desert not for a town in the wood.

TULIMSHAR

- Eurni have a room oO?? This guys is designed to be in the street, behind a corner, not in a luxury room.
Malivox, Neko and (someone =p) are still in the street oO??
At this place (maps 001-1.tmx 111,104)(where Malivox is), you can create little garden with some trees and flowers and move Banu here instead her place in hurns with Hinnack. There is still a well and a place to buy a knife near her.
And put Neko, Inar and Malivox in proper place.
Malivox deserve a place in the castle or you can use the houses (114,82) and (114, 63) in tulim for them, its near Adrian on the dock.

- you can put Gladys instead Michel and Michel instead Swezanne.
Why?
Gladys is the gossip girl of the town she is too far from the main road.
Swezanne dialogue is totally wrong.

- The gy in tulim (map 001-1.tmx 85,94) could be out of the wall.

- Imec (map 002-2.tmx 37,74), in his dialogue you can find this :
"...if you bring it to the government building, near the bazaar, i'll give you a small reward"
There is no more bazaar.

- Kylian mentionned :
*"Bernard on the bazaard make a great soup" : Bernard is in hurns atm.
*"Im going to see the historc building you told me about and try this local soup on the bazaar" : Bernard is in hurns atm.
*"do you know a reputable shop where clothing of high quatlity is sold?"
>"at the market, near the harbor district." Latoy is not here anymore.

- Latoy (maps 002-2.tmx 86,93) sells desert shirt, Silk robe, serf hat Oo, desert hat.
imo, its not the high quality items here....why not put only silk things in?

- Silvia (maps 002-1.tmx 112,49) :
"...you will arrive at the bazaar in southern tulimshar."
"...you will see the wizard academy."
these place doesnt not exist anymore.

- Jeric (maps 002-1.tmx 97,24) :
"...fight monsters in Sandstorm mine."
this place doesnt not exist anymore.

- in the castle (maps 001-2.tmx 113,93), its a kitchen !!!
why not put Bernard here?
Atm Bernard is in a cellar in hurnscald's inn to prepare his soup and several dialogue mention it at tulim and not at hurns (see Kylian part up here).

- Same for Heathin, he works for the wizard council, and here (maps 001-2.tmx 114,77) in the castle (between the place with sandra and tondar, and the kitchen), imo, its a better place in agree with his work.
And you just have to move Mjolnir at his actual place (maps 001-2.tmx 23,56).

- Why Inac (maps 002-1.tmx 65,45) is not at Cyndala place (maps 001-1.tmx 51,82)?
Near her there is a well and sewer entrance.

- Jessie, reset stats until lv9, after need to see Malivox.
Elanore (tulim) heal until lv11, and the nurse (hurns hospital) until lv15 or 20.
Perhaps is possible to put the same lv to stop helping the younglings.

Imo, put in houses the npc who helps (Malivox, shop...).
and let in street npc who just give informations (Inac, Swezanne...).
Banu will be good in street, in a place with some grass, tree and flower, its for that i have propose to create a little garden inside the tulimshar walls, something like Central Park in NY).
Same, David seems not at a good place. We come to find a teacher in magic, not someone with nothing agreed with his quest in his room.

EDIT : Just forget to say its a great job, i dont looked for something, i just start and play as if im a new player, and its really good.
Ofc after i checked dialogue to find error.
But the Begining area in Candor is just smart. And the island is really cool.

Hope this would help.
And some things are just In My Opinion.

ty
Last edited by Altus Institute on 22 Dec 2014, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
GozUer
Peon
Peon

Post by GozUer »

Spoiler:
Altus Institute wrote:Hi,

I have tested from the begining until Kylian quest. I have lv 10 now.

I have noticed these :

CANDOR ISLAND

- Tanisha : 2 times in the dialogue you can find this.
"our uncle sitting at the counter knows a spell to help the younglings reset their stats.
He also knows of mage with even more powerful spells."
and later...."He also knows of mage with even more powerful reset."

- With Hasan the bully.
It is just not possible to Kaan to through a scorpion, because he is too far from Hasan, and there is a hill between them.
And Hasan or Scared man give nothing Oo or i miss it, why not one of them give a cotton short?

- Ayasha : from the hide and seek quest.
We dont know how many ppl to find....can you add something like : you have to find 5 ppl?

- Morgan : the mage tell us two spells : #confringo + #confringo cast
what is the difference between?
Just one spell was good imo.

HURNSCALD

- Banu : why she is in hurnscald? In case of you want to keep her in hurns why put her near Hinnack? There is lot of place to put her. (below i give idea to find a place for her)

- Ayasha mentioned Mikhail, i dont find Mikhail in hurns, perhaps i miss it.

- Olana (rossy quest) is in vacation, why she is in a cellar?
There is empty room upstairs or upstairs in Airlia house (mayor's house?)

- Bernard is near Olana in a cellar to prepare his soup oO?? I dont want to taste it =p
(i give idea where to put bernard below, imo)

- Trader is 2gp now, thought was free?
And like the entertainer, no need to learn from them the basic skill anymore.
And the trader dont match, imo, with hurns mood, because of is outfit. Seems designed for desert not for a town in the wood.

TULIMSHAR

- Eurni have a room oO?? This guys is designed to be in the street, behind a corner, not in a luxury room.
Malivox, Neko and (someone =p) are still in the street oO??
At this place (maps 001-1.tmx 111,104)(where Malivox is), you can create little garden with some trees and flowers and move Banu here instead her place in hurns with Hinnack. There is still a well and a place to buy a knife near her.
And put Neko, Inar and Malivox in proper place.
Malivox deserve a place in the castle or you can use the houses (114,82) and (114, 63) in tulim for them, its near Adrian on the dock.

- you can put Gladys instead Michel and Michel instead Swezanne.
Why?
Gladys is the gossip girl of the town she is too far from the main road.
Swezanne dialogue is totally wrong.

- The gy in tulim (map 001-1.tmx 85,94) could be out of the wall.

- Imec (map 002-2.tmx 37,74), in his dialogue you can find this :
"...if you bring it to the government building, near the bazaar, i'll give you a small reward"
There is no more bazaar.

- Kylian mentionned :
*"Bernard on the bazaard make a great soup" : Bernard is in hurns atm.
*"Im going to see the historc building you told me about and try this local soup on the bazaar" : Bernard is in hurns atm.
*"do you know a reputable shop where clothing of high quatlity is sold?"
>"at the market, near the harbor district." Latoy is not here anymore.

- Latoy (maps 002-2.tmx 86,93) sells desert shirt, Silk robe, serf hat Oo, desert hat.
imo, its not the high quality items here....why not put only silk things in?

- Silvia (maps 002-1.tmx 112,49) :
"...you will arrive at the bazaar in southern tulimshar."
"...you will see the wizard academy."
these place doesnt not exist anymore.

- Jeric (maps 002-1.tmx 97,24) :
"...fight monsters in Sandstorm mine."
this place doesnt not exist anymore.

- in the castle (maps 001-2.tmx 113,93), its a kitchen !!!
why not put Bernard here?
Atm Bernard is in a cellar in hurnscald's inn to prepare his soup and several dialogue mention it at tulim and not at hurns (see Kylian part up here).

- Same for Heathin, he works for the wizard council, and here (maps 001-2.tmx 114,77) in the castle (between the place with sandra and tondar, and the kitchen), imo, its a better place in agree with his work.
And you just have to move Mjolnir at his actual place (maps 001-2.tmx 23,56).

- Why Inac (maps 002-1.tmx 65,45) is not at Cyndala place (maps 001-1.tmx 51,82)?
Near her there is a well and sewer entrance.

- Jessie, reset stats until lv9, after need to see Malivox.
Elanore (tulim) heal until lv11, and the nurse (hurns hospital) until lv15 or 20.
Perhaps is possible to put the same lv to stop helping the younglings.

Imo, put in houses the npc who helps (Malivox, shop...).
and let in street npc who just give informations (Inac, Swezanne...).
Banu will be good in street, in a place with some grass, tree and flower, its for that i have propose to create a little garden inside the tulimshar walls, something like Central Park in NY).
Same, David seems not at a good place. We come to find a teacher in magic, not someone with nothing agreed with his quest in his room.

Hope this would help.
And some things are just In My Opinion.

ty
Altus... WOW.... how much time you took to check all that! O_O
i Vote Altus for Dev! great friend of mine and very good ManaWorld knowledge!
««« Main: GozUer - Lv.95 Rage Warrior / Bansheer »»» ««« Alt: GozUer. - Lv.74 Speed Warrior »»»
««« S-Alt: ***** Lv.7* "Good Path" »»» ««« Shop: **** Lv.255 Brawler »»»

Info: Selling [Guy Fawkes Mask] Accepting any offers. Ask MMH$ for +Info.

Have you heard about MMH$ Shop? Check it out! -> [Shop Link] <-
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Alright, I'm not completely through yet, but here some points:

At the beginning:
  • Sorfina mentions the Soul Menhirs we she hands out the Hitchhiker's Towel but as a newbie you have no idea what a Soul Menhir is. Also IMO Candor City should have a Soul Menhir.
  • In Tanisha's dialogue the keys are described oddly, e.g. "Press a JB4 to focus on a monster. With x JB1...."
  • 100 Sling Bullets are far too few, let's have around 500 but also slightly decreasing the DMG for Sling Shot
  • Valon: "...I should know I gaurd this gate..."
  • Scared Man: "... Wait till I tell the gaurds about this..."
  • About Vincent's 10 Bug Legs: I agree 10 Bugs Legs are hard but you get sick 1.000 GP for that quest and you need that money to get a better weapon at the shop
  • I'm all for decreasing HP (and therefore also EXP) of Pinkies since it takes ages to kill them as noob (but also slightly increase required Pink Antennae in Hinnak Quest to not make that quest too easy)
  • Banu: Increasing rewards as they've always been a joke
But seriously, I so much love this new tutorial!
It's far, far better than the one we have now.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Meicchi wrote:Hello, first post here. I'm still new to the game but I think I can talk one or two things about this testing set. I found it to be very helpful for newcomers (what I'm saying I'm a newcomer :alt-8: )
The big advantage of a new player giving feedback is that you see things older players are too familiar with so they are too "blind" to see them.
Your feedback is very important to us too, so thanks to you (and everyone else of course) :D
Altus Institute wrote: And Hasan or Scared man give nothing Oo or i miss it, why not one of them give a cotton short?
I like that idea :alt-3:
Altus Institute wrote: - Ayasha mentioned Mikhail, i dont find Mikhail in hurns, perhaps i miss it.
He is north-east of Hurnscald, right above Georg.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Altus Institute
Novice
Novice

Post by Altus Institute »

Between my first post in this thread and now all price for the traveler have changed.
I dont know if its normal, but i found the reduced price better, because nobody use the traveler, they are too much expensive.

- Elijas (map 030-2 tmx 87,41)
"do you need any help this year?"
"mmh, nothing i have to go".
If you choose : i have to go, you can enter the mansion, its not normal, you must find yourself out the house because you have to go.
Where is the option : "im here for Christmas"? who allows players to enter in Xmas mansion?

- Orum's homunculus (maps 030-3 tmx 28,28)
Perhaps you have to switch the place between him and the npc "SmallCrack" (maps 030-3 tmx 100,50), because you have change the place of the mansion and Orum seems just under it.

- lol a new place for the blue sage house, nice place =D

- lol we can go to nivalis with our feet now, fabulous, that give access to a map i dont really use full of wolfes.

- can you check the spells in the old wizard house because i talk twice to the pachua's spell to move there. Perhaps its nothing or just a lag.

- Why not wake up from the instant death in a bed?
That not means we are recover all our strenght but seems better to wake up in a bed than like that on our feet in the middle of nowhere.
That means, put a house near Alice, open the house behind Oscar, wake in old wizard house, open a house in farmstead, put some house in nivalis highfield....

ty