the exotic trader prices

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.

Would you like to see the prices reduced?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 38
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: the exotic trader prices

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Yeah I know, I'm still here. But not everything in the game must change, especially peoples game play. I personally spend my time farming/collecting cause I don't like to level. Why should collectors game play have to change because others don't want to collect things or earn enough gold for certain things? People buy things off exotic trader like the crown and helmet and they earn enough gold for it, why cant they do the same for the unobtainable that people earned through time and effort? The only reason why people want it to become a drop is because they want things handed to them instead of them actually putting forward the time and effort to get them.

Regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

At some point the conversation might get too emotional...

I used to have a nice collection of rare items 3 years ago, then I gave most of them away. I came back to game 1 year ago, I bought some of the items I liked again. I noticed that prices raised a lot, and buying a rare few years ago was easier than today. And we have less new content nowadays.

What if we make old rares not-so-rare? What if a new player can actually collect a nice set of items he likes, without going mad from grinding? And what if after this, he thinks "Hey, I achieved something. This game is awesome. Maybe I could help to make it better".

Exotic trader and drops could be one possibility to get some rares. In addition, turning in boss points for rare items is an option too. Let's have a rought estimation: you can get up to 50000 BP in a year (if you play quite a lot). Based on this we could figure out more or less the bosspoint-price of rares. Just imagine, this would bring new life to candor/crypt quests/illia.

Another (maybe less good) idea is: when you turn level 99, you have a choice to reset to level 1, in exchange for 10M gold or a (lesser? random?) rare item. For example, there is an "evil" NPC (maybe Crastus?), who collects life experience from players, in exchange for treasures. Sounds like a quest that would make sense.

So you play a lot of TMW, you fight and level up, you get rewarded for it. You feel a purpose in game.
Nami
Novice
Novice

Post by Nami »

The way I see it is that there are people who have lots of money and have rare items who would be distraught if these rare items that they've worked hard for was reintroduced. And then there are those who really want an item but it is almost impossible to obtain due to extremely high prices or very very limited availability. The point is no one person can be happy.

I feel that the argument about 'new players ' I have seen on this thread is not very plausible because I think that in almost all cases, new players will not be focused on getting rare items and honestly, they'll be thinking about getting more GP than having hats. Many players don't enter the 'rares game' until much later in their TMW life when they have less to do and do not have as much to take in of the game.

I recently returned after two - three years away from the game and I too have seen a large increase in the price of items. Especially many seasonal items such as the elf night cap and bunch of parsley, however, items that have always been rare such as the eyepatch have pretty much stayed the same in price. Why is that? I think it's because players see lots of an item on different markets etc and when this slowly dies down and they don't see that item anymore, the price goes up. But items like the eyepatch go by unnoticed as they never see it around in the first place. If we're being technical, the price of the eyepatch should also increase in the same way the other items like the ones I mentioned above do. It's also sad that we don't see these very rare items around in the game because players get hold of it and keep it locked away in their storage. A common reason, which is true for me, is that people get annoyed with people asking to buy it.

Going back to what I said above about people not seeing items around anymore which causes the prices to increase and also about what Travolta mentioned about a Database scan (if possible)...I think the only thing we can do is get as closest to a compromise as we can.
Therefore, I think that players who have not accessed their account for over 18months should have their 'items scanned' and any items considered 'rare' in their storage/inventory should be duplicated and put up for sale on an NPC (either the exotic trader or a new one) and these prices shouldn't be ridiculously high or ridiculously low, they should be fairly moderate. This therefore would allow some items to be rescued and allow them to join the trading cycle and it wouldn't damage the market as unnaturally as it has been doing, giving players a chance to buy items they want. But, it will obviously be a limited selection and this would help to control the prices of rares dropping and stop the upsetting of players who have worked hard for rares. Essentially, we're just getting items back into the game that should 'technically' be there.

In addition to this, I propose that every month a rare randomly chosen item goes up for auction on the forums and every 6 months, an extremely rare item goes up for auction. This should also help a slow influx of items into the game to help balance the market.

P.S. I really like the idea of resetting levels and also the idea of utilising boss points.

/\/
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

There used to be an auctionbot. It's functions could be implemented in ManaMarket. Players could use it, but also every now and then a GM could throw in a rare item.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

They really should be expensive on the npc though, just as expensive if not more than the items on the exotic trader since these items are more rare than the ones on there cause people who want them can afford them through hard work which has shown considering people *have* bought the crowns/helmets/sabers. It's not impossible and people worked weeks/couple months which isn't unreasonable to be able to achieve such a goal. It only seems impossible to some because they don't want to put in the effort to get to that goal.

~Chicka
Yubaba
Travolta
Novice
Novice

Post by Travolta »

Chicka-Maria wrote:They really should be expensive on the npc though, just as expensive if not more than the items on the exotic trader since these items are more rare than the ones on there cause people who want them can afford them through hard work which has shown considering people *have* bought the crowns/helmets/sabers. It's not impossible and people worked weeks/couple months which isn't unreasonable to be able to achieve such a goal. It only seems impossible to some because they don't want to put in the effort to get to that goal.

~Chicka
Either hard work, or just simply selling their rares and other stuff. Trading items is much faster way to get GP. It encourages people to make many chars and get quest rewards (which, in my opinion, is another form of grinding, so bad), only to sell them.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Travolta wrote:
Chicka-Maria wrote:They really should be expensive on the npc though, just as expensive if not more than the items on the exotic trader since these items are more rare than the ones on there cause people who want them can afford them through hard work which has shown considering people *have* bought the crowns/helmets/sabers. It's not impossible and people worked weeks/couple months which isn't unreasonable to be able to achieve such a goal. It only seems impossible to some because they don't want to put in the effort to get to that goal.

~Chicka
Either hard work, or just simply selling their rares and other stuff. Trading items is much faster way to get GP. It encourages people to make many chars and get quest rewards (which, in my opinion, is another form of grinding, so bad), only to sell them.
Yeah the rares you have that you earned...I also grinded iron ore, and other items to sell to players for gold, Sold items to the npc, had a open shop, posted on forums etc. I worked hard to get the things I did, why should people freely get them so when others worked hard for it? It doesn't encourage people to make many characters, I have a lot of characters for RP reasons and a few shops. It's better than people botting for a low drop rate on a mob. No matter what game you play people will be making many characters even on high end games like FFXIV people make like 12 characters per account so thats no real excuse.
Yubaba
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Items put into exotic trader don't have to be Rares in the sense of epic gear, some of the more uncommon items might be nice to add in or to even other traders. Possibly make the exotic trader more like the Caravan traders in Fallout.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Altus Institute
Novice
Novice

Post by Altus Institute »

Travolta wrote:At some point the conversation might get too emotional...

I used to have a nice collection of rare items 3 years ago, then I gave most of them away. I came back to game 1 year ago, I bought some of the items I liked again. I noticed that prices raised a lot, and buying a rare few years ago was easier than today. And we have less new content nowadays.

What if we make old rares not-so-rare? What if a new player can actually collect a nice set of items he likes, without going mad from grinding? And what if after this, he thinks "Hey, I achieved something. This game is awesome. Maybe I could help to make it better".

Exotic trader and drops could be one possibility to get some rares. In addition, turning in boss points for rare items is an option too. Let's have a rought estimation: you can get up to 50000 BP in a year (if you play quite a lot). Based on this we could figure out more or less the bosspoint-price of rares. Just imagine, this would bring new life to candor/crypt quests/illia.

Another (maybe less good) idea is: when you turn level 99, you have a choice to reset to level 1, in exchange for 10M gold or a (lesser? random?) rare item. For example, there is an "evil" NPC (maybe Crastus?), who collects life experience from players, in exchange for treasures. Sounds like a quest that would make sense.

So you play a lot of TMW, you fight and level up, you get rewarded for it. You feel a purpose in game.
+10

Rare some time ago : obtained doing nothing or at low price some time ago.
Rare now : impossible to get because the price is too high.

How you guys have so much gp?
By grinding? Selling in shop?
Dont make me laugh...you exploit bugs to make gp.
So if we want rare we need to find exploit some game issue...nice :mrgreen:

I looking for the christmas ornament in aqua color.
I ask to everyone i believe is old player and even others.
Nobody have it.
Or just one...so they want to keep it.

There is a player who gave to the others players for free a needle some weeks ago.
I ask about the ornament, and he tell me he have and showed me in the trade window 3000 christmas ornament in aqua color.
After that i thought yeah!! it exist a last color i never saw, i want to add it in my collection, and its not so "rare" because this player have 3000.
All i found its no because its a rare, nobody can have it...

You are bunch of liars.

Since i play, i started last year, my storage is just full of items.
and i just have 3 accounts.
I have some +- and some ++ and some -- : but i have.
I remember when i started and asking around about items to sell, nobody have.
But the players are still the same...
I still ears some old players telling i dont have...
and i saw the price in MM was so high...
One year ago a setzer was 400k gp, now its 180k gp and stay for a long time in your hand...why?
Because old players are still here and play with alt.
So they already have all the items.
Only new players or a lazy one who want to equip his new alt will buy items without doing quest.

Now with 1 year playing i understand that you want the price so high.
Its not the items cant be found.
Its not the items are "rare".
You just dont want to give this to the others or they have to "suffer" to have them.
Read the post from chicka Maria...

I tried to sell items, that doesnt brings "millions" to have an eyespatch.
I tried to grind red slime a lot....its still boring.
I tried illia and that need 4 players to do it, and a really "rare" mage to run in the quest.
when the team members dont planning to make you lose in the quest...

So guys where did you have your gp??
Where did you have so much gp to get items at this high price??
:lol:
19:24:32 wushin So, can you do something?
19:24:52 Altus I can do nothing.
19:25:07 wushin So you are highly capable of doing nothing?
19:25:20 Altus yerp =D
19:25:31 wushin Crap, im only highly capable of doing something...=/
19:25:34 cassy Its ok wu-wu, we all needs to start somewhere...
19:25:43 deepthought wtf
19:25:46 wushin .....
19:25:52 cassy *pokes* deepthought
Ange Alus Banshee User
Remus Bull Rager Warrior Lv99
Maulne Bull Rager Warrior
Basilic Lazurite Dark Speed Mage
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Altus Institute wrote:+10

Rare some time ago : obtained doing nothing or at low price some time ago.
Rare now : impossible to get because the price is too high.

How you guys have so much gp?
By grinding? Selling in shop?
Dont make me laugh...you exploit bugs to make gp.
So if we want rare we need to find exploit some game issue...nice :mrgreen:

I looking for the christmas ornament in aqua color.
I ask to everyone i believe is old player and even others.
Nobody have it.
Or just one...so they want to keep it.

There is a player who gave to the others players for free a needle some weeks ago.
I ask about the ornament, and he tell me he have and showed me in the trade window 3000 christmas ornament in aqua color.
After that i thought yeah!! it exist a last color i never saw, i want to add it in my collection, and its not so "rare" because this player have 3000.
All i found its no because its a rare, nobody can have it...

You are bunch of liars.

Since i play, i started last year, my storage is just full of items.
and i just have 3 accounts.
I have some +- and some ++ and some -- : but i have.
I remember when i started and asking around about items to sell, nobody have.
But the players are still the same...
I still ears some old players telling i dont have...
and i saw the price in MM was so high...
One year ago a setzer was 400k gp, now its 180k gp and stay for a long time in your hand...why?
Because old players are still here and play with alt.
So they already have all the items.
Only new players or a lazy one who want to equip his new alt will buy items without doing quest.

Now with 1 year playing i understand that you want the price so high.
Its not the items cant be found.
Its not the items are "rare".
You just dont want to give this to the others or they have to "suffer" to have them.
Read the post from chicka Maria...

I tried to sell items, that doesnt brings "millions" to have an eyespatch.
I tried to grind red slime a lot....its still boring.
I tried illia and that need 4 players to do it, and a really "rare" mage to run in the quest.
when the team members dont planning to make you lose in the quest...

So guys where did you have your gp??
Where did you have so much gp to get items at this high price??
:lol:
Considering you're a troll I'm not even going to take your post seriously, because clearly you did not read all the posts, which some clearly explain on some ways to make gold in this game fair without exploiting bugs. I never exploited a gold earning bug never have and never will because I'm good with grinding out different things in the game that can be sold to others for either their quests, wants for certain items or needs..It's called marketing which you probably know nothing about. As for the aqua ornament you're full of it because I just seen 3 of them traded in the past 2 weeks to other players.

Lazy players will be lazy and want things for free though. Again, incase you didn't see the crowns and monster helms were 30KK and people bought those too after working hard for weeks or a couple months at most.

Learn to make gold and stop being lazy and you will find the items you want.

chicka~
Yubaba
soseki
Novice
Novice

Post by soseki »

I feel like if you the Developers don't do anything about this, a large portion of the current players will start leaving the game in the following months.
To stop this you could add more quests, reintroduce rares by using the Exotic Trader or some kind of mechanism that would keep them entertained for as long as possible.
I don't know if it just me, but recently the game has been "reviving" so lets try to improve it.
“I do not want your admiration now, because I do not want your insults in the future. I bear with my loneliness now, in order to avoid greater loneliness in the years ahead. You see, loneliness is the price we have to pay for being born in this modern age, so full of freedom, independence, and our own egotistical selves.”
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

soseki wrote:I feel like if you the Developers don't do anything about this, a large portion of the current players will start leaving the game in the following months.
To stop this you could add more quests, reintroduce rares by using the Exotic Trader or some kind of mechanism that would keep them entertained for as long as possible.
I don't know if it just me, but recently the game has been "reviving" so lets try to improve it.
If people will start leaving the game over throwing a temper tantrum because they don't want to work for their earnings then theres something else wrong with the game not the rare hats. Other successful MMOs like FFXIV don't even make rares obtainable again and make them untradable so only few people have certain things, People still play that game even if they can't get them. In this game you already have an opportunity to go around, EARN gold and talk to players on the markets.
Yubaba
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Just a little reminder:
I joined over 2 ½ years ago and there were no current "rares" available for free or nearly nothing.
They had almost the same prices as today.

Anyway, like I said I'm all for making them available again but expensive or otherwise hard to obtain.
My last suggestion was ignored though.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Why old rares anyways, we have like 20 hats and some other gear that could be used that never made it in game, ever.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Nami
Novice
Novice

Post by Nami »

wushin wrote:Why old rares anyways, we have like 20 hats and some other gear that could be used that never made it in game, ever.
I agree, instead of trying to mess with the natural infrastructure of the game which would upset people whilst making others happy and vice versa, we should just make use of the resources we have available which will have no effect on the current game and will not upset anyone. Fortunately, hats are one of the easier items to make in terms of pixel art and therefore we could have a lot of them and making new ones won't be much of a task.

But again, going back to what Soseki said, it isn't easy as "developers doing something about this". It requires a lot of time and effort to produce content for the game and the dev team would rather busy their hands with making new content than try and resolve arguments that are just turning in cycles and seem to have no end. Yes, we would love to make everyone happy but that is very very difficult and almost impossible in some cases. New quests would entertain just as much as old hats.

/\/