Banshee user - Need some tips

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Gajah
Peon
Peon

Banshee user - Need some tips

Post by Gajah »

Now i got my banshee bow and heart of isis, but i still not good to use it. Please give me some tips about:

1) Stat build
2) Heal items (which one is good and cheap)

:alt-0: thx
Meicchi
Novice
Novice

Re: Banshee user - Need some tips

Post by Meicchi »

Well I'm not the experienced one since I'm too newbie for banshee yet but I used to test and stuff...

Stats: Once you've done with max DEX and AGI (these are the important things, you know, and don't be worried to attack fast), there are just more two you could care about:

VIT does a lot for your HP when you have Heart of Isis; As you'll loss 150 HP for equipping Banshee you may like to have a boost. Something between 30 and 40 must do (40 grants you 680 HP which is quite surviving, plus a neat recovery rate (35 per tick, which means it would recovery 250 HP in 7 ticks)).

Now LUK, good luck indeed. If you chose 40 VIT you can go up to 50 LUK which is a good amount for a class in which the goal is not being touched. For Illia and such you would need circa 70 for avoiding crits; So you could choose only leveling LUK but it's not a great idea for what you'll get about 480 HP and a little recovery rate (like, 6 HP per tick).

For healing: seriously talking the cheapest and effective would be pressing C key when you feel in need with these stats, which means: #lum. Lifestones are cheap and #lum can heal something like 315 HP at once on this build. But of course that if you have a buddy mage and some herbs is convenient brewing some medium pots or if you're okay with money it could be simply chicken legs. But #manpahil and some bug legs is something invincible for healing costs.
Find me in-game:
  • * Puncake (main) - light path mage, lv 79, she is actually a pumpkin
    * Meicchi (retired?) - slow speed archer, eternal lv 70 and Ginny's bastard twin
    * Fluttersly - rage warrior, lv 58, knows no jokes and has a mane
Brazilian Portuguese translation coordinator - Make part! / Faça parte!
https://www.transifex.com/organization/akaras/dashboard
https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Pt:Main_Page
Spoiler:
Yes, imma noob.
Cassy's official fan-clubber
Gajah
Peon
Peon

Post by Gajah »

Thanks for tips. I will test it in testing server. :alt-7:
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

For me it's about the critical hits. They are undodgable and deal extreme damage even if your attack is low. So I bump DEX to the bare minimum and put the rest into AGI and LUK. I also use the Speed skill. Faster attack = more crits. Having high AGI and LUK also make you much harder to hit, so you don't need as much VIT.

VIT is a bit tough. Depends how you play. You want it to end in 0 or 5 or you're sort of wasting your stats points..

Get a mage friend to make you lots of large healing potions. load up on iron and concentration potions. Don't forget a few points of STR so you can carry all that junk around along with a good load of arrows. Travel light on other equipment(hats?) if you can. Obtain the Heart of Isis as soon as possible.
Head of the TMW Illuminati
Gajah
Peon
Peon

Post by Gajah »

Thx for the tips. But Banshee is steal health, how to handle that with low vit?
Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

This build for my level 99 Banshee Archer (with the Heart of Isis and the Speed Skill) may be considered unconventional by some, but it suits me fine so I am including it here:

Strength: 1
Agility: 50 (45 + 5)
Vitality: 85
Intelligence: 1
Dexterity: 100 (97 + 3)
Luck: 70

With the lower Agility, health is drained much more slowly. This, along with the higher Vitality and Heart of Isis, allows me to survive on lifestones alone, and even be able to heal other players. In addition, the particular combination of Agility (50) and Dexterity (100) can freeze lady skeletons, yetis, zombies, and terranites. For a boost, I sometimes add iron potion, but not concentration, since that would throw off the timing for the freeze.

Good luck with your banshee, Gajah!
Meicchi
Novice
Novice

Post by Meicchi »

Rill wrote:This build for my level 99 Banshee Archer (with the Heart of Isis and the Speed Skill) may be considered unconventional by some, but it suits me fine so I am including it here:

Strength: 1
Agility: 50 (45 + 5)
Vitality: 85
Intelligence: 1
Dexterity: 100 (97 + 3)
Luck: 70

With the lower Agility, health is drained much more slowly. This, along with the higher Vitality and Heart of Isis, allows me to survive on lifestones alone, and even be able to heal other players. In addition, the particular combination of Agility (50) and Dexterity (100) can freeze lady skeletons, yetis, zombies, and terranites. For a boost, I sometimes add iron potion, but not concentration, since that would throw off the timing for the freeze.

Good luck with your banshee, Gajah!
Found it to be a nice precision build, Rill :)
Find me in-game:
  • * Puncake (main) - light path mage, lv 79, she is actually a pumpkin
    * Meicchi (retired?) - slow speed archer, eternal lv 70 and Ginny's bastard twin
    * Fluttersly - rage warrior, lv 58, knows no jokes and has a mane
Brazilian Portuguese translation coordinator - Make part! / Faça parte!
https://www.transifex.com/organization/akaras/dashboard
https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Pt:Main_Page
Spoiler:
Yes, imma noob.
Cassy's official fan-clubber
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

Mada,
Read archer page in wiki. It explains about banshee stat distribution. As a banshee user, don't disgrace the holy weapon by lowering the agility. 100 Dex, 98 agility and 75 vit are my choices. For starters 100 dex, 60 vit and rest in agility. You can actually heal yourself quite comfortably with life stones while fighting. As you also have heart, you will heal faster. Don't use forest armor. Use sorcerer robe. I heal most of the times with life stones. Also don't put any points in str now. Carry light. Most of the times 6000 arrows are enough. You can do 3 krukan run with 6000 arrows. If you want to heal faster, use chicken legs. Its always best to have at least 50-80 chicken legs in inventory. I use a combination of chicken legs and lifestones in krukan runs. While fighting alone in crypt or yetis, I only use lifestones. By the way I recover up to 400-500hp with life stones in 10sec approximately. My magic attack is 120. I'm thinking of even putting some points in int. Its worth it.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Adding my stats as well:

Agi: 75, Vit: 75, Dex: 99, rest 1, Level 92
Works fine for levelling up fast without spending too much money and time for healing :alt-3:

Healing with #lum and Chicken Legs.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

Meicchi wrote:Found it to be a nice precision build, Rill :)
Thank you, Meicchi.
Gajah
Peon
Peon

Post by Gajah »

:alt-0: wow lot of tips here, then i think everyone have their style. So i'll try one by one (in the testing server of course) and choice which one is best for my style. :alt-6: and btw thanks all.

Oh, and my stat i still use now is:

str:1
agi:90=85+5
vit:60
int:10
dex:100=97+3
luk:1

But still need a lot of heal items :alt-=:
Celestia
Peon
Peon

Post by Celestia »

Gajah,

Talk to me the next time you see me on in game. As an archer (both forest and banshee) I have always brought in more in drops than I have shot out in arrows and food, so to be quite honest I struggle to understand why so many people think being a banshee archer is a money pit. Maybe it is just that my fighting style is different than most archers, but I am willing to work with you to figure out how to cut down on your overhead.

Celestia
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

Gajah wrote:Now i got my banshee bow and heart of isis, but i still not good to use it. Please give me some tips about:

1) Stat build
2) Heal items (which one is good and cheap)

:alt-0: thx
100 dex, 20 luck, 60+ vit, the rest doesn't really matter.
Heal with #lum.

---
Travolta