The Shibe World

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Turupawn
Newly Registered User

The Shibe World

Post by Turupawn »

We just released a Manaworld fork with dogecoin interaction. Every character has a wallet and can make doge transactions.
Web site:
http://dogefun.com/theshibeworld

About dogecoin:
http://dogecoin.com

This holydays we'll make more features, quests, npcs and maps. I hope this project can unite two projects that I really like ^^
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: The Shibe World

Post by AnonDuck »

That's actually really neat. I kind of like it!

Constructive criticism:

The code in atcommand_doge is pretty scary. I like how you use the filesystem to avoid calling system() with any user-supplied arguments except the character name, but ideally you shouldn't be calling system() at all. check out the unlink() function to get rid of those rm commands for example. You can further remove system() calls by setting up a cron task to run every minute with a script that reads the needed files to make transactions. Please be careful, doge is "money" and you don't want someone's wallet emptied.

I didn't check but I hope you don't allow any special letters like | or ' or ` in the character names on your server.. Or you may have an even bigger problem..
Head of the TMW Illuminati
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Ref here: https://github.com/themanaworld/tmwa-se ... a.conf#L35

WIth the default config file we ship, it allows everything but double-quote, hash, colon, square brackets, and curly braces.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Turupawn
Newly Registered User

Post by Turupawn »

Sorry I didn't read the replies until now :oops:
Thanks so much for all your help! The following updates were made:
* The server now accepts only alphanumeric characters in the character name while we find a way to not call system.
* We patched the server data to new version of Tulimshar.
* We temporary removed the moon because I could not fix some issues during the patch.
* We made a small crowdfunding on reddit and we got 16k for the server.
* Accidentally I put all the encrypted passwords public on github (yes, I did that, silly me I'm sorry :oops: :oops: :oops:) I removed it now so please update all your passwords and if you have the same passwords on TMW please update them too.
* Since October, I've been developing too much and have not been playing the game. So we now have a calendar:
- Friday we play
- Sunday we dev
- If everything goes fine, Monday we patch

Did I say I LOVE the new Tulimshar?
Turupawn
Newly Registered User

Post by Turupawn »

Hi guys!
I just wanted to let you guys know that The Shibe World will be down for an undefined amount of time. The reason is because I could not keep paying the server (for now). Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for all the support!