I really hate Trade spam

This forum is used to deal with abuse in game - abuse reports, bans etc.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

I really hate Trade spam

Post by Black Don »

958624 trade spaming :evil:
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Dimond
Warrior
Warrior

Re: I really hate Trade spam

Post by Dimond »

Is trade spam even against the rules?
Anyway don you could of always pressed alt t if you wanted the trading to stop... :roll:
Sanga
Novice
Novice

Post by Sanga »

Dimond wrote:Is trade spam even against the rules?
Anyway don you could of always pressed alt t if you wanted the trading to stop... :roll:
If it's not against the rules, it should be. And the fact that there's a work-around for this particular form of spamming does *not* make it ok.

Consider that each time he tried to initiate a trade, a message went from him to the server, and then another from the server to Don. These messages represent bandwidth that's completely wasted. The effect of this one spammer was probably trivial, but if spamming of any sort is not actively suppressed, the number of spammers will tend to increase, and over time the bandwidth wasted on spamming can become a serious issue.

So *any* variety of spamming should be against the rules. Period.
Dimond
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dimond »

wow sanga you sound like a moderater!
You seem so confident ! :o
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Sanga wrote:
Dimond wrote:Is trade spam even against the rules?
If it's not against the rules, it should be. And the fact that there's a work-around for this particular form of spamming does *not* make it ok.

Consider that each time he tried to initiate a trade, a message went from him to the server, and then another from the server to Don. These messages represent bandwidth that's completely wasted. The effect of this one spammer was probably trivial, but if spamming of any sort is not actively suppressed, the number of spammers will tend to increase, and over time the bandwidth wasted on spamming can become a serious issue.

So *any* variety of spamming should be against the rules. Period.
I have wrote: 3. No spamming/flooding (including trade spam).
I love backsitting moderators! :twisted:

Regards.