Ok, now this is censorship

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Drmgiver
Peon
Peon

Re: Ok, now this is censorship

Post by Drmgiver »

Vink wrote:Drmgiver, I always thought that you were a nice person, but now, I'm afraid I'm not so sure about that anymore, and that makes me feel sad. :( I don't like to see you talking the way you have been (about nazis and all that) and at risk of being banned. I think you've really over-reacted on this, and that is why they treat you the way they do.

Reading your posts, I get the impression that you feel very mistreated, that you're very upset and that you consider yourself an advocate of the truth. Just remember that we see things in a different light when we are upset or hurt. The truth you see so clearly, while hardly anyone else is able to see it, could be just the colours of your emotions regarding this issue.

Of course it's easy for me to say, but if you try to calm down and see things from the others' point of view, maybe this can be solved. I hope you will seek and find peace, and that I will be able to think of you as a nice person again.

Best wishes,
Vink
The problem with that Vink is this: I am not, have not, and will never be a "nice" guy. I am not politically correct, and I refuse to be polite to someone when a) they haven't earned, or b) (in this case) they lose my respect. Now don't confuse the matter, I do think I am a "good" guy, however those two terms are quite indeed different. Now as for comparisons to Nazism, well, thats just the honest truth, thats the definition, they did whatever they could to shut down any opposing voice, including destroying that voice, which is exactly what they attempted to do to me. As for over-reacting, well, whos over reacted in this situation? Personally I would have to say the people that say "you are a waste of my time, and you can kiss my feet", sorry, but I won't be bending over to do so any time soon Platyna, your not a queen, despite how you might feel about yourself.

As for you seeing me as a nice guy, thank you, but I also don't ever want to be seen as a nice guy, only a good one, and an honest one. I am, and will always continue to be a cold, harsh, and brutally honest man, and thats exactly how I want me to be.
Vink
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Vink »

Drmgiver wrote:Now as for comparisons to Nazism, well, thats just the honest truth, thats the definition, they did whatever they could to shut down any opposing voice, including destroying that voice, which is exactly what they attempted to do to me.
Since when is that the definition? Comparing what they did to nazism, knowing about the holocaust and all that... I can't even call it ridiculous. It's awful and unjust. I'm glad to hear that you're trying to be a good guy, but in my opinion, nice and good are not essentially different.
Drmgiver
Peon
Peon

Post by Drmgiver »

Vink wrote:
Drmgiver wrote:Now as for comparisons to Nazism, well, thats just the honest truth, thats the definition, they did whatever they could to shut down any opposing voice, including destroying that voice, which is exactly what they attempted to do to me.
Since when is that the definition? Comparing what they did to nazism, knowing about the holocaust and all that... I can't even call it ridiculous. It's awful and unjust. I'm glad to hear that you're trying to be a good guy, but in my opinion, nice and good are not essentially different.
All due respect Vink, they are quite different. Cold, harsh, and brutally honest are indeed what you would look for in a good guy. But now what you would ever see in a nice guy. A nice guy would shut up and not stand up for himself. A good guy stands up for what is right.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

*:roll: at Drmgiver*
Crush wrote:You are not really helping your cause with your behavior.
Its rather sad, that message just hasn't gotten through to him.
Pixel Battalion
Vink
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Vink »

Nope, a good guy is honest and stands up for what is right without being cold, harsh or brutal. Same goes for a nice guy. :)
Falcata
Novice
Novice

Post by Falcata »

Drmgiver wrote:
The problem with that Vink is this: I am not, have not, and will never be a "nice" guy. I am not politically correct, and I refuse to be polite to someone when a) they haven't earned, or b) (in this case) they lose my respect. Now don't confuse the matter, I do think I am a "good" guy, however those two terms are quite indeed different. Now as for comparisons to Nazism, well, thats just the honest truth, thats the definition, they did whatever they could to shut down any opposing voice, including destroying that voice, which is exactly what they attempted to do to me. As for over-reacting, well, whos over reacted in this situation? Personally I would have to say the people that say "you are a waste of my time, and you can kiss my feet", sorry, but I won't be bending over to do so any time soon Platyna, your not a queen, despite how you might feel about yourself.

As for you seeing me as a nice guy, thank you, but I also don't ever want to be seen as a nice guy, only a good one, and an honest one. I am, and will always continue to be a cold, harsh, and brutally honest man, and thats exactly how I want me to be.
drmgiver, I think I should point out that regardless of whether or not you respect someone, you still should try to be polite. Even if you hate someone, you should still try to be at least a little bit civil. Insulting people and comparing them to a murderous political party is not polite, civil, or the sort of thing that a good person would do. Also, I've seen what your cause is about. I can't help but say that it is a little ridiculous to want to boycott a game because the developers won't let you cheat.
I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English, a movement for those who believe in capital letters, correct spelling, and good sentence structure.
Drmgiver
Peon
Peon

Post by Drmgiver »

Falcata wrote:
Drmgiver wrote:

drmgiver, I think I should point out that regardless of whether or not you respect someone, you still should try to be polite. Even if you hate someone, you should still try to be at least a little bit civil. Insulting people and comparing them to a murderous political party is not polite, civil, or the sort of thing that a good person would do. Also, I've seen what your cause is about. I can't help but say that it is a little ridiculous to want to boycott a game because the developers won't let you cheat.
Then you ar misinterpreting. My problem is that they are punishing EVERYONE for doing it. Regardless if they cheated or not.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Then you ar misinterpreting. My problem is that they are punishing EVERYONE for doing it. Regardless if they cheated or not.
because the server is broken!!
Pixel Battalion
MrDan
Peon
Peon

Post by MrDan »

yah not punishment but rather a hasty repair. (somewhat lame but necessary rapair)

yah it sucks but really when it comes right down to it THIS IS A GAME!!! Not real life so come what may we are all stuck with the reality that repairs will be made and people will be offended / hurt. Now if my real money starts dissapearing then we all have a very big problem. ;)
Drmgiver
Peon
Peon

Post by Drmgiver »

MrDan wrote:yah not punishment but rather a hasty repair. (somewhat lame but necessary rapair)

yah it sucks but really when it comes right down to it THIS IS A GAME!!! Not real life so come what may we are all stuck with the reality that repairs will be made and people will be offended / hurt. Now if my real money starts dissapearing then we all have a very big problem. ;)

And again I will say.... *THE REPAIR WAS ALREADY MADE!!!!* Thats all that they need to do. They don't need to dock anything, it was their own fault that those things were there. The bugs were their responsibility, not policing anything.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Drmgiver wrote:And again I will say.... *THE REPAIR WAS ALREADY MADE!!!!* Thats all that they need to do. They don't need to dock anything, it was their own fault that those things were there. The bugs were their responsibility, not policing anything.
Dock anything? What does that mean? And how are we punishing everybody? As far as I know we're still trying to make up what to do, and I would certainly be against punishing everybody.
Dr Wahl
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dr Wahl »

*checks current version*

It seems like we are running alpha (correct me if I'm wrong). You should not expect anything that you do in a piece of software that is in such an early state to retain any features that it may have. Also, if you like, you could start your own server and roll a character with whatever attributes you would like. If there is something you do not like about this project, do what an intelligent person would do: fork it.

On another note...

I usually do not respond to posts that have a flame war going on, but I felt I needed to tell you the following. It is fine to not be a polite or politically correct person, but you, good sir, do not seem to have a single ounce of logic in your head. Instead of bitching about what others can do to please you, why don't you try to actually be constructive and come up with an idea that would work, or understand why decisions are made the way they were. The devs have put a TON of work into this software and when people like you come along and complain about everything that is wrong, you do two things. 1) you discourage the developers from continuing development, and 2) you distract the developers from doing work on the project because they have to deal with idiots like you.

These of course are just my opinions, and everyone is welcome to have their own.
Drmgiver
Peon
Peon

Post by Drmgiver »

Bjørn wrote:
Drmgiver wrote:And again I will say.... *THE REPAIR WAS ALREADY MADE!!!!* Thats all that they need to do. They don't need to dock anything, it was their own fault that those things were there. The bugs were their responsibility, not policing anything.
Dock anything? What does that mean? And how are we punishing everybody? As far as I know we're still trying to make up what to do, and I would certainly be against punishing everybody.
You are the ones talking about taking away gold/items/levels arent you? What do you think that is?
Drmgiver
Peon
Peon

Post by Drmgiver »

Dr Wahl wrote:*checks current version*

It seems like we are running alpha (correct me if I'm wrong). You should not expect anything that you do in a piece of software that is in such an early state to retain any features that it may have. Also, if you like, you could start your own server and roll a character with whatever attributes you would like. If there is something you do not like about this project, do what an intelligent person would do: fork it.

On another note...

I usually do not respond to posts that have a flame war going on, but I felt I needed to tell you the following. It is fine to not be a polite or politically correct person, but you, good sir, do not seem to have a single ounce of logic in your head. Instead of bitching about what others can do to please you, why don't you try to actually be constructive and come up with an idea that would work, or understand why decisions are made the way they were. The devs have put a TON of work into this software and when people like you come along and complain about everything that is wrong, you do two things. 1) you discourage the developers from continuing development, and 2) you distract the developers from doing work on the project because they have to deal with idiots like you.

These of course are just my opinions, and everyone is welcome to have their own.
Apparently people still aren't listening. I DON'T CARE THAT BUGS WERE FIXED!....Wait, let me rephrase that.... I DON'T CARE THAT BUGS WERE FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does everyone get that now?????????? Great! The bugs were fixed!!!! Awesome! Yay for alpha version fixing bugs!!!!! What I have a problem with is devs talking about penalizing people, taking away gold/drops/levels when the majority of the people EARNED THEM!!!! Is everyone listening now for God sakes? I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT BUGS THAT WERE FIXED!!!!!
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

And why should we care about you?