[BAN] Angerphile got banned

This forum is used to deal with abuse in game - abuse reports, bans etc.
MasterKenobi
Warrior
Warrior

Re: [BAN] Angerphile got banned

Post by MasterKenobi »

Bjorn is going to talk to Angerphile.

That's all I know at the moment, but as soon as we have an update it will be posted.

MK
Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Melkior already explained what was basically going on. Angerphile had found a way to trade-spam people out of the game, and used this on people that were trolling. This soon got the attention of somebody who wanted to find out who was doing this, so he set up a packet logger and convinced Angerphile he was a troll, and got shot out of the game, with the proof. Doorsman then used this proof as a reason to ban Angerphile, since players are not supposed to kick other players out of the game.

I hope that next time, doorsman will be a bit more informative from the start. It took me a while to figure out what was really going on, and I really hope that we can be a bit more open with each other.

Now my verdict is that obviously Angerphile was breaking the rules. While Angerphile was trying to act in the global good of the community, his methods were unacceptable. Hence I've asked him not to do it again, which he agreed to. He also agreed to patch up the server, to make trade-spamming impossible. His ban will still stand for 5 months, but he will be free to play with other characters.

I hope with this episode behind us, we can maybe focus on solving the actual troll-problem in an acceptable way.
doorsman
Warrior
Warrior

Post by doorsman »

Deleted an irrelevant post from Damis.

Damis, this case needed explanations, so that's why many admins posted in it. No need to remind us that is not a discussion forum, we know that rule.
Still on freenode network #manacentral. On the Web at www.manacentral.net

Patience, Integrity and Truth. A harsh Reality...

doors
karol
Novice
Novice

Post by karol »

have prob use patch?
What madness is this?
What world is this?
Where is Jesus?

Each place a place, every place a rule, every rule a reason, I always respected.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

karol wrote:have prob use patch?
We've patched the server to prevent it.
Nethack
Peon
Peon

Post by Nethack »

Just... i may sound stupid, but what is trolling?
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

If you want to know that, please ask in a different section of the forum - Player Talk or Off topic. I will lock this topic now.
Meow! (Katze is also known as Plush & Kater)