"suck"

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

"suck"

Post by Matt »

Fother J wrote:
Matt wrote:Don't forget stuff out of my collection thread, there are various sand tiles by Adarias for example.
Fother J wrote:Image
omg how awesome is this, totally forgot about that :)
Because of this I decided to look up my forum posts which contain the word "suck".
Well, I am not really surprised that they were ... many matches, but the following post made me speechless:

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... t=you+suck
Matt wrote: OMG! THE BRAZIL NAZIS ARE COMMING AND WILL SUCK OUR SOULS!!!!!!!1111111elevenelven
(Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:48 pm)

Hell yeah, indeed!
Fother
Warrior
Warrior

Re: "suck"

Post by Fother »

Full version!

I also have these... but haven't had the heart to use them :P

Extra points for finding the threads these reference!

EDIT: OH NO! I FORGOT TO REMOVE REDUNDANT PIXELS FROM THE FULL VERSION OF THE MATTACK!

"Fother" Jarrett
Evil Pixel Artist
fotherland.com

feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 247#p73247
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 892#p10892

EDIT: Reading through that second thread I found this post particularly amusing. "Prove me wrong" he said, and here we are 5 years later with considerable progress under our belt!
~Feline Monstrosity
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Well I guess we still don't know if TMW is doomed to fail - but we have more progess than Allacrost :P
Armadeus
Knight
Knight

Post by Armadeus »

The Mana World will never fail, and if so, it will seem like it ceased to exist other than fail.
meeps
Novice
Novice

Post by meeps »

Matt wrote:Well I guess we still don't know if TMW is doomed to fail - but we have more progess than Allacrost :P

Unfortunately TMW can be considered a failed project when compared to the likes of Battle for Wesnoth, and guess who is art director of that project ... Jetrel.
Of course we can't all make Wesnoth, but TMW should be able to fill the server to capacity at least once each day before declaring a none failure status. (I say 500 people should be the goal) Actually could you image that 500 people in the game what that would look like and the stress levels of the GMs.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

meeps wrote:Unfortunately TMW can be considered a failed project when compared to the likes of Battle for Wesnoth
[...]
I say 500 people should be the goal
I wouldn't see TMW that negative. There are tons of MMOGs which would kill for having a userbase as large and stable as the TMW userbase. I played games - even commercial ones - which never ever even got close to 100+ players online at the same time. TMW reaches 100+ users every evening.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

And these are just alpha client-tester numbers! :lol:
~Feline Monstrosity
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

We're not alpha yet!
This message used to be meaningful.
Piateluca
Novice
Novice

Post by Piateluca »

sorry lol
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

Crush wrote:
meeps wrote:Unfortunately TMW can be considered a failed project when compared to the likes of Battle for Wesnoth
[...]
I say 500 people should be the goal
I wouldn't see TMW that negative. There are tons of MMOGs which would kill for having a userbase as large and stable as the TMW userbase. I played games - even commercial ones - which never ever even got close to 100+ players online at the same time. TMW reaches 100+ users every evening.
Mana World don't have a Wikipedia page. Don't have a TVTropes page (which even many flash games have). Facebook page is hard to find. People in "where I found TMW" topic are saying that they found a game in Ubuntu repositories.
Today I lost my way and found myself in a noob village. One newbie was lvl 11 and grinding (on 4 maggots that were there), the other was on lvl 6 and grinding, and couldn't find the way out of there. I spend an hour trying to help him do the quest.
I would say that newbie village quests should be more clear and friendly. In the client "put all whispers in tabs" should be marked as default. TMW client should, like manaplus, have online list window. In this way we wouldn't loose our noobs. Because our Linux noobs are quality noobs, and we should respect them :)
The game is a rather demanding one. Low drop rates, levels hard to earn... The greatest positive side are people. We have a really good community here. That's why I guess most of players wouldn't be happy if we suddenly had a 500 players, but very random ones.
I'm Image too much.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

Derpella wrote:Today I lost my way and found myself in a noob village. One newbie was lvl 11 and grinding (on 4 maggots that were there), the other was on lvl 6 and grinding, and couldn't find the way out of there. I spend an hour trying to help him do the quest.
I would say that newbie village quests should be more clear and friendly.
Can you tell me what exactly the difficulty is? It shouldn't be a problem if you just talk to the NPCs again... Is that really too hard?
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

I remember when I made an alt char, and by mistake I clicked that I want to go through tutorial. I spent 2 or 3 hours in that damned place (longer than the time I was able to make all non-mining tulimshar quests). I remember I was walking around all NPC-s and thinking it's bugged before I found the way to do this quest :) And noobs grinding on a ground where 4 maggots per hour are spawned are the proof that, however you may be mad at me and consider me an idiot, this quest can be a turn-off.
(This is a proof that amongst other games for linux, tmw is still more interesting, even if there was only 20x20 field with 4 maggots, knives and white cotton t-shirts).
I'm Image too much.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

Derpella wrote:I remember when I made an alt char, and by mistake I clicked that I want to go through tutorial. I spent 2 or 3 hours in that damned place (longer than the time I was able to make all non-mining tulimshar quests). I remember I was walking around all NPC-s and thinking it's bugged before I found the way to do this quest :) And noobs grinding on a ground where 4 maggots per hour are spawned are the proof that, however you may be mad at me and consider me an idiot, this quest can be a turn-off.
But what exactly is the difficulty? Is the dialogue too complicated? If it's really too hard, I'll be happy to adjust it, but first I need to understand what's making it too hard.
Derpella
Novice
Novice

Post by Derpella »

Oh, in this way :D
Actually, I redid this quest today, and it took me 2 minutes this time.
I know that game prefers delicate hints instead of straight instructions, so maybe add an NPC "Captain Obvious" :D To give them straight hints, like "Go to Milly" "Press enter to talk" "Put points in vitality and strength for now" "Give up or you'll end as a homeless zombie living on a pavement under the tree" etc.
And I see there is more maggots now, so levelling to kill this damn scorpion is easier...
I'm Image too much.