All current GMs suck

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Dark Lord
Warrior
Warrior

Re: All current GMs suck

Post by Dark Lord »

Goku wrote:Maybe because it was approved by Bjorn? And ya it's the same kind of botting as afk botting for xp, haha, good one..

Thats silly, bots being approved ugh see, why was the bot approved to be honest I think bots should be allowed but if Slicer was the only one allowed a bot, well it doesnt seem fair to me
Regards
DarkLord

Dark Lord, DarkLord* In Game and lvl 50 Image

And a beginner pixel-artist :D

Code: Select all

Code? What code?
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Wow
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Inkweaver
Novice
Novice

Post by Inkweaver »

Dark Lord wrote:
Goku wrote:Maybe because it was approved by Bjorn? And ya it's the same kind of botting as afk botting for xp, haha, good one..

Thats silly, bots being approved ugh see, why was the bot approved to be honest I think bots should be allowed but if Slicer was the only one allowed a bot, well it doesnt seem fair to me
You clearly haven't been in the game long enough to understand what the bot Quiz was. It was not a exp bot, or an item bot. It was a special bot that stood around all day in the Hurnscald university and asked you questions and if you answered them correctly it gave you a graduation cap.

This is a friendly bot, not one that is cheating, harvesting exp or items.

So before you talk about things that you don't understand, please do some research. There was nothing wrong with Slicer's bot.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Everyones talking about botting, well Slicer had a bot "Quiz" and did he get banned? Did the BOT even get banned. NO IT DIDNT!!! So GMs can't ban bots if they gave Slicer special treatment.

Botting is only wrong when it gives you an unfair advantage or when it is annoying, the best way to stop bots is not with GMs, but with game design... (add some bloody strategy to the game and a death penalty)
Pixel Battalion
Dark Lord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark Lord »

Inkweaver wrote:
Dark Lord wrote:

You clearly haven't been in the game long enough to understand what the bot Quiz was. It was not a exp bot, or an item bot. It was a special bot that stood around all day in the Hurnscald university and asked you questions and if you answered them correctly it gave you a graduation cap.

This is a friendly bot, not one that is cheating, harvesting exp or items.

So before you talk about things that you don't understand, please do some research. There was nothing wrong with Slicer's bot.
Well excuse me! Jeez OK I agree with you but I am no noob
Regards
DarkLord

Dark Lord, DarkLord* In Game and lvl 50 Image

And a beginner pixel-artist :D

Code: Select all

Code? What code?
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

Dark Lord wrote: I agree with you Len, what makes GMs so special that they get better powers than us just handed to them, its not fair and I'm sure they're corrupt, if I was a GM I'd give items to my friends, who would know, they say they can't spawn items, YES THEY CAN! And so what if a few noobs begg them, its not that hard to type a few words and GMs are rude and think they're sooo great well, they're not.
No, we CANNOT(!) spawn items that is not a lvl 60 GM command but a higher one. GMs are lvl 60 GMs.

And we were chosen since we were trusted not to be corrupt.

Further, every single action with the @... commands are being logged and you can see exactly what each and everyone of us is doing with them.
Meow! (Katze is also known as Plush & Kater)
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Len wrote:
Everyones talking about botting, well Slicer had a bot "Quiz" and did he get banned? Did the BOT even get banned. NO IT DIDNT!!! So GMs can't ban bots if they gave Slicer special treatment.

Botting is only wrong when it gives you an unfair advantage or when it is annoying, the best way to stop bots is not with GMs, but with game design... (add some bloody strategy to the game and a death penalty)
Any botting gives you unfair advantage.

And what the Quiz bot is? It is illegal thing, set against the rules.

Regards.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

"Quiz" the bot did trivia and stood in town waiting for people to approach it and play a quiz game with it. It did not do any killing AFAIK.

[quote="TMW Wiki on "Friendly Bots""]It's possible but not common to run a friendly bot that is fun or useful to players. Friendly bots have to be authorized by Bjørn Lindeijer before they may connect to the server. [/quote]
Current character is "Abolish".
Inkweaver
Novice
Novice

Post by Inkweaver »

Dark Lord wrote: Well excuse me! Jeez OK I agree with you but I am no noob
Sorry, I guess that did come across as a little bit "You're a noob." It just sounded like you were accusing Slicer of botting or something when it was just a quiz service.
Getafix
Novice
Novice

Post by Getafix »

GMs JUST SUCK :wink:
Sometimes, it is better to forgive your foes, this annoys them the most.
bigglesworth
Novice
Novice

Post by bigglesworth »

No, we CANNOT(!) spawn items that is not a lvl 60 GM command but a higher one. GMs are lvl 60 GMs.
If a GM can spawn monsters and the monsters drop items, then the GM's have spawned items.
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

Even though some of us GMs seem to forget it at times:

We must not spawn monsters if we haven't done it as an announced event for everyone.
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

I had forgotten to mention that we can spawn monsters to check if if somebody is botting.