Ftr

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Ftr

Post by prsm »

I wanna come clean here on the forum page.

I have been a GM for over 5 years.

Since day one, when I perma banned a player, or blocked a player ...I always go back to the GM team and discuss if I was out of line or doing the right thing. I never assume I know it all. Having said that, we have to deal with real life so sometimes those talks happen quick, sometimes it takes a few days.

I banned crust yesterday, for afk bottling, while in conversation with mrgrey, octer and Wildx, crust raged quit. We has a GM team had not formally concluded the talks but we were close. Crust took that desicion out of our hands when he quit.

I will accept reasonable discussions to this, all else will be deleted.

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Amarynthus
Novice
Novice

Re: Ftr

Post by Amarynthus »

prsm wrote:I will accept reasonable discussions to this, all else will be deleted.
Thanks for opening this. As noted in game, I'm like to advocate on MegaMaster's behalf.

I don't know the circumstances of the event that led to the ban, but I'd be happy to accept that he may have been AFK botting. While I personally find that practice silly and worthy of a ban, I'm not sure whether it has historically led to a ban of the character, or a ban of the player and all of their characters as it has this time. If it's the former, I'd like to appeal to let MegaMaster and his other alts return to the game while - perhaps - the player Crust remain banned.

As far as I know (which admittedly may not be very far) this is the first infraction for Mega and/or his alts. I don't see reason to believe he has a pattern of abusing this game. I do see a history of him being a good and helpful player. If he was botting, there should indeed be a punshment for that, but perhaps not banning his entire account from the game.

I do think Mega/Crust reacted poorly to the whole situation and may have burried any chance he had of an appeal and if that's how the GMs decide I can't fault them - but I still wanted to raise the appeal on his behalf. He's put a good bit of time into building and leveling a few chars in this game, and has put time into helping other players - I can emphatize with his anger at the thought of having that all taken away - unfortunately he vented it in the wrong direction.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

To my knowledge, this is a first time offence.

If the GM team agrees on the ban, he would be allowed to come back but the alt crust would be reset to level 1 and allowed to keep everything.

The next ban, if it would to occur would result in a Permanent ban of all his Alts.

But once again I have to remind you, crust took it out of our hands when he quit.

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Amarynthus
Novice
Novice

Post by Amarynthus »

That sounds great. I suppose that leaves it in Mega's hands - I hope he'll accept that outcome and stick around.

Thanks.
Micksha
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Micksha »

Thanks for opening this thread Prsm - I can only agree with Amar, and I hope, Mega, you will re-think the situation respectively your (a bit overhasty) reaction and we see you back in TMW soon. Always funny to play with you.