[GHETTOS ANYONE ?] : NO, THANK YOU !

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
blueberry
Novice
Novice

Re: [GHETTOS ANYONE ?] : NO, THANK YOU !

Post by blueberry »

+1 Uber, exactly my opinion too. I added a mantis entry(http://mantis.themanaworld.org/view.php?id=834) about a GM command to announce the English in Public rule in different languages, cos im sure there are many non-english speakers ingame. Unfourtunately the first sarcastic reply came soon;
as Turmfalke said, "If you decide to play a english game, knowing that you don't understand anything at all, it is your fault when you get banned."

So it's the fault of poor/non-educated player (some from poor countries too i guess) who should not to be allowed to play this open-source(free as in freedom) game and it seems to me there are many many players and devs/gms who agree with Falke.

Too bad that this way of thinking is common in most of the "richer societies" - its all about where racism starts...

Discussion please!
The Brao
Peon
Peon

Post by The Brao »

UberKalimero, i'm happy to see you can also make sensefull topics :) .

Blueberry :
Nobody's ever been banned for a non-english speech in public (according to the court house). Posts in the court house are about PLAYERS reporting non-english speakers. Intolerance is not coming from GMs or Devs (remember they aren't all from english-speaking countries) but from the people who are playing TMW. And sadly, there is nothing to do about it.
Gms are repeating again and again they won't ban someone for that reason. Here are some quotes :
Katze wrote:It comes down to speaking English if other people are around who wouldn't understand you when you don't speak English. However, you can ask them if they mind. If they don't: Speak whatever language you want.
And if you directly translate into English what you have been writing in another language, there is no problem, either. :P
Cooperative people who don't speak English at all won't get banned.
And I'd personally encourage good English-speakers to help others from their country who don't understand English!
Delasia wrote:Considering the number of unused areas in buildings, I so no reason why if you want to talk your native tongue that you cant whisper your friends to meet you at a certain place. A good example is the large house in Hurnscald, the upstairs of Cauls shack, there are numerous places in North Tulimshar as well.
[...]
I dont think its necessary to us to dedicate buildings or rooms for specific groups of people. We are a community of diversity, and there is no reason why the facilities we already have in place cannot be used.
Vink wrote:Now concerning your complaint:
When people are punished, the severity of their crime should always be taken into consideration. Speaking other languages is not considered to be nearly as serious as for example botting. That's why a warning is often considered to be enough.
I see no latent xenophobia here ;) .
Known in game as Phelim
Sorry for my english...
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Uber_Kalimero wrote:
blueberry wrote:[...]GM command to announce the English in Public rule in different languages, cos im sure there are many non-english speakers ingame[...]
Using the newcomer language to explain him local usages seems both common-sense and starters-friendly.
The rules NPC that bugs you when you start with a new char does have many common languages.
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

The quote is actually from Jax
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Actually 3 mins, 6:54 to 6:57, and you're just as fast! 6:57 to 7:00 on the dot!
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

The largest countries in the world are in the northern hemisphere. Together, they have a significant percentage of the worlds population.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

A better way to say it is that most people doing development are in northern temperate and higher (farther from the equator) latitudes and are so in the season known as summer. Any objections to that?
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

a fabulous song

why can't we live together
lalalala

Regards

and be serious sometimes ;)
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
Kill3rZ
Novice
Novice

Post by Kill3rZ »

Jumpy wrote:and be serious sometimes ;)
Oh, by all means, don't :D
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Post by Jumpy »

just said also :D sometimes ;) :lol:
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7