spider mobs in Tulimshar

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

spider mobs in Tulimshar

Post by Leela »

Hi everyone

When I was sitting in Hurnscald tonight some noobs came there and where totally annoyed, talking about a Jack0 in Tulimshar. So I went there to look. I found large mobs of spiders at the birthplace and everywhere else... killing noobs who tried to get monsterpoints or killing maggots. also killing everyone who was "born" and everyone else, too... I saw Delasia sitting there so I asked but she didn't respond. Wombat finally told me it'S because of character spam.
I mean the idea is not bad BUT without any announcement? Without telling anyone what'S happening?
There where some noobs who where just annoyed, couldn't understand... they wanna play on THEIR place but can't. Those who didn't touch the menhir have the biggest problem and of course get angry. So i sat down at the menhir and told them not to go up and TRIED to explain what happened....

<annoyed>
So now I am slightly annoyed, too. Because there was no announcement, nothing. I tried to help as well as possible by leading the spiders back to the birthplace with #itenplz, dying a thousand times, just to let the noobs at least the south part of Tulimshar because the damn spiders where everywhere. But at some point i just gave up! Why shall I waste my time when I see it doesn't help. That's no fun...

So maybe next time the person doing something like that (spawning dangerous monsters on such a place!) should AT LEAST announce it...
</annoyed>

Just for those guys "it didn't happen because there is no screenshot" --> http://server.themanaworld.org/gm/gm.log.2009-10
[2009-10-16 20:55:00] 001-1.gat(127,34) Delasia : @warp 001-1
[2009-10-16 20:55:38] 001-1.gat(27,30) Delasia : @kick Bradford
[2009-10-16 20:55:47] 001-1.gat(27,30) Delasia : @kick colorfast
[2009-10-16 20:55:50] 001-1.gat(27,30) Delasia : @kick colorfast
[2009-10-16 20:56:03] 001-1.gat(27,30) Delasia : @kick bandages
[2009-10-17 00:19:41] 001-1.gat(26,30) Delasia : @spawn jacko
[2009-10-17 01:08:55] 001-1.gat(26,29) Delasia : @spawn grasssnake 10
[2009-10-17 01:11:45] 001-1.gat(26,29) Delasia : @spawn spider 100

[2009-10-17 02:28:14] 001-1.gat(26,29) Delasia : @kick vector
[2009-10-17 02:28:19] 001-1.gat(26,29) Delasia : @kick implanting
[2009-10-17 02:28:23] 001-1.gat(26,29) Delasia : @kick vectors
[2009-10-17 02:28:57] 001-1.gat(26,29) Delasia : @kick creeled
[2009-10-17 02:29:00] 001-1.gat(26,29) Delasia : @kick ashamed
I know kicking all those chararcters is much work... but there must be time for a little announcement...

cu ingame
Leela
Last edited by Leela on 17 Oct 2009, 02:43, edited 2 times in total.
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
SpamMaster
Novice
Novice

Re: spider mobs in Tulimshar

Post by SpamMaster »

Also, the player community didn't help by attacking the monsters and leading them away. Most of them seemed to think it was a spawn party.
Have a spamful evening, sir.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

It was an attempt to deal with the bots spawning there to disrupt the server and players.
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

That is clear Jaxad. just everone else who was not high leveled died. and this is a noob city... so at least an announcement *saying it again* would be good, so noobs know, not to go there... maybe next time, though?
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Itz a Tarp!
Attachments
TMW_Screenshot_1.png
TMW_Screenshot_1.png (196.02 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
Current character is "Abolish".
mightydefiant
Peon
Peon

Post by mightydefiant »

If we have like 400 char's standing in one spot, and making it almost impossible to log in, something has to be done. Also if you walk near the birth point, you game crashes, and forcing you to relog in, it kinda sucks big time. :evil:
JackDeth
Novice
Novice

Post by JackDeth »

mightydefiant wrote:If we have like 400 char's standing in one spot, and making it almost impossible to log in, something has to be done. Also if you walk near the birth point, you game crashes, and forcing you to relog in, it kinda sucks big time. :evil:

Is that what has been causing these SDL errors and not letting people log into the game?

I've tried for hours and cannot get back in.
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

guys?? I did NOT complain THAT something was done. I just said that it was (friendly off now) kinda stupid to just do WITHOUT warning those who need a warning. The noobs. In this way it was not ok!
And Wombat you screenshot is after the spawning so why did you post it?
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Because what is going on now is why the spider mobs were used. Without the intervention, those complaining players would be complaining over freezing by approaching the area instead of the spider mobs. I can't log back into the game because of them. So I await a server reset.
Current character is "Abolish".
mightydefiant
Peon
Peon

Post by mightydefiant »

Probably not fair to new players to be killed by jacko's (they were summoned too). But it's also not fair that no one can log in and play the game at all, or if you do get on, you are stuck at the birth point.
Dallas
Peon
Peon

Post by Dallas »

Life ain't..?
Only five defining forces have ever offered to die for you...

1. Jesus Christ
2. The American Soldier
3. The British Soldier
4. The Canadian Soldier
5. The Australian Soldier

One died for your soul, the other four died for your freedom
Delasia
Novice
Novice

Post by Delasia »

Leela wrote:That is clear Jaxad. just everone else who was not high leveled died. and this is a noob city... so at least an announcement *saying it again* would be good, so noobs know, not to go there... maybe next time, though?
Leela thanks for the suggestion, but please, if you look at the times between kicks, 5 seconds or less, at 8 seconds another logged in.....loosing battle
The spiders were there to kill the logins as it was suggested that dead bodies take up less bandwidth then live ones.
At one point there were over 400 people logged on.
With only one person there kicking, it took me (look at the logs) hours of MY game time to clear it up enough that people could actually log back in.
It wasnt a spawn party, Wombat and Enchilado tried to keep the noobs away and were told to MYOB, and the noobs came and pulled the monsters away anyway.
Not an ideal plan, but it gave people an opportunity to log in once the masses were reduced, and it gave the DEVs/Admins a chance to look at solutions to the problem.

Once again, it ceases to amaze me, that people see my name or char, and its automatically a "THE BIG BAD".
Its no wonder that none of the other capable (people who can use the kick command) had the time to help (except MK, Thanks you rock).
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Delasia wrote:The spiders were there to kill the logins as it was suggested that dead bodies take up less bandwidth then live ones.
No, they don't.

There are problems you can not (and don't have to) solve with the tools you have as a game master. Technical attacks are for the server administrators to handle.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Delasia
Novice
Novice

Post by Delasia »

Crush wrote:
Delasia wrote:The spiders were there to kill the logins as it was suggested that dead bodies take up less bandwidth then live ones.

Yea ok whatever.

Sorry, I wont TRY and help anymore. Sorry for wasting MY game time to TRY and assist the community as a whole.
Last edited by Delasia on 17 Oct 2009, 19:43, edited 2 times in total.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.."if all you keep in your toolbox is a hammer, then the only way YOU can fix things is pound it"..
Uber_Kalimero
Peon
Peon

Post by Uber_Kalimero »

Once again :
  • These troubles belong to the Admin's field of authority.
  • GMs are brave enough to try to cure things on an instant basis, but this recurrent problem was ignored over a too long lap now to be easily solved through the usual counter-measures of this game.
[EDIT] as our posts were time-crossing, thanks Del to try to find an issue on this, but ... IMHO that looks to be a conflict at main team egos level
Fruits and Vegetables are good for you : eat them ...