RO2 looks god awful

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Len
Knight
Knight

RO2 looks god awful

Post by Len »

If your going to switch from 2d sprits to 3d models, at least try to make the 3d models look good (and yes I could do better and still keep the poly count low)

...even the textures look horrific
RO had such a great look (and they just pissed it away)
Pixel Battalion
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: RO2 looks god awful

Post by Rotonen »

That's the basic "cute Korean" 3D.

Out of those games, Silkroad Online has gotten things somewhat right and consistent within itself, IMO.
This message used to be meaningful.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

ROSE Online, The game gravity published between RO1 and RO2, captured it much better, I think (note that Gravity didn't create this, they were just the publisher).

When Gravity made RO2 they were too eager to run behind the rest of the MMO industry and forgot to folllow the patterns which made RO1 unique. Both in graphic and in gameplay.

I loved RO1 for its creative design. A enourmous palette of originial monsters and maps which were full of small and large creative details which were fun to explore. You can tell that RO1 was a game designed with love...

...now I feel like creating a new Novice and start beating up Porings, Fabres and Lunatics around Prontera.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Its like they are trying to use cartoon cell animation style characters like The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, but on a half ass realistic environment. The blending of styles is looks to be a big fail to me.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad