Hi Check out my website plz :)

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
shannonbrimer
Novice
Novice

Hi Check out my website plz :)

Post by shannonbrimer »

check out the website and til me what you think about it it still needs alil more work and if u want to join my crew whisper me on tmw and register for the website its free to join thx alot.
Emotional Warrior
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Hi Check out my website plz :)

Post by Crush »

What website?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
shannonbrimer
Novice
Novice

Post by shannonbrimer »

lol opps sorry i was alil tired when i posted that heres the website

http://magesofmana.clangrid.com/
Emotional Warrior
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Do you want constructive criticism?

(I better ask beforehand, because people tend to be upset when I am too honest while pointing out what they can do better)
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
shannonbrimer
Novice
Novice

Post by shannonbrimer »

dude shut away theres nothing u can do to mad me mad i didnt post it for comments i posted it for peoples idea and help cus my eyes anit that good of seeing and i can use help with somthing i did see that looks like Chocolate Cupcake
Emotional Warrior
August Knight
Novice
Novice

Post by August Knight »

Alright shannonbrimer, let's get started.

Once the page opens, you should put a more descriptive statement of your clan.
What do you guys specialize in? What is your group trying to accomplish or achieve?
A mission statement or such would be nice.

Clean up that picture for the page, (the cavern picture) I can see "JackDeth" on the bottom ;) unless JackDeth is part of your group. The main page with the HP/MP job bars seem fine. But it's redundant when it's both on the selector page (with the Home/Blog/etc pages) remove / cut out that top part to clean it up a bit.

If it's a group.../ a clan, create your own symbol/logo to really represent yourself.

you should look around at other clanshttp://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Player_Groups, and their websites to see how they've professionally done it.

Good luck with your page/clan.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

When you want to use a tmw screenshot as a background you should crop it so that it doesn't show the buttons at the top. For the visitor of your homepage it looks like they are navigation buttons of your website and they will attempt to click on them. This is very confusing.

Then you are trying to get your visitors to register. Why? What benefit do I have when I register? What services do you provide which don't work without a registration?

It's very annoying that a lot of websites nowadays have compulsory registration and refuse to show you information when you don't register, even when you don't use any interactive or personalized features which justify a personal account.

Why do they still do this? Data mining! They want to gather as much personal information and movement profiles as possible. Then they sell this data to other companies which link it to user databases from other sources to create detailed user profiles for marketing research purposes. Don't get me wrong, this is surely not your intention. I just want to explain you why a wise internet user avoids unnecessary registration whenever possible.

(Hint: http://www.bugmenot.com is a service which collects accounts for websites for everyone to use so that you needn't register and don't give them any usable profiling data. An no, it doesn't require registration ;))
  • NOT a game master

shannonbrimer
Novice
Novice

The update on website

Post by shannonbrimer »

i hope i get a better reply from yall i updated it some so yea check it out if u would
Emotional Warrior
shannonbrimer
Novice
Novice

Post by shannonbrimer »

i made some upgrades check it out tell me if its better

Emotional Warrior
August Knight
Novice
Novice

Post by August Knight »

Much better indeed, now for the coup de grace, what you need on that introduction page is a list of instructions to those who link to your site.

How do they join?

How do they contact you?

(or make it easier put a link on your intro page for easy access to your registration etc..)
shannonbrimer
Novice
Novice

Post by shannonbrimer »

they can contatc me in game altho i havnt been playing much be trying to figure of y when someone gos to it it load on other link and not the home page link and they register for the website just like anyother website and home link is where they register
Emotional Warrior
zyperz
Peon
Peon

Post by zyperz »

shannonbrimer wrote:lol opps sorry i was alil tired when i posted that heres the website

Take if from experience if you are a WOMAN, be very careful
Shannonbrimer is a stalker and a freak.
If you go to his site it will grab your IP and you will get Zero rest.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

1993 called, they want their website back.
shannonbrimer
Novice
Novice

Post by shannonbrimer »

haha people having jokes and by the ways the talker stoker idk who u are and never seen u before dont dont go making rumors about someone u dont know so yea get ur head out ur butt and grow up
Emotional Warrior
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

shannonbrimer wrote:haha people having jokes and by the ways the talker stoker idk who u are and never seen u before dont dont go making rumors about someone u dont know so yea get ur head out ur butt and grow up
I'm Mr. Awesome, nice to meet you.