How to bring the project back to its previous shape.

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.

Do you agree?

Yep, you were holding this 3 years so you know how.
68%
Nay, I love how it is now.
32%

Total votes: 31
tapion
Novice
Novice

Re: How to bring the project back to its previous shape.

Post by tapion »

zyperz wrote:
tapion wrote:I think tmw now is in racist system.With no GMs people are free to do things(without breaking the rules) but some GMs create rules in moment only to ban the people that they hate.This is worst than racist. :evil:
What sort of rules do they make Tapion.
Dont Steal, Dont Scam, Dont Spam
For example,do you remember when delasia said: Dont make rain in town.Its a rule.That rule wasnt anywhere,not in forums,not in game news etc.I was online when she kicked a friend and said to him:I will ban you if you continue with rain.I think its not a GM job to stop rains.The GMs jobs are to not let people break the rules that are in webpage. But thanks to god delasia in not a GM anymore. :lol:
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

tapion wrote:
zyperz wrote:
tapion wrote:I think tmw now is in racist system.With no GMs people are free to do things(without breaking the rules) but some GMs create rules in moment only to ban the people that they hate.This is worst than racist. :evil:
What sort of rules do they make Tapion.
Dont Steal, Dont Scam, Dont Spam
For example,do you remember when delasia said: Dont make rain in town.Its a rule.That rule wasnt anywhere,not in forums,not in game news etc.I was online when she kicked a friend and said to him:I will ban you if you continue with rain.I think its not a GM job to stop rains.The GMs jobs are to not let people break the rules that are in webpage. But thanks to god delasia in not a GM anymore. :lol:
And thats racist? My "ban brazil players"-rule was racist.
But thats okay because I am german. <--This statement is racist too.

But I don't really think raining is racist. I don't even know what you mean by raining in game, but when you can do it without the need to hack anything and it is not limited by the server or something than banning someone because of it is plain stupid.
zyperz
Peon
Peon

Post by zyperz »

tapion wrote:For example,do you remember when delasia said: Dont make rain in town.Its a rule.That rule wasnt anywhere,not in forums,not in game news etc.I was online when she kicked a friend and said to him:I will ban you if you continue with rain.I think its not a GM job to stop rains.The GMs jobs are to not let people break the rules that are in webpage. But thanks to god delasia in not a GM anymore. :lol:
I remember that there was a big uproar. I remember that she said it wasnt a rule, but it was lagging other players, and deliberating hindering someone elses game was against the rules.
I also remember that because of the uproar they (the DEVs) finally got around to making it impossible to cast rain in town.
Delasia not being a GM might be good or bad....dont know, but everytime someone screamed about her.....something got done to fix the original problem. End justifies the means??
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

zyperz wrote:
tapion wrote:For example,do you remember when delasia said: Dont make rain in town.Its a rule.That rule wasnt anywhere,not in forums,not in game news etc.I was online when she kicked a friend and said to him:I will ban you if you continue with rain.I think its not a GM job to stop rains.The GMs jobs are to not let people break the rules that are in webpage. But thanks to god delasia in not a GM anymore. :lol:
I remember that there was a big uproar. I remember that she said it wasnt a rule, but it was lagging other players, and deliberating hindering someone elses game was against the rules.
I also remember that because of the uproar they (the DEVs) finally got around to making it impossible to cast rain in town.
Delasia not being a GM might be good or bad....dont know, but everytime someone screamed about her.....something got done to fix the original problem. End justifies the means??
If by finally you mean we waited until the next regular update (as we had to since we had WIP content in the repositories), then yes, finally.
Last edited by Jaxad0127 on 13 Oct 2009, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
tapion
Novice
Novice

Post by tapion »

If it lags the people then its the job of DEVs to fix it.It is not GMs job. However in this situation I am not playing.I play a better game where the moderators gave more than 50 rules.If you break any of them you get a warning on forums.In forums they tell you if you are in risk for a permanent ban.And they have the Report Abuse button for rule breakers.Nothing is unfair there.I would like tmw more if it will be fair to play.With platyna,MK and Katze as GMs I think tmw would be a great game.
Last edited by tapion on 13 Oct 2009, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

zyperz wrote:
It all trickles down to very small details in how you say things and how you put things in your text to other players. The difference between good and bad PR is marginal.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
This message used to be meaningful.
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

jaxad0127 wrote:Then you better be online 24/7 to handle player issues. We have multiple people with such access so it's likely that someone is always available.
Sure. Someone have to deal with bots, for example. I seen almost 100 bots on server (!!!). I know what this means and possible levels of troubles from this. I posted several suggestions how to relax such attacks (based on my IRC staff experience and thinking how to make attackers lives a bit harder). But all countermeasures can only relax attacks, delay them and keep them on manageable levels.

Remaining job on banning bots, evildoers, etc have to be done by alive server staff. Manually and 24/7. That's could turn into a huge task for a capable team at some point (to be fair it seems it's already happens). That's not what just single or too few persons can handle (and that's how it works in large serious projects). Failure to do so means attackers would choose a proper time to strike when all staff went offline. Just to cause more damage (send some spam, keep game unplayable as long as possible, etc). And no, 3 years ago there was no bots capable of joining in 100 instances quickly and f...g things up.

P.S. as for administration, I noticed cool internal clashing. Not what I wanted to see it. But... Platyna had revoked rights from at least some dev's while automatic accounts creation has been shut down due to attacks as countermeasure. Then nobody was able to create accounts at all. Great timing, I have to admit! Nice sequencing! Server totally messed up by it's own devs and administrator due to some clashing. And I has been "lucky" enough to recommend game to a friend a bit before this occured (that's how I learned about this shameful event, actually :evil:). Jax and Kage footballed person to Platyna due to lack of rights to create new ID since Platyna revoked these rights. And Platyna footballed to /dev/null. Impressive combo! The "only" problem is that innocent noob user failed to get ID in almost 2 days but got quite unusual experience instead. Is this how things should happen? Can you all try to value project's future over stupid personal clashes? :?
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I told Bjorn on the very same day that, I will handle the attack on the fw, so they can turn on character registration and he didn't, so get off me. ;-)

Regards.