temple development by Axl

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Saphy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Saphy »

The snake and lion head looks strange. I would suggest a dark brown snake decoration shaped like this:

Moreover, the sands on the furniture is over exaggerated. Without strong wind, it cannot reach that high.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

I regards of the sand, no worries, we can change the floor any time for tile, sand, stone or any other material.

Yea the Lion look strange, may be it doesn't fit on this map but as I said I've been working on it forever, heh, I just wanted to show it, just in case somebody want to use it...
Jetryl
Novice
Novice

Post by Jetryl »

AxlTrozz wrote:Yea the Lion look strange, may be it doesn't fit on this map but as I said I've been working on it forever, heh, I just wanted to show it, just in case somebody want to use it...
The lion is probably one of the best looking, and most technically interesting additions to this tileset - it's a breath of fresh air, something I've not seen in this context before. The lion looks cool - it doesn't look strange at all. Honestly, I'm probably going to rip off the technique behind that, and that's the highest praise I can offer. ;)

On a side note, lions are very much appropriate in a desert-like climate, since deserts are often only found in warm tropical areas that would favor the formation of lions.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Jetryl wrote: The lion is probably one of the best looking, and most technically interesting additions to this tileset - it's a breath of fresh air, something I've not seen in this context before. The lion looks cool - it doesn't look strange at all. Honestly, I'm probably going to rip off the technique behind that, and that's the highest praise I can offer. ;)

On a side note, lions are very much appropriate in a desert-like climate, since deserts are often only found in warm tropical areas that would favor the formation of lions.
Jetryl, your comments encourage me to push harder trying to create new things for this game, thank you and feel free to take what you need in order to create your own pixelart
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

This is the final version of the Fountain
I didn't care too much about the top part because most of the time it will be covered by the water

Crush: Could you please help me with the water effect (particle engine) ?
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

Good job on the fountain. :D

If you ever feel like expanding on it, you could make a version that is dried and cracked. It could have a hole in the middle, perhaps where the fountain attachment has fallen through; in the propoer setting, a ruined fountain could be an entrance to a lower area, such as a drainage/sewer system.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

AxlTrozz wrote:Crush: Could you please help me with the water effect (particle engine) ?
Sure. But you should fill the bassin with water. Otherwise it would look very strange when the water particles just disappear when they hit the dry bassin.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

dabe wrote:Good job on the fountain. :D

If you ever feel like expanding on it, you could make a version that is dried and cracked. It could have a hole in the middle, perhaps where the fountain attachment has fallen through; in the propoer setting, a ruined fountain could be an entrance to a lower area, such as a drainage/sewer system.
Thanks, Modify the fountain now is easier because we already have the base, so I added a new layer with cracks and wear so we have now a dried and cracked fountain
leertaste
Peon
Peon

Post by leertaste »

very nice!, but the holes at the top aren't well arranged... i think, it would look better, if it is arranged in a circle :wink:

leertaste
sorry for my bad english =(

AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

leertaste wrote:very nice!, but the holes at the top aren't well arranged... i think, it would look better, if it is arranged in a circle :wink:

leertaste
Yea, may be in the cracked version I need to work a bit in the top because is going to be exposed, but in the normal version is irrelevant since its going to be covered by water
Dave
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dave »

I apologize for the crudeness of this sketch.
That's what I meant about having a hole in the middle, where the top has caved in to the sewers. Players could enter through the big crack in the side.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Crush wrote:
AxlTrozz wrote:Crush: Could you please help me with the water effect (particle engine) ?
Sure. But you should fill the bassin with water. Otherwise it would look very strange when the water particles just disappear when they hit the dry bassin.
Ok, I'll work with the water, I'm already try once but is terrible, anyways I'll post any advance
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

dabe wrote:I apologize for the crudeness of this sketch.
That's what I meant about having a hole in the middle, where the top has caved in to the sewers. Players could enter through the big crack in the side.
Like this ?

Last edited by AxlTrozz on 15 Aug 2010, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The small part looks a bit too good in my opinion.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Crush wrote:The small part looks a bit too good in my opinion.
Could you please be more specific ?