The new greeting: "Piss off"

This forum is used to deal with abuse in game - abuse reports, bans etc.
Speedo
Peon
Peon

The new greeting: "Piss off"

Post by Speedo »

I'm in the habit as I'm sure most folks over a certain level are, of stopping and helping a newbie collect raw logs, etc. I get more exp points per minute and they get all the drops. Like I need raw logs.

... so, I'm merrily killing sea slimes for the concentration potions they drop. Usually when a newbie shows up, we'll work together, they get the exp points multiplier and I leave all the drops for them. I get the extra exp points. Sometimes I have to explain this to them but they catch on quickly and we both benefit. Tonight was different: here's what happened before I could get words out of my fingers... (sorry for the clunky evidence but it's all I know how to do)
Speedo trys to help
Speedo trys to help
pissoff.JPG (27.7 KiB) Viewed 1568 times
Here's a guy that needs to be taken down a few notches. I hope you will enforce the no abuse policy. This game is too much fun and has too many considerate and helpful players for it to be poisined by the likes of this guy.

Thanks,
Speedo
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: The new greeting: "Piss off"

Post by Matt »

Piss off

And I guess you were drop-stealing.
Speedo
Peon
Peon

Post by Speedo »

Your response is insulting and totally uncalled for! If you actually read my post, in the very first sentence I said it is my habit of helping to kill while leaving all the drops for the newbie. And that is exactly what I intended to do. All the pickups you see in the screen cap are from kills I made before this as***le showed up. At level 71 I hardly have to steal drops from anyone, let alone newbies.

In fact, if you actually play the game and have killed sea slimes, the slimes can steal the drops before anyone else can. The time delay between when one is killed and the player who is credited with the kill prevents stealing drops.

Please, think about your response before you jump to conclusions. If I was stealing, would I actually post a complaint?

PS
Oh, excuse me. I just noticed how your reply begins. Now I get it; you must be Kullora.
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

actually he is our blabbering idiot, please don't pay any attention to him :P
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

Hey speedo,

It's definitely against the rules what that player said. However, in this situation, a GM should warn him to not do it again before he gets banned.
So we can't do much for now.

Katze
Meow! (Katze is also known as Plush & Kater)
Speedo
Peon
Peon

Post by Speedo »

If this is a first offence, a warning is probably in order. It's more than he gave me. He didn't give me a chance to explain that players working together actually earn more exp points. He didn't wait to see if I stole a drop (wihich, as I explained is impossible anyway). Nor did he say anything less offensive initially. "Piss off" came immediately. It's not the offensive language that's the problem, it's the attitude. I'm adult enough to handle rough language. But I think about the 8 and 10 year olds who will encounter this jerk. His attitude is exactly the opposite of what I think this community is about and is trying to foster.

There ought to be something more painful we could do than simply banning... I don't know what it might be. An appology in other, face to face circumstances might help but I think online it's probably wasted.

Please consider that there is a difference between "breaking the rules" and deliberately being aggressive with a poisinous attitude.
z0ro
Novice
Novice

Post by z0ro »

Stop being a baby, if you are seriously disgusted with the attitude you have received on the internet then you should not be on the internet after all. Internet is full of people with many different attitudes and you will often have to deal with them by ignoring them, not whining about it because then you'd look like a fool (example: this thread, writing 3+ paragraphs of bullshit because a person told you to "piss off").
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

EJlol wrote:actually he is our blabbering idiot, please don't pay any attention to him :P
Actually I said the same thing as zor0, just shorter.