bug in the quest magic

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.
Forum rules
This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums
Post Reply
User avatar
Link , hero of time
Novice
Novice
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:05 pm
Location: it varies from game to game , "The Legend of Zelda" but I often find myself to Hyrule

bug in the quest magic

Post by Link , hero of time » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:22 pm

there is a BIG problem
wiki wrote:Sagatha
_____________________
Injured Mouboo
At the end of the cave northwest of Hurnscald with a "danger" sign. #inma mouboo (not "boo"!). Must have level 2 life magic first.
If you don't have life 2 magic, give him a large potion. To make large potions, see Alchemy.
Sagatha's tree
Southeast of Tulimshar (Snake Desert), #kaflosh and hug tree (*hug*, *hugs*, etc will work, as will the /me client command). Require nature magic level 2 and basic magic level 2 for #kaflosh
Earth Spirit
. If a magician saves mooboo and cut the tree in the desert
then , he (magician) can not have a good spell

the magician is Light or Dark path of magic ?


then he is neutral ??

:?

questions unanswered.
link the hero of time
User avatar
Dicekid
Peon
Peon
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: bug in the quest magic

Post by Dicekid » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:46 pm

He, who can read, is a wise man....
Light or Dark path of magic?

If you healed the Injured Mouboo and/or huged Sagatha's tree, you won't be able to kill the Injured Mouboo and/or cut Sagatha's tree and have chosed the Light path of magic. If you killed the Injured Mouboo and/or cuted Sagatha's tree, you won't be able to heal the Injured Mouboo and/or hug Sagatha's tree and have chosed the Dark path of magic. Currently, with the Light path you can have Nature and Astral magic. Currently, with the Dark part you can have Nature magic.
Wiki

Greetings,
Dicekid
Roll the dice, kid!
User avatar
Link , hero of time
Novice
Novice
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:05 pm
Location: it varies from game to game , "The Legend of Zelda" but I often find myself to Hyrule

Re: bug in the quest magic

Post by Link , hero of time » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:10 pm

Dicekid wrote:He, who can read, is a wise man....
Light or Dark path of magic?

If you healed the Injured Mouboo and/or huged Sagatha's tree, you won't be able to kill the Injured Mouboo and/or cut Sagatha's tree and have chosed the Light path of magic. If you killed the Injured Mouboo and/or cuted Sagatha's tree, you won't be able to heal the Injured Mouboo and/or hug Sagatha's tree and have chosed the Dark path of magic. Currently, with the Light path you can have Nature and Astral magic. Currently, with the Dark part you can have Nature magic.
Wiki

Greetings,
Dicekid
but if he healed the mooboo and/or cuted the tree ? :wink:


the question with a wrong answer

person listens to me! Normally , I do not speak!

one has the right to be wrong sometimes
link the hero of time
August Knight
Peon
Peon
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:06 am

Re: bug in the quest magic

Post by August Knight » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:22 pm

Four ways to play this:

1. Cut tree AND kill sick mouboo = dark path of magic

2. Cut tree BUT heal sick mouboo = dark path of magic
*can still get magic from well

3. Rain and hug tree BUT kill sick mouboo = dark path of magic
*but cannot get magic from well (needs tree branch)

4. If you do not cut tree and do not kill or heal sick mouboo = neutral

For all situations, you may learn the spells from other players, but you will not gain the exp from completing/practicing magic with a trainer or teacher like Sagatha.

This is not a bug.
User avatar
Link , hero of time
Novice
Novice
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:05 pm
Location: it varies from game to game , "The Legend of Zelda" but I often find myself to Hyrule

Re: bug in the quest magic

Post by Link , hero of time » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:46 pm

August Knight wrote:Four ways to play this:

1. Cut tree AND kill sick mouboo = dark path of magic

2. Cut tree BUT heal sick mouboo = dark path of magic
*can still get magic from well

3. Rain and hug tree BUT kill sick mouboo = dark path of magic
*but cannot get magic from well (needs tree branch)

4. If you do not cut tree and do not kill or heal sick mouboo = neutral

For all situations, you may learn the spells from other players, but you will not gain the exp from completing/practicing magic with a trainer or teacher like Sagatha.

This is not a bug.
what I mean is that they was not thinking to be neutral


this has not been thinking of having a train before "Spirit tracks"
link the hero of time
User avatar
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:35 pm
Location: Internet

Re: bug in the quest magic

Post by Jaxad0127 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:11 pm

Redemption quests and an "evil" astral teacher are in the works.
Image
User avatar
Necromokron
Novice
Novice
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:47 am
Location: 6 Feet under

Re: bug in the quest magic

Post by Necromokron » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:02 pm

Wouldn't it be possible to get light AND dark without a 'redemption quest' by healing the mouboo, hugging the tree and then buying a branch off of someone else? If not, i would like a possible reset of the light and dark, as I prefer dark but wanted to use astral.

Also, it would actually be possible to use astral with the current evil path, as one only needs the level requirement, the item(s) and to know the spell, as it is easily possible to look on the wiki to find the spells. :D

P.S. How far are you with the redemption quests and evil astral teacher? If possible, I would like a rough release date without anyone simply saying something along the lines of 'When it does!', and please don't make it cost too much (e.g. 500k +), as I want to be evil without spending all my money and selling all my items. :mrgreen:
Lag in games is nothing compared to lag in real life. I mean, it took Jesus 3 DAYS to respawn! if that isn't bad, I don't know what is.
User avatar
iamWayne
Peon
Peon
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: bug in the quest magic

Post by iamWayne » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:16 pm

deleted
Last edited by iamWayne on Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:35 pm
Location: Internet

Re: bug in the quest magic

Post by Jaxad0127 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:27 pm

Necromokron wrote:Wouldn't it be possible to get light AND dark without a 'redemption quest' by healing the mouboo, hugging the tree and then buying a branch off of someone else? If not, i would like a possible reset of the light and dark, as I prefer dark but wanted to use astral.
I'm pretty sure you have to cut it yourself.
Necromokron wrote:P.S. How far are you with the redemption quests and evil astral teacher? If possible, I would like a rough release date without anyone simply saying something along the lines of 'When it does!', and please don't make it cost too much (e.g. 500k +), as I want to be evil without spending all my money and selling all my items. :mrgreen:
You'll have to ask Fate.
Image
User avatar
fate
Novice
Novice
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:34 pm

Re: bug in the quest magic

Post by fate » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:00 pm

Hi,

there has been no progress on that part, as I am trying to finish another part first-- and that part in turn has seen very little progress because other projects keep pre-empting it. I'm currently settling into a new job, so please be patient. :-)

-- fate
User avatar
Link , hero of time
Novice
Novice
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:05 pm
Location: it varies from game to game , "The Legend of Zelda" but I often find myself to Hyrule

Re: bug in the quest magic

Post by Link , hero of time » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:23 pm

fate wrote:Hi,

there has been no progress on that part, as I am trying to finish another part first-- and that part in turn has seen very little progress because other projects keep pre-empting it. I'm currently settling into a new job, so please be patient. :-)

-- fate

the fate is nigh? it isn't before the script but after

the End of the World is nigh , the moon is against the earth? it isn't after but before to I can save the world
link the hero of time
User avatar
Necromokron
Novice
Novice
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:47 am
Location: 6 Feet under

Re: bug in the quest magic

Post by Necromokron » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:14 pm

jaxad0127 wrote:I'm pretty sure you have to cut it yourself.
Crap.
Lag in games is nothing compared to lag in real life. I mean, it took Jesus 3 DAYS to respawn! if that isn't bad, I don't know what is.
Post Reply