Little research about TMW's sexual preferences

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.

You consider yourself

male and straight
54%
male and homo-sexual
4%
male and bi-sexual
12%
female and straight
10%
female and homo-sexual
4%
female and bi-sexual
7%
none of the above
9%

Total votes: 69
kinwa
Novice
Novice

Re: Little research about TMW's sexual preferences

Post by kinwa »

jaxad0127 wrote:
kinwa wrote:sex = gender
Sex is physical
Gender is psychological/cultural.
in fact, physis and psyche can't be seperated like that. not just is our beliefs affecting our actions and in this way affecting our bodies and environment in the long run, but also is the world around us always being percieved in the terms and categories of our mind. but we can deconstruct the category of sex. we don't need it. i don't.
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

That's kind of generalizing, if you think about it, our entire personality is just a combination of everything - physical image, sexual desire, ambition, fear, love/hate, etc etc etc etc. It's easy for one person to say sex is separate from who we are, but to someone else, sex might be the way they express love, stress relief, could even be motivation.

We all like to pick and choose what parts of our personality are important and not, but really we are a mix of it all, so even if you say sex is unimportant, noone can help that sex and who you're attracted to affects your personality as much as the rest.

Anyways, this poll shows something i was curious about for a while, so... good job Katze :P haha.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

kinwa wrote:
jaxad0127 wrote:
kinwa wrote:sex = gender
Sex is physical
Gender is psychological/cultural.
in fact, physis and psyche can't be seperated like that. not just is our beliefs affecting our actions and in this way affecting our bodies and environment in the long run, but also is the world around us always being percieved in the terms and categories of our mind. but we can deconstruct the category of sex. we don't need it. i don't.
What about people born one but want to be the other?
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

kinwa wrote: in fact, physis and psyche can't be seperated like that.
Wow, if you do not know what you are talking about, please do not talk.

Gender is how one identifies themselves and their role in society. There are about 5 different parts of gender.

Sex is chemical identity. There are about 7 different sexes.

transsexual is a gender type. Not a chemical identity.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
kinwa
Novice
Novice

Post by kinwa »

thx for the advice. but i know what i'm talking about :)
you could have read my whole post, i explained it there. chemistry is not just happening without interaction with the psyche. this is a two-way interaction. also, identifying physical differences can be done in many ways and depending on different criteria.

sorry, i realized, i should stop discussing this when ppl don't want to.